The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Re: Oh! What A Lovely War! (Lounge/Relax/Social RP)  (Read 2113 times)

Offline [INACTIVE]

Re: Oh! What A Lovely War! (Lounge/Relax/Social RP)
« on: November 27, 2016, 06:03:32 AM »
Story
---------

Welcome to a small village near the Somme River, the year? April 14th 1916, the height of the first World War. Life is normal, well... As normal as it gets in war torn France. Many buildings have been destroyed but it's all still there. Many cafes, library's and other various necessities for living are still standing.

Rules
---------

*No powers at all
*No godmodding at all
*The year is 1916, it's a much more simply time, so no electronics or other various things like that
*Romance is 100% allowed, it is France of course
*Violence is 100% allowed, just keep it PG-13.
*Ferals, Anthros, Humans ANYTHING is allowed.

Templates
-----------------

Name:
Species:
Clothing:
Nationality:
Bio: (Not required)
Extra: (Not required)

« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 07:44:53 AM by MetalGearStowe »

Offline kiindling

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • call me kindle x
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Placebo
  • Coloring: Grey, white n flamey
  • Height: Smol
  • Weight: idk rude
  • Build: idk, I guess athletic?
  • Currently: waiting for next Christmas
Re: Oh! It's A Lovely War *Remake* (Lounge RP)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 09:49:59 PM »
Oooh, I've never done a war based RP before, but it looks fun, so let me at it ;^)

Name: Private Adrian Longham
Species: Human
Description: Adrian is slightly taller than your average man, but not by much. He's quite thin, and his facial features are very angular, with his cheekbones appearing to be very prominent. He has slightly wavy, mostly messy blonde hair, which is left long as a fringe that sweeps over the left side of his head, whilst the sides are cut down shorter. He has piercing green eyes which are also quite narrow. Has a tiny scar running across the right side of his lips, but apart from that, doesn't have any other visable marks of battle on him.
Clothing: http://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/834/media/images/76580000/jpg/_76580751_cooksey1.jpg idk, like this very significant guy, minus the bike. I'll draw Adrian soon, but I've gotta revise for exams tomorrow and ehhhh
Nationality: British
Bio: Used to live in London, but joined the army and winded his way up in the Somme. He is very sociable and is always likes to laugh. He is still quite young and can be immature at times, but tries his hardest to be a good soldier, determined to move up a rank one day in the future. He is also quite flirtatous around women, and can also be incredibly sarcastic if he puts his mind to it.

Extra: His ukelele is the love of his life, but he was seperated from it when he joined the army. Fortunately, a kind man on their travels through France offered him a deal for one, and has carried it around since. He knows a variety of songs, which he plays to keep morale up. Also can identify a large host of birds.

Name: Sailor Belrose
Species: Sheep anthro (stick my fursona in, why not)
Description: Sailor is quite petite and slim. Her wool is centered around her neck and legs, and her tail is at full length, almost touching the floor. She is mainly creamy white in colour, with light brown dapples running up the bridge of her nose, and around her heels and wrists. Her hair is wavy and at shoulder length, and is also a rich hazelnut colour, slightly lighter and blonde-looking at the bottom. Her eyes are a green/brown and are quite wide, giving her quite a excited and curious look. (She's young and pretty. Throw the dudes at her boiz ;^) this french lambkin loves attention yo)
Clothing: http://www.ww1propaganda.com/sites/default/files/3f03984u-1892.jpg?1311652990 a bit like this, without the massive hat and chain, haha. Again, I will draw her -u-
Nationality: French
Bio: Sailor was brought up in the Somme her whole life. Her mother passed away when she was 11 due to a deadly infection, leaving just her and her father. They stayed together for 6 years after this, before he was called away to join the army. She was left to run her father's bakery, which they used to work in together, but now does single handedly. She is very pleased with life, and somewhat marvels and admires the soldiers that pass through the town. She is also very gulible, and can be tricked very easily. This also appears to make her seem very innocent too.
Extras: In her spare time, she learned English, visiting a person in her town who was fluent in it, and reading English books. Although she is not entirely competent in speaking it, she knows a lot more than her fellow villagers, and is often relied upon to deal with translation with English soldiers. She also allows small groups of passing troops to use her house for the night if needed, as she has plenty of spare rooms, and it was her father's wish. Despite her name being Sailor, she has a extreme phobia of boats and open water.

