Author Topic: Furs with medical problems?  (Read 3872 times)

Offline Jenac Azaela

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • If I am pretty, you are gorgeous~
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic fox
  • Coloring: White fur, icy blue eyes
  • Height: 175 cm
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Holla holla get dollar
Re: Furs with medical problems?
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2016, 06:27:45 AM »
I've got Charcot Marie Tooth's. Basically, I have a serious lack of myelin, the neural coating that speeds up impulses. For me it results in reduced balance and limited stamina.

Also, I have a problem with envy. I can't let it go if someone has or has done something I want (to).

Offline Brigand

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/Coyote
  • Height: 186cm
  • Weight: 85kg
  • Build: Slim/slightly muscular
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2016, 10:04:48 PM »
Sudden and sometimes long attacks of coughing. The warmer I get the more likely it'll end up with coughing. It's not really disabling in any way, but it can be annoying sometimes. I don't know why being even slightly overheated causes it, sometimes it just happens out of nowhere even if temperature is OK.
This might be caused by smoking, and that's one of the reasons why smoking sucks.

I also have arachnophobia, which is a huge problem during the summer. It feels like a battle for survival when I see a big spider on my wall. I live alone so there's nobody to take care of it for me. Sorry all the spider furries out there, but I'm too scared to throw them out.
It's English dictionary time. Oh yes, now I know why knowledge IS power.
It may sound really weird, but arachnophobia can be fun. Horror movies don't scare me at all, but one quick search for "spider australia" on the internet and I'm on a NOPE train straight to NOPEville.

Offline Fable

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Lil' Leo
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Leopard Gecko and Striped Hyena
  • Coloring: amethyst purple with black
  • Height: 12 inches long from nose to tail tip. Standing height about 9 inches
  • Build: slender and wiry
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: I'm back for a while
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2016, 10:17:49 PM »
I also have arachnophobia, which is a huge problem during the summer. It feels like a battle for survival when I see a big spider on my wall. I live alone so there's nobody to take care of it for me.

I have a huge fear of bees bordering on phobic and i feel the same about summer. the minute its warm out they are everywhere!!!
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
-Edgar Allan Poe
My life flashed before my eyes! it was really boring...
-chicken run
Blood may be thicker than water but that just makes it easier to drown in.
-iLL WiLL PrEss

Offline Brigand

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/Coyote
  • Height: 186cm
  • Weight: 85kg
  • Build: Slim/slightly muscular
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2016, 10:48:00 PM »
I have a huge fear of bees bordering on phobic and i feel the same about summer. the minute its warm out they are everywhere!!!
Bug spray is a must-have during summer. I feel kind of uneasy when there's a bee in my house, I understand that. There are also hornets here where I live and I'm afraid of them too. That's a massive problem, they're harder to smack than spiders and they can be really aggressive.

But stay strong, grab a book and educate the living crap out of them.

Offline White Mage

• Avid Aardvark
  • Nice seeing you today!
    • Awards
  • Species: Token Human
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2016, 11:20:12 PM »
Aww no, bugs, and spiders are all important parts of the ecosystem! I'm scared of stinging things (WASSPPPS), but I think I've only killed them when they were in my house.
----------

Nothing currently ailing me. I'm very prone to sinus infections.

I've already had one this winter, and I'll probably get another before Spring comes.
I'm at the borderline of my faith,
I'm at the hinterland of my devotion
In the front line of this battle of mine
But I'm still alive... I'm the soldier of love

-Sade

Offline Jenac Azaela

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2016, 04:09:45 PM »
I don't really consider myself afraid per say, but I am uneasy around wasps because I was stung by one a couple of years ago. (BLEEP)er sat on my shoulder when I tilted my head to the side.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2017, 07:24:21 AM »
I'm also pretty terrified of bees where it used to cause problems, but I've sort of grown out of an intense fear and now just have a "If there's a flying bug that can hurt me I'm going to walk away from it"
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Ræfóa Aldrnari

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Most Online
  • Earlier known as Ulvus Lumia
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Brown fox
  • Coloring: Brown, dark brown, grey, beige
  • Height: 1m 73cm (5'8")
  • Weight: 53 kg. (117 lb.)
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: *Browsing memes*
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2017, 08:33:15 AM »
If we're still talking about fears, I have thalassophobia. It's not something I've been diagnosed with, but I don't know if you can be diagnosed with it anyways. Now, what is it? It's the fear of the sea and other large bodies of water. It makes me stay ashore everytime I'm on the beach (though, I swim in swimming pools just fine).
But at the same time, I'm really interested in the ocean. I love listening to all of those mysteries going on in it, and terrifying creatures from it. But only from a distance. (That means only from videos. No first hand experience.)

Please check out my DeviantArt page!
I would greatly appreciate it.

Reference sheet by myself!

