Author Topic: Three-nightmare Night (Sapphire)  (Read 718 times)

Offline TheRedFox8

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Go ahead. Sound the alarm. I could use a challenge
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Kitsune
  • Coloring: Typical fox colorings
  • Height: 5' 6
  • Weight: 150 lbs
  • Build: Athletic
Three-nightmare Night (Sapphire)
« on: October 24, 2016, 06:28:37 AM »
 This is actually a three-part nightmare series, all rolled into one entry on here. When you see a long break up between sections, then assume that's the start of another nightmare. Enjoy the series, and let me know what you think.

"Daddy! Daddy! Look at this!" Sapphire was almost dragging her father outside of the house to show him something cool.

"Not right now, dear. Daddy's tired..." he mumbled. His old and venerable voice was barely cracking out the words. "Daddy wants to rest, then he'll see your trick."

"Awww! Come on, Daddy! Please?" Sapphire tried to lower her ears and playfully pout, a tactic that always worked on him.

The old man sighed. "Alright, just once and very quickly. Daddy wants to take a nap."

The excited vixen was out of the door in a flash, running toward the barn. She was planning to climb to the roof, jump off, do three flips, then land on the ground safely. She did this plenty of times before, so it was foolproof.

She saw her father slowly amble down the porch's stairs and walk toward her to the barn, his wife, Sapphire's mother, at her side. "Saphy! Don't do anything to hurt yourself!" her mother called.

Sapphire waited until her father got to where she was at, next to the barn. She opened her mouth to explain what she was going to do when she suddenly dropped dead. This seemed familiar, like she has experienced this sort of thing before. Soon she recognized this as the day she killed her father indirectly by giving him a heart attack. Did she go back in time to avert the disaster?

"On second thought, maybe this isn't a good-" she began, but she was cut short when she felt a stinging pain affecting her mind. She doubled over and clutched her head. "What the hell?" she said. When she came too, she realized she no longer had control of her body. She could feel herself unwillingly walk forward to her father, going for his neck. She felt her mouth hang open, drooling slightly

Sapphire tried to scream in protest after realizing what was going to happen, but her body refused to listen. She came within inches of her father, sank her teeth in his neck and ripped out a large bloody chunk. Blood gushed from his artery as his hands instantly flew up to his neck to try in vain to stop the flow, but he collapsed to the ground, twitching. She could feel her body smile, blood dribbling down her chin. Her mother screamed in horror and ran back toward the house, slamming the door shut.

After staring at her twitching father, she looked down at her paws in shock, then realized that she had control of her body again. She spat the hunk of neck from her mouth and bolted to the house herself and ran to the bathroom to wash the blood off her mouth. When she got there, she looked at her reflection in the mirror. To her surprise she had a blindfold on, but could see perfectly fine. What was strange about the blindfold was that it was stained crimson with blood. Paws shaking, she removed the blindfold and looked into her own eyes. They weren't the normal ice blue, but a glowing red color. The entirety of both eyes were a blood-red color and glowing. She screamed and tore out of the house.

What she found outside was an angel-looking figure hunched over Sapphire's father. When it noticed her, her head snapped around with an angry glare. It slowly rose to its feet and raised a paw to point at her.

"Repent, murderer! You will forever drown in darkness! May the gods have mercy on your soul!" It snapped its fingers and the very fabric of space and time itself seemed to rip, leaving a stream of inky-black darkness. The little wisp was growing larger and larger by the second and seemed to ooze toward her. Sapphire screamed and ran away from the darkness, the latter slowly gaining distance.

Looking behind her, the darkness grew as large as the horizon, a slowly advancing wall. She ran as fast as she could, but the darkness was slowly gaining on her. At last she tired out and slowed, with the darkness getting all the more faster. Before long, it was right on her tail.

Eventually, the darkness absorbed her, enveloping her vision with black. Instantly she felt a tremendous weight on all sides of her body as if someone threw a weight vest on her. She hunched over and collapsed from exhaustion, and suddenly felt the ground drop beneath her, leaving her falling....

falling into the endless darkness........

Sapphire awoke with a loud scream and thrashed around in her bed, getting entangled in her blanket and landed on the floor with a loud thud. She struggled to free herself from its grip and was eventually successful. Blinking her ice-blue eyes at the morning sunlight she sat on the floor, panting heavily.

Without realizing it, Sapphire leaned herself back on the couch and closed her eyes.

She awoke on her own later. Yawning and stretching, she looked around. Judging by the window, it was dark outside. She frowned at this and muttered something about sleeping too much. She turned to face what she guessed to be Alex's room to see if she was awake, only to find that the glow she found earlier was no longer there.

Starting to grow worried, she hopped out of bed and wandered around the room. "Alex?" she called meekly. "Alex are you there?"

Of course, there was no answer.

Really confused now, Sapphire approached the room that was cracked open and pushed the door open to peek inside. She was startled to find herself standing in a hallway. The hallway was unlit and silent, the only illumination coming from the bright full moon.

