The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: FTL, the fall of the Federation  (Read 6134 times)

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
Re: FTL, the fall of the Federation
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2016, 05:42:57 PM »
Grunan moves to the front of Medbay, there were no windows, but she knew she was at the front of the ship. A strange design feature, Usually in human ships the Medbay was in the middle, occasionally at the back.
Grunan stops to feel for the rest of the crew, identifying the two mantis crew-members immediately, the human, and then the crystal... and then an Engi. Odd, she did not remember an Engi coming aboard.

With nothing better to do, she moves into the lab, puts on a science lab suit (Virtually a full body hazmat suit by human standards), and sets about examining the lab, seeing what equipment was in present, and also getting ready to do some experiments of her own. She never turns down an opportunity to do some research.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 06:58:17 PM by Angder »
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2016, 08:21:47 PM »
Jevi saw Dave head to the shield room earlier, so he figured he had it covered. He decided to take a little time to get the feel of all the rooms. There was far more space than his old ship. It barely had separate rooms, but this ship had rooms leading to rooms. Looked awesome, though it did seem a little inefficient. He supposed there were meant to be more crew members in it if the Federation had more to spare... Well, it wasn't an official Federation ship, was it? He swore he saw a pirate-logo-thing slapped all over it. So, it was a converted pirate ship. That made more sense.

Offline Kromas Ndorai

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • "マッキントッシュプラス"
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Thought Errant
  • Currently: Bringing the A E S T H E T I C
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2016, 07:11:32 PM »
I best go get changed into some more... appropriate attire.

Moving somewhat quickly, Enjuta made his way to his locker, giving it a quick glance over. Nothing special, like he had come to suspect. He took out the clothing provided, whilst shutting the locker and moving over to the toilet. He was careful not to be as... brash, this time. He got changed, only smashing his head on the metallic walling once, grunting a little. He then made his way back to his post, not taking any time to seek out or speak to anyone else. He didn't feel like talking- he could understand the common language just fine, but speaking it was a challenge at best.

He sat back down, fairly relaxed, as it was just him in the room. Being supervised made his self-conscious. Luckily, it didn't seem like that was going to be an issue here.
The UK economy is composed of
several multi-billion dollar industries;
                  poetry isn't one of them
  - aesthetic bailout by Johnny Noiπ

Do you dare defy the Prince's rule?

Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2016, 07:38:19 PM »
Wilson just stayed quiet as he did his job, making sure everything is fine with the ship and it's systems as he made the preparations to FTL jump. This processes took a few seconds and then all he had to do was wait until the jump drive was charged up fully before setting it on it's course.

Offline Mesmero

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Engi
  • Currently: Everything in the world is either a potato or not a potato.
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2016, 04:50:29 PM »
Dave activates the shields and sets about patrolling the ship in search of anything in need of repair.
  • Avatar by: Official Engi artwork from the FTL Kickstarter page.

Offline Oedipus Rex

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Here we go again.
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Mantis
  • Coloring: 50 shades of Light Green.
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 250lbs
  • Build: Solid.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Fixed my steam profile link after 3 years, lel.
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2016, 02:59:18 AM »
A high pitch whir filled the engine bay as the FTL drive spooled up. Lightning crackled from the drive as the noise only grew in intensity. Those looking on from the station would see a field of crackling energy surround the cruiser. Suddenly the ship appears to vanish as it is accelerated to speeds well beyond the speed of light before sharply decelerating back to a halt all in the space of about 10 seconds. Normally such G-Forces would turn any living thing inside the ship to mush, but thankfully ships of this age were fitted with certain preventative measures to help the crew. This didn't stop you from feeling anything, however. During their first FTL flight it's common for most people to lose their lunch as it feels like their heart and their stomach swap places.

As quickly as everything began it stopped, only this time they were countless lightyears away from their starting point. A quick scan of the new surroundings reports nothing to be found except the blackness of space and a small, beeping beacon that helps to guide people on their FTL jumps.

"Alright Pilot," Xyla told the human "Go ahead and get us going again. Just a few more jumps till we get where we're going."
  • Avatar by: FrankLemonHeart (Thanks)
  • Signature art by: Some forum quiz thing and some individual.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2016, 05:08:29 AM »
Jevi was used to FTL jumps but caught off-guard this time. He lurched sideways on his way into the Medbay with an initial surprised "hyugh" sound and instinctively gripped onto the doorway. He stayed there motionless for the brief duration of the jump.
"Wooh, didn't expect that one," he chuckled while stroking his stomach with his free hand. Surely more were coming up, but now he was ready.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2016, 11:45:54 PM »
Grunan lurches with the rest of the crew, She felt a little ill, but the shattering of a glass test-tube she was previously carrying was honestly more concerning for her, this time it was her own fault at least. She turns at the sound of someone entering the medbay. "Jevi I assume." She states. Carefully moving out of the lab. "How can I help you? Wait? let me guess..." Grunan pauses for a moment, as if concentrating. "no, I can't prevent jump-sickness. Its one of those things you have to just get used to." Grunan looks straight at Jevi, waiting for a response.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 11:50:10 PM by Angder »

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2016, 12:01:29 AM »
Jevi shook his head, "Oh, no, I'm fine," he assured, letting go of the doorway. "Wanted to get a feel of the ship. Just wasn't prepared for that jump, hah."
He stepped over and swept up the shattered test tube -- or rather, slid all the glass shards into his palm without a care. "I'll take care of this..."