Offline kylethefox

• Dancing Dragon
  • Its been so long XD
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: fox
  • Coloring: classic fox colors
  • Height: 6.2
  • Weight: 130 (i am pretty skinny!)
  • Build: small muscles (but i know martial arts!)
  • Currently: bored, im free to talk about anything!! (seriously anything!!)
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2017, 06:45:29 PM »
wow, i feel so sorry for all you guys, and for those who can, i hope you all get better! i use to major medical problems but they eventually faded, i hope and pray your lives get easyer and more comfortable, if you ever need someone to talk to, or someone to yell at (for stress reasons) ill be there! just send mea pm!

Offline Jenac Azaela

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2017, 08:00:31 PM »
I do have a bit of scoliosis myself.
Also I consider adopting to stop my aforementioned CMT from spreading. It's not horrible, but it is a setback I'd rather not put on my child (if I ever have any).

Offline Calun the Bat

• Chatty Cheetah
  • But Nobody Came
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Spectacled Flying Fox
  • Coloring: dark brown main, sandy/gold secondary, assorted blues. Black/maroon eyes.
  • Height: 6' 00"
  • Weight: 185
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2017, 01:01:36 AM »
I'm annoyed at mine. I have pretty severe social anxiety, and a frustrating recurring depression.

Physically, and really annoying, is a persistent stomach issue. It hit my around 2007, and WRECKED my intestinal system. The doctors honestly had no idea what the cause was. It wasn't anything that was causing lasting damage, so they just gave me stronger meds. After a while it settled down a bit (maybe 1 1/2 to 2 years of it being a biiiig pain). Even since that time frame when it cooled down, it's stuck around, but has been more cooperative.

To this day the two or three doctors I've seen still don't know what it is, so I stopped going to the doctor when it acts up. I've been sticking to the over the counter treatments they instructed/suggested, though I try to avoid even those. It makes travel these days VERY annoying, but it's at least manageable.
"The world is what you make of it, sir! If it doesn't fit, you make alterations."

Offline ~Nova~

• Vibrating Furby
  • Your least favourite Coyote meme-boi
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Coyote
  • Coloring: Greyish blue, royal blue accents, black hair
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: Frantically busy
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2017, 10:06:48 AM »

I'm a case and a half - grab some snacks, sit down, and enjoy the ride:

I was born with a birth defect known as a cleft palate. It's basically when the roof of your mouth (or palate) never forms (google it.) I got it stitched up at 6 months old and again at 5 years old.

The cleft palate meant my speech and eating were severely affected. I was fed milk from a bottle with a very special nipple as I was unable to suck. I was fed for a minute at a time constantly throughout the day and never drank much. It got easier when I started solids but even that would become hard for me in later years; my upper 'jaw' never grew with the rest of my head as it had no natural bone-stitching, meaning my upper set of teeth were completely unaligned with my bottom set and I couldn't chew properly until I got braces a year ago.
I went to a speech therapist from since I started speaking until I was 8. My doctor told me at age 14 that I was the quickest and best recovery from CP he's ever seen in his career. I'm lucky.

I was often frustrated as a small child when people asked me to repeat myself over and over. To me, I sounded fine, but my words never really made sense. I couldn't say any sound that required my tongue to touch my palate.
My frustration led way to me being an irritable child; a thing that was only made worse by the fact that I'm on the Autism spectrum (diagnosed at 4) which was much more severe when I was younger. I'm still affecting by it, of course, but I'm so much better at handling it.

When I was in 6th grade and getting out of my bus seat at my stop, the bus suddenly jerked a bit as the driver put the handbrake on, wobbling me enough that I fell backwards onto the metal step leading to the back seat. My butt hurt but that was about it...until I tried to get out of my desk chair a couple of hours later and fell straight to the ground. Turns out I hairline-fractured my tailbone as well as pushing my spine a centimetre up. I'm okay but I have trouble sitting down and have to shift a lot to avoid pain.
My knees are also screwed from chemicals in Pepsi Max deteriorating my joints. Goes to show that you never know what might affect you negatively, especially in the case of 'diet' products.

Due to Autism I also suffer from audio processing issues. In short, it is the inability to process the meaning of the sounds I hear. We attach meaning to sound with reference to more than just the auditory signals. I have difficulty associating sounds with written language; have problems recognising sounds and therefore decoding words or messages; have difficulty in organising auditory information to effectively decode the meaning of a given message, often as a result of one of the above two problems; often speak in a monotone, without rhythm or intonation, and have a hard time perceiving these subtleties in other speakers (like sarcasm and emotion); and am unnerved by background noise and loud noises, meaning I often cannot follow what other people are saying if present in a chatty place like a party or classroom.

On top of this I've had a horrid home life filled with emotional and mental trauma which has shut me off from trusting people and resulted in me having major anxiety of both social and general.