Closing the door behind her, Sapphire decided to venture outside, to look around for her friend. She came across what appeared to be the foyer of this temporary structure and was surprised to find the door leading to outside slightly ajar. Looking through the windows, she noticed that it had rained hard recently and the rain seemed to have cast up a pretty hefty fog. The only thing she could see was a small dirt path leading away from the door and a few illuminated porch lights.

Scratching her head, Sapphire decided to descend the stairs heading down from the door and onto the dirt path. A sudden chill made her shiver as she blinked through the dense fog. The earlier rain had stopped thankfully, but she would rather get wet than to have her vision limited severely. Flattening her ears and holding her tail in her hands for comfort, Sapphire ventured away from the structure and out into the unknown.

She followed the little dirt path that he knew was there but to her surprise it ended suddenly, leaving her nothing to walk on but grass. She looked around at her surroundings. The only visible objects were the occasional tree and park bench. It was as if she was in some kind of huge park.

Wait, park bench? There weren't any parks nearby! How far did she walk?

Shivering slightly, Sapphire began to backtrack in the opposite direction, but she didn't seem to find that foot path again. She was hopelessly lost.

"Hello?" she called out.

No answer.

"Hello?"

"Sapphire? Is that you?" It was Alex's voice!

"Alex! Where are you?"

"I'm over here! Come on! I need your help. I hurt myself really bad on something and I need you to help me out of it!"

"Where are you?"

"Over here! Hurry! Gah! I can't take the pain much longer!"

"Where is here? I need your location!"

"Right here! Just follow my voice! OW!! Hurry!"

It didn't help to the fact that her voice echoed all around her. She could pick no discernible point where Alex's voice was coming from. "I can't find you! Tell me your location!"

It was at that moment that Alex began yelping. "Gah! Gah! Hurry up! I ca-" she was cut off by a loud snap and a piercing yelping noise. Then it was silent.

"ALEX!! Where are you?"

"It's too late. You let her die..." The voices started again.
 "You could have saved her. Why did you let her die?"
 "I thought you were her friend. You let her down."

Sapphire fell to her knees and clasped her paws over her ears. "No. NO! Stop! I couldn't find her in time! I couldn't see!"

"She was right there. You blew your chance"
 "Shhhaaammmmeeeee...."
 "If she doesn't live, then you shouldn't deserve to either"

Sapphire stood up and took off running in a random direction. "Stop! Stop!" Suddenly she came upon a dark standing figure, and a mangled figure on the ground. Curious, she approached it. It appeared to be the body of a fox just like her, but it was blue-colored and literally ripped apart. Internal organs, blood, and bones were spread out everywhere. Then she saw the head.

It was Alex.

Sapphire fell to her knees again. "No. NO!"

The dark figure standing nearby slowly turned its head at Sapphire. It was pure shadow, it had no discernible features. It pointed what looked to be a finger at Sapphire.

Suddenly she was jerked off her knees and was sent hurtling into the shadow figure. She was falling... Falling into darkness...

"This is your fate... You deserve it!"

----

"WAAAAAHHHHHH!!!" Sapphire shot up on the couch, shivering uncontrollably.

Sapphire was wandering a labyrinth of dark narrow passageways. No one she knew was in sight. With each step, it felt like the current passageway she was in was getting longer and longer and more dark. She held a torch in hand, but that was the reason why it was getting darker: the torch was slowly going out.

Suddenly she could hear it. The voices. She knew she had been here before, but she couldn't place her finger on it. They were whispering to her.

"You could have saved her..."
 "Shaaaaammeeee..."
 "Shhhhaammmeeeeeee..."

Minute by minute, the voices were getting louder and louder, as if they were getting closer. Whimpering, Sapphire pressed onward, determined to reach the end of the passage way. Suddenly when her torch was almost out, she could see a wooden door. Excited, she reached out to open it, but it suddenly stretched way out of her grasp, making an impossibly huge hallway.

Annoyed, Sapphire began to move forward, but this time the voices were much louder, and happening with high frequencies.

"You could have saved her..."
 "She's dead... and it's all your fault..."
 "How could you...."
 "Shaaaaammmeee..."

Whimpering still, Sapphire pressed onward, light almost completely extinguished. After what seemed like ages, she finally reached the door again. Reaching out for it again, she turned the knob, thankful that it didn't stretch out again.

It was dark inside, no surprise to her, but suddenly a pair of red eyes opened, stared at her for a bit, then suddenly raced toward her!

Sapphire awoke on the couch with a loud shout and sat up bolt upright. She looked around his room, covers over her face. When she realized that she was, in fact, back to reality she settled down.

Strangely, Alex was curled up on the floor next to her. Looking closer at her sleeping form, she noticed that she was at an odd angle. Climbing off the couch, she approached Alex's sleeping form to see if she was okay.

Alex's head lolled to her with a dead gaze. She had a look of upmost horror on her face, her entire face was blood-ridden, and her eye sockets were nothing but black empty spaces. A loud scream echoed throughout the room and Sapphire awoke in her bed again.

Her very frightened eyes scanned the room once more, not sure if she was in reality, or in a dream. She began to whimper, fearing the worst.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 06:32:59 AM by TheRedFox8 »