The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Windows 10 gaming performance questions.  (Read 1142 times)

Offline VoodooMax

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Orange and White
  • Height: 5 Feet 11 Inches
  • Weight: 130 pounds
  • Build: Slender
Windows 10 gaming performance questions.
« on: December 02, 2016, 02:26:27 AM »
Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and I noticed some performance issues when playing games. I was playing Painkiller Black Edition and when enemies are on screen the game goes into slow motion, and I don't mean dropping frames, I mean slow motion but still runs smooth (if that makes any sense). I was wondering if Windows 10 has performance issues when it comes to gaming.

Offline slim

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • ^^
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Black
  • Height: 65 kg
  • Weight: 1.70 cm
Re: Windows 10 gaming performance questions.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 11:28:08 AM »
Ehhh windows 10 is the best OS for gaming atm, try to make a fresh install. Making upgrades from the older os can bring some performace problems.
  • Avatar by: Made by the one and only leslax <3
"The ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do."

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 12:21:51 PM »
Ehhh windows 10 is the best OS for gaming atm, try to make a fresh install. Making upgrades from the older os can bring some performace problems.

From what I've heard, this is correct. Just back up your important stuff and go fresh like Slim, that usually works for this kind of problem. (plus what have you got to lose if you've got your stuff backed up?)

I had this kind of problem myself a while back, and the Windows reinstall fixed it.

0h, another possibility is related to the fact that some older games go slow motion  when you have plenty of graphics performance but are bottlenecked by CPU for one reason or another.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 12:23:32 PM by George »

Offline VoodooMax

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Orange and White
  • Height: 5 Feet 11 Inches
  • Weight: 130 pounds
  • Build: Slender
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 05:08:08 AM »

From what I've heard, this is correct. Just back up your important stuff and go fresh like Slim, that usually works for this kind of problem. (plus what have you got to lose if you've got your stuff backed up?)

I had this kind of problem myself a while back, and the Windows reinstall fixed it.

0h, another possibility is related to the fact that some older games go slow motion  when you have plenty of graphics performance but are bottlenecked by CPU for one reason or another.
I do like Windows 10 and so far i'm loving it I might look into the bottleneck issue, thanks.

Offline Kate Hanami

• Avid Aardvark
  • An ACTUAL Animal Talker
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Squirrel
  • Coloring: Red Body, White Belly, Black Claws, Pink Nose, Dark Gray Eyes
  • Height: Kinda tall when look, but actually average size...
  • Weight: Lightweight, possibly underweight for his size
  • Build: I dunno.... Squirrel like? I've already said is a normal looking Squirrel
  • Currently: bored out of my mind
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 03:41:10 PM »
There is one thing I noticed though, Unlike Seven, 10 take over your resources at any point to perform any task, meaning if there's an update, a new mail, or a system fail for just a moment, Windows 10 to take your resources from the computer completely disregarding anything you're doing, so, that's normal as far as I can tell

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2016, 09:32:32 PM »
There is one thing I noticed though, Unlike Seven, 10 take over your resources at any point to perform any task, meaning if there's an update, a new mail, or a system fail for just a moment, Windows 10 to take your resources from the computer completely disregarding anything you're doing, so, that's normal as far as I can tell
That's not normal. Windows 10, much like Windows 8 and 8.1, is significantly more efficient and less wasteful of resources than Windows 7 ever was.

Though you might just be running Chrome?
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Kate Hanami

• Avid Aardvark
  • An ACTUAL Animal Talker
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Squirrel
  • Coloring: Red Body, White Belly, Black Claws, Pink Nose, Dark Gray Eyes
  • Height: Kinda tall when look, but actually average size...
  • Weight: Lightweight, possibly underweight for his size
  • Build: I dunno.... Squirrel like? I've already said is a normal looking Squirrel
  • Currently: bored out of my mind
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2016, 04:17:58 AM »
That's not normal. Windows 10, much like Windows 8 and 8.1, is significantly more efficient and less wasteful of resources than Windows 7 ever was.

Though you might just be running Chrome?
I wouldn't be running Chrome even if worth Platinum, that thing is garbage compared to efficiency of Firefox and the speed of UC Browser
But that's actually true, I had Windows 10 in multiple hardware, and I runs all sorts of scan on it, I the most likely results for all that geeky hibbiry jibbiry I went up and down bananas to fix, is that Windows 10 take no regard for what you doing and perform Windows maintenance stuff, there nothing I - I mean we, the average user - can do about it, it is on Windows 10 itself, and I still get worked up and hot-headed about the thought of it, sorry...