Woah. That was long. Oh well, the more the better ^^

It was early morning. Small birds flew across the red skies, calling at the dawn. It was at this sort of time that required Sailor to wake up and start preparing the bakery for buisness. She had all the bread prepared for cooking; she just needed to get it in the oven and then on display before the rest if the village came to life. She stretched out in her bed, blinking her eyes drowzily, before sliding out and slipping into her work clothes. Forcing herself to wake up, she trotted down the wooden stairs and ran into the bakery, situated on the bottom floor. She set about baking the bread, briskly tying her apron up and getting to work. It still took a bite out of her, this schedule. Sure, her father had been gone for a couple of years now, but she had been in no way prepared to start running his bakery by herself. She got her own schedule up and running in the end, but she was young, and such things took their toll. A couple of hours later, she had all the bread ready for sale. Putting it out on display, she smiled to herself. There was news that a troop of soldiers was passing through the village today. She was fascinated by them- even if they did bring death and destruction wherever they went. Sighibg, she glampsed up through the window she was putting a basket if rolls behind. Rubble from a small building could be seen not so far away, and it brought back memories of how the explosion had scared her. Luckily, not that many buildings had been damaged that time. Bleating to herself, she shook her head, before unlocking the door to the bakery, returning behind her counter, tying her hair up in a messy bun and waiting for her first customer of the day.

Sorry if this wasn't meant to be an advanced rp. Iblike detail, but it's fine if you wanna go short ^^
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 10:35:27 PM by Sailor~⚓ »

Offline [INACTIVE]

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 03:35:22 AM »
THe news of the troops entering the town were true. In the distance a large formation of British soldier's could be seen. They all marched In synch their rifles clean and in perfect condition. In front of them was Henry he sang with a smile on his face while the other troops sang along.

"Pack up your troubles in your old kit bag and smile! Smile! Smile! While you've a lucifer to light your fag! Smile, boys that's the style! What's the use of worrying? It never was worth wiled! So pack up your troubles in your old kit bag and smile! Smile! Smile!"

Offline kiindling

• Dancing Dragon
  • call me kindle x
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 07:07:50 AM »
Adrian cheerfully joined in, singing the song that he had come to know so well. Singing always made him feel better- it made everyone happier, as a matter of fact. Soon enough, sight of a town came into view, and he couldn't help but grin broadly to himself. Passing through towns was the greatest, he thought. There were so many people to meet, and do much to do. He shrugged his rifle back over his shoulder, as it was falling down slightly, and continued to march after Henry, in sync with everyone else.

Offline [INACTIVE]

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 10:14:01 PM »
As the group reached the end of the town. They all stopped along with Henry. In front of them was a rather large library, three men came out of it, all of them In Officer uniforms. Henry saluted them, one of them gestured him to lower his hand, Henry did so. "You must be Sergeant Henry." Henry nodded, "Right I am. You're the Lieutenant I suppose?" The one who spoke to Henry nodded. "You're battalion will be stationed near the bridge up north. Before you head out take a rest in town." Henry nodded and turned around at the troops, "Right lads, get into the library and find your bunks. Then explore the town a bit. I'll give some of you patrol route's."

Offline kiindling

• Dancing Dragon
  • call me kindle x
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 11:09:38 AM »
Adrian nodded briskly along with the other men. A bit of rest in this town would relieve everyone from the stresses and terror of being out on the battlefield, even if it was just for a day. He walked into the library with everyone else and set to work finding his bunk. A decent sheltered place to sleep as well- they really were lucky.

Sailor watched the soldiers eagerly from the bakery window. The regulars had popped in and out in the last hour or so, but now she he had no customers to serve, so she was free to gaze in awe at them. Some would probably drop by as well, and tell her their stores of the battlefield, and she would be able to test her English. They were all unique and brought their own tales with them, brightening up her life just that little bit more. And, they were here to protect her village, and she was thankful for that.

Offline kiindling

• Dancing Dragon
  • call me kindle x
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 08:22:58 PM »
{Bumpie lump}

Offline [INACTIVE]

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2017, 07:32:24 AM »
RESTARTING EVERYTHING. YOUR CHARACTERS WILL STAY THERE BUT WE ARE JUST STARTING OVER.