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2016, 12:17:10 AM »
"It was empty." Grunan states. "It was no great loss." Grunan watches as Jevi effortlessly swept up the shattered remains. Pretty standard practice for Rockmen, so a Crystal doing it was not suprising. "I must admit, it was unwise of me to be setting out the science lab before the first jump, our pilot seems all too eager to cause each and every one of us to die in a flaming ball even without going faster than light. A set of sharp jumps is to be expected." Grunan looks back, in the rough direction of DAVE, who she could sense through the walls of the ship. "Who is the Engi? I don't remember seeing one outside."

In truth, back on the station, Grunan would have kicked Jevi out. She was not ill so she had no business being here. Here on the ship though pissing off any of the other crew would probably end poorly, so it was better to just tolerate Jevi, at least for now.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2016, 12:59:26 AM »
"That's DAVE, another engineer," Jevi replied. "I guess he was late."
The crystal disposed the shards into the glass bin. "Well, I'm not sick, so I'll leave you to your work," he stated while heading back out the door toward Dave.

That medic was an interesting one. The "matter of fact" type, with a tad unnerving vibe. He had seen a few slugs before, and they all were the latter, but never did he expect one as a medic. Throughout his travels across the universe, however, he long ago learned expectation was far from a rule.

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2016, 03:49:54 PM »
Wilson was used to FTL jumps, the feeling was so familiar. Was being the key word, if had actually eaten breakfast today he probably would have just lost it right then and there. He'd even gone a little pale. There was a reason he wanted to be a pilot and not a marine, after all. After a deep breath, he made note of the position of the beacon, waited but a moment and the ship jumped yet again. This time, he was a little more prepared for it and felt slightly less dizzy, so that was a win.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 03:55:52 PM by Grovygrunge »

Offline Kromas Ndorai

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • "マッキントッシュプラス"
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Thought Errant
  • Currently: Bringing the A E S T H E T I C
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2016, 02:53:52 PM »
As the jump commenced, Enjuta almost lost his seat, as he rocked, nigh falling over. It had been quite some time since he had last experienced a jump, and the impromptu announcement of it's occurrence did little to remind him of what actions to take. Of all the various things that occurred whilst upon a fighter such as this, making jumps was the worst. On multiple occasions before, he had gained a concussion from violently undue jumping. But, to him, it was part in parcel with the rest of the experience. There was always good to the bad.

After regaining his balance, he sat back in his chair, being ready for the next jump.
The UK economy is composed of
several multi-billion dollar industries;
                  poetry isn't one of them
  - aesthetic bailout by Johnny Noiπ

Do you dare defy the Prince's rule?

Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG

Offline Oedipus Rex

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Here we go again.
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Mantis
  • Coloring: 50 shades of Light Green.
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 250lbs
  • Build: Solid.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Fixed my steam profile link after 3 years, lel.
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2016, 12:08:34 PM »
The ships FTL spools up again and we jump to the next sector.

Upon arrival a skirmish seems to be going on. A small federation scout has come under attack by a much larger Rockman cruiser. Judging by the scorch marks across it's hull you can guess that it's probably not winning. A young, worried looking human in a sweat drenched federation uniform appears over the holocomm. "Please sirs! You've got to help us!" A fearsome looking rockman suddenly appears on the holocomm as well. "You. Pirate. No interfere. Will pay."

Xyla mutters a swear and looks over to the crew for their opinions on the matter. On the one hand they were duty bound to intervene, on the other the crew wasn't paid much before departing. Who knows when the next time they would get some spending cash would be.
  • Avatar by: FrankLemonHeart (Thanks)
  • Signature art by: Some forum quiz thing and some individual.

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2016, 06:51:14 PM »
With a sigh, Wilson looks between the two images on the holocomm and shrugged. Scratching at his neck a little as he was in thought before looking up to the mantis. "It's your call. I mean, technically our mission is to infiltrate the ranks of a pirate group, so it would possibly put our mission at risk to help out the feds. That's my opinion, anyway. Could even be the best to fire at them and help the rocks, but I wouldn't like to."