The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: New here!  (Read 800 times)

Offline xCreepyMouse

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Rodent
New here!
« on: November 17, 2016, 03:04:39 AM »
  Hi, just call me Creepy. New to the forums.
  My fursona species is rodent and my fursona is a albino mouse. She is the same age as me, which is 18. Her name is Creepy.

I'm relatively new to the furry fandom and only recently got into it. I haven't really explored the fandom too much, minus joining some groups on whisper and joining Ferzu. I do not have a fur suit, currently. Nor does anyone in my family, know I am a furry. I feel like they might look at me weird.
  Even though two of my family members are normally relatively accepting. I have autism, major depressive disorder, anxiety (mainly social). I do not possess the skills to draw my fursona. My avatar pic is the picture of my avatar on IMVU. IMVU is a virtual world. I feel kind of weird because my avatar also has human outfits and furry outfits.
  I feel like most people tend to just use furry outfits if they are in the fandom. Especially on IMVU. I may make a new IMVU account and use that one strictly for furry stuff.

I enjoy reading,writing,watching tv shows or anime,anything horror,mickey mouse,robots,virtual worlds,music,crime documentaries / tv shows,etc.

Any tips or things I should know about the furry community?  ^_^
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 03:13:49 AM by xCreepyMouse »

Offline ?

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Poster
  • Evolution Pokémon
    • Awards
  • Species: eevee
  • Height: 1'
  • Weight: 14.1 lbs
  • Currently: ^v^
Re: New here!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 03:25:05 AM »
Welcome to the forums, Creepy! :)

Lots of many different friendly furs to meet here, I hope you have a good time  ^_^
Everything comes from nothing
Everything is something
So just let it all keep happening

Don't be a means to someone's end
It's all just beginning why can't we extend
An invitation to every hand

All hands can clap
All hearts are beating equally
The pulls of the air we're breathing

If we can believe in one part of it
Then we can believe in all of it
So don't stop
Don't stop the party

Offline John Red Beard

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioren (Lion)
  • Coloring: Tan with auburn markings
  • Height: 6’ 4"quot
  • Weight: 225 lbs
  • Build: Tall, dad bod
  • Currently: Napping
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 03:30:12 AM »
Nice to meet you Creepy. Welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure what to tell you about the community. There's chatting, art, role playing, stuff like that. And I think that most furries don't have a fursuit. Some do, some don't, it's definitely not a required or expected thing.

I have persistent depressive disorder myself, and pretty bad social anxiety. So, yeah. Mental health solidarity.
Tsaenoa (sounds like "sigh Noah")   Daome (sounds like "dow may")

Offline Firox

• I is very friendly! No worries
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • (still reply to my other sonas, in signature)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox *Flareon*
  • Coloring: Main fur red, do have fluffy yellow fur on head tuft, mane, and tail, dark red inside ears
  • Height: 3ft / 91 cm, lenght: 3ft 6in / 106cm, tail: 3ft 6in / 105cm
  • Weight: 38 lbs / 17kg
  • Build: playful, caring, competitive
  • Currently: friendly and full of fun - love chocolate chip cookies!
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 09:49:15 AM »
*waves paw - wags tail*

hai and welcome Creepy!
come  have fun with us
you love so much fun stuff
all you really need to know (tips??) is just be your friendly mouse-self and have fun with all of us, in various dens

I'm Firox, the friendly and snuggable fox
Info on my sona
Vay, female, Vaporeon, New York CIty, New York
Joseph, male, Jolteon, Kansas City, Missouri
Aaron, male, Flareon, McMinnville, Oregon
Arval, male, Umbreon,  San Francisco, California
Jyo, male, Espeon, Seattle, Washington
Linette, female, Leafeon, Biloxi, Mississippi
Grace, female, Glaceon, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Sherrie, female, Sylveon, Las Vegas, Nevada

8 opposite gender mates:
Leonardo, male, Vaporeon, Venice, Italy
Robyn, female, Jolteon, Bridgetown, Barbados
Fleur, female, Flareon, Marseille, France
Aycan, female, Umbreon, Istanbul, turkey
Elise, female, Espeon, Basseterre, St. Kitts-Nevis
Zoran, male, Leafeon, Velez, North Macedonia
Florian, male, Glaceon, Craiova, Romania
Seth, male, Sylveon, Ashgabath, Turkmenistan

My other supporting sonas:
Charlene - Bobby - Marrie - Milo - Vanessa - Zoey - Jeremy -Yana - Kumar - Francine - Rorch - Marvinne - Darsha

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 03:49:33 PM »
Hiya Creepy!

First off, welcome and I hope you have fun here.  I'm sure you'll fit in fine, so feel free to say hi or ask questions or just check things out!

As for feeling weird and/or accepted, well if I've learnt anything it's that there is no one way of being furry.  Everyone seems to do it their own way, so I guess treat it like a buffet: take what you want and leave the rest.  You can always take a bite of something new and spit it out if you don't like it!  XD

Anyway, glad you found us and I hope to see you around :3

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 10:36:08 PM »
Hello Creepy :)
Welcome to the forums and the fandom! My name is Ventus Fall and I'm your local fur dragon here :P

What kind of anime do you like to watch, if I may ask?
And what is your favourite type of music, do you have any favourite songs you like to listen to?