Name: Oswald Stowe
Description: Brown short comb-over. Brown mustache. Hazel eyes.
Clothing: British Officers Uniform
Nationality: English
Bio: Born in Liverpool, England. Oswald was a social boy and normally would make friends with everyone. After school, he joined the army and participated in the Anglo-Zulu War and grew to the rank of Sergeant. Then The Great War began and he quickly joined was sent to France after the Battle of Mons. He now is a Lieutenant.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 07:46:40 AM by MetalGearStowe »

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • A true gentleman fights to protect
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Western Feral Dragon
  • Coloring: Black body,wings(underside is red), Red underbelly, silver-ish Spikes along spine
  • Height: 6' 12''
  • Weight: 217
  • Build: Muscular
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2017, 01:21:33 PM »
Name: Angel
Species: Celestial Dragon
Description: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/22345256/
Clothing:A largely torn and dirtied white dressNationality: Canadian
Bio: At some point, Angel's family, wealthy like no other, had come over seas and stayed in a secluded area, not knowing how close they were to the war, but they soon found out as their house was raided and her parents killed.  Angel was taken away to a bunker where they did experiments on her, but once she stopped... well, doing anything besides being quiet and living, they threw her out and she wandered, staying away from loud noises with a scared look on her face.
Extra: Despite there being no powers and such, I ask that Angel can still have swirling stars on her belly and the hue of her starred parts reflecting her emotions. 

« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 01:24:52 PM by Razuel »

^ Is really happy, and spreads positivity around the forums and even the world. This person is a really cool and friendly person, and really deserves everything life has to offer. This person is how everyone should be like. When I grow up, I want to be just like Razuel

Offline [INACTIVE]

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2017, 12:28:24 AM »
Rain gently fell to the ground, red poppy's danced majestically over the hill side as artillery could be heard crashing in the distance. Soldiers dressed in dark blue uniforms slowly made their way into the town, the Kaisers army was destroying everything in it's path, French, Belgian, and British forces were dropping left and right. If the tides didn't change in the favor of the Entente powers... The fate of France and Europe would change forever.

"Arise children of the nation, to arms citizens. Listen to the sounds in the fields. the howling of these fearsome soldiers... Ils Ne Passeront Pas!" The French commander spoke to a large crowd of citizens in the town square, the French soldiers could be seen coming over the hill of poppy's, their weapons looked broken along with their spirits.

Coming from the complete opposite side of the town, were the British. Their soldiers all marched side by side. Weapons raised high, the Union Jack was flying high along with them.

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Black body,wings(underside is red), Red underbelly, silver-ish Spikes along spine
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2017, 03:51:44 AM »
At night, soldiers would have sworn to have seen a girl's ghost wandering the battle fields due to the mist that came off her and how quiet she moved, but one day, she vanished.

A few days after, this girl had arrived in a town, one that was in the path of the kaisers, and nonetheless inside a random woman's house.   The woman ran out of her house, exclaiming in french 'Ghost ghost!', until she came up to the british soldiers walking past, grabbing onto one of their uniforms and butchering her english to basically be asking for help as there was a ghost in her house.

If the soldier did not believe her, a small flicker of turquoise light would glow in and out of a top floor window.

Angel had found her way into a bed in the top floor after days of walking aimlessly.   Her body had become rather thin, but somehow, she still kept her beauty, her face did not shrivel and boneify like an elderly's, her form just became a bit more slender.   She was slowly developing a fever as she slept in the top floor bed, her trauma from seeing her parents die flashing through her mind and blocking out and other information she knew.

^ Is really happy, and spreads positivity around the forums and even the world. This person is a really cool and friendly person, and really deserves everything life has to offer. This person is how everyone should be like. When I grow up, I want to be just like Razuel

Offline [INACTIVE]

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2017, 04:45:42 AM »
The soldier looked up at the window and nodded, "Don't worry, I'll check it out." He followed the girl into her home

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2017, 06:45:24 AM »
The woman led her up to the top floor, not opening the door as she made Christian symbols as if blessing the soldier before entering the room.

Angel still laid on the bed inside the room, herself shortly contraction a fever.

Offline [INACTIVE]

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2017, 07:01:31 AM »
The soldier opened the door slowly, he looked at the Angel and mumbled, "Hello?" He slowly entered the room, moving towards Angel, "Hello?"

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2017, 10:48:28 AM »
Angel groaned, her hands idly moving over her belly, "Hurrrtt...."