Sorry if I just put a super downer on your day...but there it is. And I didn't even mention that I'm blind as a bat and have the depth perception of a one-eyed person.
  • Avatar by: Lineart © dashfuzzietail - FA.NET
Artist // Gamer // Nerd
You can talk to me on my Twitter: @AlienWithABox

Offline Espen

• Boisterous Bear
  • Hiya everyone! I'm Espen, or Espy for short!
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Fennec Hybrid
  • Coloring: Light beige and lavender. Lavender, green, and light blue spots. Lavender hair and ear tips. Light green inside of ears.
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 110lbs
  • Build: Slim and athletic
  • Currently: Dancing the night away
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2017, 12:52:30 AM »
Hey everyone! So I wasn't originally planning on posting in here but after meeting a few really special furs I feel more comfortable about it.

Similar to Fable, I have spinal muscular atrophy. I'm currently not affected too much by it, I just tire out a little easier than others. But over time my muscles will deteriorate more and I'll get weaker and weaker until I'm unable to do much. I got tested for it a few years back, around halfway through my senior year of high school, so I'm still struggling with accepting it.

Until I got on here and started talking to Fable after I saw his post, I never thought I'd meet anyone who understood what I was feeling. So thank you again so much for sharing that, it really means the world to me.

I'm also always here if anyone ever needs to talk or vent or really anything. Love you all!  ^_^

Offline Mr.FooxKarma

• Avid Aardvark
  • I'm a Foox! I don't have raccoon identity crisis!
    • Awards
  • Species: Foox Fox/Raccoon Hybrid
  • Coloring: Light Orange, Dark Orange, Black, light Green, Brown
  • Height: 6ft
  • Weight: 116
  • Build: Thin, slender, almost anorexic ( Like IRL )
  • Currently: Happy, apathetic, loving, lazy, goofy. Always will baby!
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2017, 03:05:46 AM »

I'm a case and a half - grab some snacks, sit down, and enjoy the ride:

I was born with a birth defect known as a cleft palate. It's basically when the roof of your mouth (or palate) never forms (google it.) I got it stitched up at 6 months old and again at 5 years old.

The cleft palate meant my speech and eating were severely affected. I was fed milk from a bottle with a very special nipple as I was unable to suck. I was fed for a minute at a time constantly throughout the day and never drank much. It got easier when I started solids but even that would become hard for me in later years; my upper 'jaw' never grew with the rest of my head as it had no natural bone-stitching, meaning my upper set of teeth were completely unaligned with my bottom set and I couldn't chew properly until I got braces a year ago.
I went to a speech therapist from since I started speaking until I was 8. My doctor told me at age 14 that I was the quickest and best recovery from CP he's ever seen in his career. I'm lucky.

I was often frustrated as a small child when people asked me to repeat myself over and over. To me, I sounded fine, but my words never really made sense. I couldn't say any sound that required my tongue to touch my palate.
My frustration led way to me being an irritable child; a thing that was only made worse by the fact that I'm on the Autism spectrum (diagnosed at 4) which was much more severe when I was younger. I'm still affecting by it, of course, but I'm so much better at handling it.

When I was in 6th grade and getting out of my bus seat at my stop, the bus suddenly jerked a bit as the driver put the handbrake on, wobbling me enough that I fell backwards onto the metal step leading to the back seat. My butt hurt but that was about it...until I tried to get out of my desk chair a couple of hours later and fell straight to the ground. Turns out I hairline-fractured my tailbone as well as pushing my spine a centimetre up. I'm okay but I have trouble sitting down and have to shift a lot to avoid pain.
My knees are also screwed from chemicals in Pepsi Max deteriorating my joints. Goes to show that you never know what might affect you negatively, especially in the case of 'diet' products.

Due to Autism I also suffer from audio processing issues. In short, it is the inability to process the meaning of the sounds I hear. We attach meaning to sound with reference to more than just the auditory signals. I have difficulty associating sounds with written language; have problems recognising sounds and therefore decoding words or messages; have difficulty in organising auditory information to effectively decode the meaning of a given message, often as a result of one of the above two problems; often speak in a monotone, without rhythm or intonation, and have a hard time perceiving these subtleties in other speakers (like sarcasm and emotion); and am unnerved by background noise and loud noises, meaning I often cannot follow what other people are saying if present in a chatty place like a party or classroom.

On top of this I've had a horrid home life filled with emotional and mental trauma which has shut me off from trusting people and resulted in me having major anxiety of both social and general.

Sorry if I just put a super downer on your day...but there it is. And I didn't even mention that I'm blind as a bat and have the depth perception of a one-eyed person.

Damn.... Nova that puts the u in sucks. ;3; you weren't a downer...thanks for sharing! I really appreciate your input actually and I'm honestly glad I made this thread...it shows that not everyone is a young healthy adult, people have problems and no problem is one in the same...no matter how little or how sever someone's problems are, they're all important! Thank you so much and I really do hope you manage better then most. ^w^
The duty of youth is to challenge corruption. - Kurt Cobain