As for having a rodent as character, I got a white rat character myself :)

First off, you do not need a fursuit to be furry. Some want a suit, others don't want or need a suit. And some fursuiters don't 'classify' themselves as furry either. So no worries if you don't have a fursuit :)
Secondly, you don't need to tell your parents, but if you have relatively accepting people around you, I'm sure they won't think it's weird. Or they would, but not in a bad way. See the furry fandom and community as a way to express yourself. There are many kinds of people, many different types of people, in the furry fandom. They share one common interest: Having an interest in furry art.
In whatever shape or form that may be; art, music, fursuiting, etc.
Furry art is nothing more than anthropomised creatures/animals: From wolves with human emotions on their faces, to full on digitigrade anthro dragons (just to name a few examples :)). From The Lion King to Fantastic Mr.Fox, there are many movies, comics, shows and games depicting anthropomorphic characters!

As for possessing skills to draw your fursona:
We have the Art Board with Art For Trade/Sale/Free, so you can look if anyone is open for (free) slots to draw your character ^_^
You can also post a request in the Requests board.
Or you can do both, either works :) We usually have a few artists on these forums who are busy with drawings, so don't be afraid to drop a message there!

I would say as for tips?
Just be friendly and kind :P I see you already are, and you made quite a nice introduction.

If you have any more questions, or just would like to talk, feel free to message me ^-^
Take care :3

• Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline slim

• Eager Elephant
  • ^^
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Black
  • Height: 65 kg
  • Weight: 1.70 cm
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2016, 03:45:48 PM »
Hi Creepy welcome to the forum and have fun  ^_^
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 04:49:55 PM by slim »
  • Avatar by: Made by the one and only leslax <3
"The ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do."

Offline Rob_Silvermyst

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • King of Furgasta
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Furiffic Profile
    • Awards
  • Species: Archangel Wolf
  • Coloring: Silver/White (fur), White (Wings), Gold (Eyes)
  • Height: 6ft
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • Build: Tone
  • Currently: Tea with a fascinating stranger is one of life's true delights.
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2016, 04:41:04 PM »
Welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here  ^_^

Offline xCreepyMouse

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Rodent
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2016, 05:01:06 AM »
Hello Creepy :)
Welcome to the forums and the fandom! My name is Ventus Fall and I'm your local fur dragon here :P

What kind of anime do you like to watch, if I may ask?
And what is your favourite type of music, do you have any favourite songs you like to listen to?

As for having a rodent as character, I got a white rat character myself :)

First off, you do not need a fursuit to be furry. Some want a suit, others don't want or need a suit. And some fursuiters don't 'classify' themselves as furry either. So no worries if you don't have a fursuit :)
Secondly, you don't need to tell your parents, but if you have relatively accepting people around you, I'm sure they won't think it's weird. Or they would, but not in a bad way. See the furry fandom and community as a way to express yourself. There are many kinds of people, many different types of people, in the furry fandom. They share one common interest: Having an interest in furry art.
In whatever shape or form that may be; art, music, fursuiting, etc.
Furry art is nothing more than anthropomised creatures/animals: From wolves with human emotions on their faces, to full on digitigrade anthro dragons (just to name a few examples :) ). From The Lion King to Fantastic Mr.Fox, there are many movies, comics, shows and games depicting anthropomorphic characters!

As for possessing skills to draw your fursona:
We have the Art Board with Art For Trade/Sale/Free, so you can look if anyone is open for (free) slots to draw your character ^_^
You can also post a request in the Requests board.
Or you can do both, either works :) We usually have a few artists on these forums who are busy with drawings, so don't be afraid to drop a message there!

I would say as for tips?
Just be friendly and kind :P I see you already are, and you made quite a nice introduction.

If you have any more questions, or just would like to talk, feel free to message me ^-^
Take care :3
I like to watch really any type of anime, but I prefer horror/psychological/fantasy. But haven't watched any recently. I was watching Hunter X Hunter and Chibi Vampire / Karin.

My favorite type of music is alternative or rock. One of my favorite songs is Pearl Jam - Jeremy.

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 11:28:28 AM »
I like to watch really any type of anime, but I prefer horror/psychological/fantasy. But haven't watched any recently. I was watching Hunter X Hunter and Chibi Vampire / Karin.

My favorite type of music is alternative or rock. One of my favorite songs is Pearl Jam - Jeremy.

I'm not sure then if you'd like this anime, but have you ever heard or seen Hellsing Ultimate? o3o I would suggest you take a look into it. It's horror/action, I suppose the genre would be. It has a unique art style, and the storyline itself I quite enjoyed :)

Listened to the piece (Pearl Jam - Jeremy), quite interesting ^_^
Like the music style, you have good taste :P

• Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline VoodooMax

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Orange and White
  • Height: 5 Feet 11 Inches
  • Weight: 130 pounds
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2016, 02:37:53 AM »
Hello Creepy, I'm VoodooMax and welcome to the forums. If you would like to talk or become friends just ask.