The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: FTL, the fall of the Federation  (Read 6135 times)

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
Re: FTL, the fall of the Federation
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2016, 06:48:15 PM »
Wilson made his way to the bridge of the ship and flopped down into the seat in front of the controls. He stared at the controls which seemed slightly odd and alien to him, not that it was surprising really, nor would it be too much of a problem. Sure, most pilots liked to leave most of the work to the auto-pilot if possible and just hit the occasional flashing button as long as they were just in basic travel but he liked to do everything manually, it gave him more time to understand the ship and it's controls, and less of a margin to make errors if and when things become serious. With that factored in, this vessel would be obeying his every command in no time.

After a couple more minutes looking over the many buttons and do dads, he remembered that he'd need to change to something less official and went to hop out of his seat and find his locker, it was then that he paused and realised he had not shaved or gotten a hair cut before arriving, and looked rather unkempt, not at all like a federation pilot. A smirk spread across his face as he felt that, given the mission, this was more of a blessing than anything, before continuing to search for the lockers.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2016, 07:26:45 PM »
Jevi hesitated before bellowing out to the crew, "System's set, ready for takeoff!"
That probably wasn't the proper Fed way to say it, but it did the job. He didn't really care at this time. The hype was too real. He was back in business, fixing up his new baby and keeping the galaxy safe. The crystal supposed he shouldn't get too attached to the ship -- it wasn't really his in the first place -- but something about it energized his being. It was far bigger and brutal than the tiny ship he was used to, but that only made it more exciting.

Offline Oedipus Rex

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Here we go again.
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Mantis
  • Coloring: 50 shades of Light Green.
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 250lbs
  • Build: Solid.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Fixed my steam profile link after 3 years, lel.
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2016, 01:57:23 PM »
Xyla guided the Engi to the engine bay, where he would be spending most of his time. "Crystal!" she called as she entered the engine room. "Looks like you managed to get yourself an assistant. Help it get settled in and bring it up to speed please." She nodded to Jevi before turning around and leaving.

After leaving the engine bay she took a quick stop by the crew quarters to get changed. As she entered she noticed the human pilot poking around. "Oh hey," she said, before moving over to the lockers in the room and opening the one with CAPTAIN written on it in bold orange letters. She took off the white and orange pieces of armor and replaced them with bright red versions. Several pieces of the armor had Jolly Rodgers on them, the same that were plastered on the ship's engines. Once she had finished she closed her locker and looked over at the pilot. "Once you're more comfortable meet me up on the bridge. We're due to warp out of here in 15 minutes. I've taken the liberty of punching a route to our destination into the ship's computer. You'll still have to pilot us out of the station and get us aligned, though."

With one final nod, she left and made her way up to the bridge.
  • Avatar by: FrankLemonHeart (Thanks)
  • Signature art by: Some forum quiz thing and some individual.

Offline Mesmero

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Engi
  • Currently: Everything in the world is either a potato or not a potato.
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2016, 02:19:16 PM »
scanning...
scan complete, searching database...
no files found for crystal...
new entry created...
new life form: crystal
individual designation: unknown
role: engineer
course of action: acquire data and assist

Dave walks up to the crystalline creature and outstretches an arm. "greetings, I am the digitally advanced vehicular engineer, but you can call me Dave. By what designation are you referred to as?"
  • Avatar by: Official Engi artwork from the FTL Kickstarter page.

Offline Kromas Ndorai

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • "マッキントッシュプラス"
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Thought Errant
  • Currently: Bringing the A E S T H E T I C
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2016, 08:54:01 PM »
The mantis decided to sit down for a bit. There was not much for him to do at the moment, and he didn't specifically feel like seeking out conversation. While he had been excited to get back into the fray, he knew that start ups and stops could sometimes take the longest times of all. So, after having a look around and finding a seat in the weapons bay, he sat down and waited, making odd garbled noises using his mandibles. It didn't mean anything- it was just to break the relative silence of the weapon bay.
The UK economy is composed of
several multi-billion dollar industries;
                  poetry isn't one of them
  - aesthetic bailout by Johnny Noiπ

Do you dare defy the Prince's rule?

Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2016, 11:05:22 PM »
The scruffy human was getting dressed himself, having found a locker labelled PILOT, as Xyla talked to him and prattled off about setting co-ordinates on the ship computer or some such other thing he was just going to ignore. He paused with his shirt halfway over his head for a moment. No he would pay attention to it, but he would let the ship's computer do all the work, that kind of stuff just breeds laziness, he'd had enough of being lazy for a lifetime.

