The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Scheduled Restart Problems  (Read 1137 times)

Offline Kara

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • "That's what's up."
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Coywolfdog
  • Coloring: Shades of gray with other colors mixed in
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 195lbs
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Wheeeee
Scheduled Restart Problems
« on: November 30, 2016, 10:43:18 PM »
Recently my computer (Windows 10) has been doing daily scheduled restarts when I'm in the middle of drawing/chatting/gaming etc and will not let me say no.
I went to settings to change it, and there is an option, but it won't let me use it. So I'm stuck with 3-4 hour updates every single day, and I can barely talk to my online friends because of it. I need a fix asap or I'm throwing my comp out the window.  T_T
Welcome, Child, To the wishing well. You ask for heaven, we give you hell.

---
I do commissions on dA! throw a PM at me if you're interested!

guest22811

Re: Scheduled Restart Problems
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 11:21:39 AM »
Having a similar problem, however it's a shutdown and happens every 20 minutes or so  D:

Hope u find a solution!

Offline SuperShermanTanker

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Currently tinkering with a PC or playing video games
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 05:00:34 AM »
Windows does wierd things like that and windows 10 tends to be a bit wierd at times everyone I know who bought a computer with windows 10 or has updated to windows 10 always tell me about the annoying updates and restarting but I have never seen it do full out daily scheduled restarts and block you from changing the setting. If it was my PC I would usually just reinstall Windows and for me being someone who builds and repairs PCs I am able to to that fairly easily but it's a bit of a hill to climb for new people to doing it since there is a lot of steps and takes a while to do.
Current PC Builds:
Mini PC: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/8w7WGX
BIG PC: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/xQGG3C
Premade Partlists (Feel free to use these to help with a PC build):
$520 USD Overclockable, may need bios update: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/SuperM4Tanker/saved/72B3FT
$520 Non overclockable, pre updated bios: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/SuperM4Tanker/saved/NpFkTW

Offline VoodooMax

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Orange and White
  • Height: 5 Feet 11 Inches
  • Weight: 130 pounds
  • Build: Slender
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 07:16:42 PM »
Hello, if you wan't to postpone Windows 10 updates the only way (to my knowledge) is to change the times at which the updates are delivered. You can complete this by the directions listed below:

Click (or press) the Windows key
Click on the "Settings" option indicated by the gear or cog symbol
Within the "Settings" menu click on the "Update & security" option
When the new window opens, click on the "Windows Update" option (this option should be open by default)
Under the "Update settings" list click on "Change active hours"
All you have to do next is set the "Start time" at which you use you PC and set the "End time" at which you are finished using your PC. Windows 10 will not update or restart your PC during those times (make sure to "Save" you changes or else Windows 10 will not apply your settings, however when Windows 10 updates, the settings revert back to their defaults so be sure to change them every time Windows 10 updates.

I hope this works for you