He returned to getting dressed as his train of thought stopped and realized the captain had walked out of the room. With a casual shrug he brushed the clothes off, despite the fact they were perfectly clean, and made his way back to the bridge, meandering a little as he did, taking his time.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2016, 11:09:34 PM »
The Crystal happily shook the Engi's hand. "Designation-- Oh, right. Jevilite Hauynite. I go by Jevi," he replied. "Nice to me you, Dave."

Offline Mesmero

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2016, 11:26:28 PM »
updating information...
life form: crystal
individual designation:
Jevilite Hauynite
preferred designation: Jevi
role: engineer

"Okay I shall refer to you as Jevi".  A smiling face appears on Dave's screen

"jevi I too believe our meeting shall be mutually beneficial".  Dave looks around the engine room. "it would seem everything meets federation standards and that you have all systems functioning correctly, I shall go and inspect the shield room" . Dave begins to walk towards the south door but turns back before leaving,  "should you require my assistance please do not hesitate to ask for it is my duty to serve" .

Dave heads out of the engine room, through the crew quarters and into the shield room, he notes that once again all systems meet the required federation standards and begins making the necessary preparations to bring the shields online as soon as they have made the ftl jump.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 11:29:33 PM by Mesmero »

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2016, 12:18:58 AM »
"Sure, Thanks."
Jevi stepped out of the room as well, stopping at the lockers to throw on his new suit. Now he was feeling like a real professional. But after dressing a nagging anxiety began to brew. He was a professional. Professional. Could he even do professional? Did he even know what he was doing? Setting up the ship and FTL drive is nothing, but what about repairs in the heat of battle? What if he comes across something he's never tinkered with before and ruins it? With the whole crew depending on him? Surely Dave could pick up the slack, but...

Jevi exhaled, shrugged the thought from his mind, and placed his content smile back on as he stepped into the bridge.

Offline Mesmero

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2016, 01:29:04 PM »
Dave finalizes preparations and concludes that shields can be deployed as an when needed, he then uses the spare time before take off to fix his busted chronometer so that he inst late for anything else. Dave also ponders the thought that it may be a more efficient system to have a bridge where all the systems are operated from,not just one for piloting, and then have extra crew at the stations, Dave dismisses this thought as if this truly were a more efficient way of doing things then someone else would've already implemented it.  Dave presses the tannoy button on the console "shields are functioning above required standards captain and can be deployed at a moments notice captain"
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 01:33:38 PM by Mesmero »

Offline Oedipus Rex

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Here we go again.
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2016, 05:17:30 PM »
Xyla responded over the PA to engineering "Good work, once we leave the station I'll signal you to flip them on" She released the button on the console just as Wilson entered, followed shortly by Jevi. "Ah, good, you're here." she said, directed at the human. "Go ahead and get us out of this station if you please."

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2016, 06:01:57 PM »
Wilson stepped past the captain with a confidant nod and settled into his chair with a happy groan. The short amount of walking around had caused a small amount of strain in his legs, he should work out more. When he isn't flying the ship, that is. He cracked his knuckles, and wiggled his fingers before sitting forward and bringing the ship to life. It was a delicate process to get the ship off of the ground without hitting anyone or anything around it, yet he'd done it enough times for it to feel like second nature. Once that was done it was just a matter of slowly cruising out of the hangar and they were free of the station. "We're clear of the station as of riiiiiight... now."

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2016, 06:25:32 PM »
Grunan moves over to the PA system in the Medlab. "Excuse me, Xyla, I need to ask to briefly leave the ship to go get some cry~" At that moment, the engines started, and the ship began to move. Grunan audibly sighs over the PA "Some warning would have been nice. Nevermind." Annoyed, Grunan turns the PA off.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 10:32:50 PM by Angder »
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2016, 10:41:24 PM »
Wilson pressed his finger down onto the PA button on his console with a smirk. Promptly clearing his throat before speaking in a typical, clear, pilot's voice. "This is your pilot speaking. Just a heads up, we appear to have taken off. You may feel no turbulence what-so-ever as we're in a huge, featureless expanse, more akin to a void."

Offline Oedipus Rex

• Eager Elephant
  • Here we go again.
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2016, 02:51:59 AM »
"Alright human" Xyla said as she looked over a console displaying the ship's current status "Go ahead and FTL jump us to the next sector. I've plotted a course to where we're going in the ship's navigation computer, so you just have to follow that if you will."

She pressed a button on the PA system to engineering. "You can turn the shields on now."