The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: A Rant About How Nice The Mods Are. Yeah.  (Read 423 times)

guest22811

A Rant About How Nice The Mods Are. Yeah.
« on: September 29, 2016, 10:22:33 AM »
This is probably such a weird topic to make, but I just felt the need to speak up ;D

Well, here's a nice and long story. Sit back and enjoy your popcorn.

*inhales*

I used to play on a small virtual pet site. ( www.eggcave.com ) It's quite a decent game, lots of interesting elements, nice people to talk to, cool artwork. However, there was always one thing that got to me;
The mods.
Some of the newer mods were actually decent, they monitored the forums and were mostly easy on the users on the site. However, most of the mods were the complete opposite. They would be controlling and aggressive, acting like they had extreme power over all the users. All the messages they would send me were harsh and demanding. It didn't really upset me but it was EXTREMELY ANNOYING, after all, I was just doing my thing and exploring the site while they picked out every single mistake I made. Kinda like an annoying brother haha.

After leaving the site because of the high demand of attention for the pets on my account and my inability to care for them, I joined ChickenSmoothie. Most of you guys might know that site. They give out cute adoptables every month, and it's worth checking out.

Oh boy, my time on their forum was so miserable .-.
It was pretty much the same case as my time on EggCave. They had a large amount of mods that were discriminating and harsh. I just gave up and left the site.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm shiztalking about them. All this happened about 2 years ago so they might have changed drastically but other than that I'm doubtful.

Then just about a few months ago, I joined this site, eh? XD

I was actually expecting violent overpowered mods here (no offense LMAO) but in fact, they weren't like that. Most of the mods here are kind and made all the newer members on TFF feel welcome and part of the community.  Dang, I really don't know how to express my thanks to you guys  *you probably get what i mean* I loved my time here

TYSMMmmmpffhthdhhj <3

Also, sorry if my text becomes tiny. For some reason it happens sometimes.
Also, also, sorry if this sounds like a 'goodbye' post. I'm not leaving TFF

Sorry for long post. Here's a furry potato

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster Top 10 Topic Starter
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
Re: A Rant About How Nice The Mods Are. Yeah.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 10:37:50 AM »
Oh my gosh, that is very kind of you ;3;

Sorry to hear your experiences on other sites haven't been so great. I'm very glad to read you enjoy your time on here so far ^^

This goes for me (not sure how the other moderators feel on the matter), but I've been a member on here and still am. So I don't consider myself 'higher' than anyone else on the forum here. Members and moderators alike. I'm here as a moderator to help (the forums and its members).
While I understand moderators have to be harsh sometimes and make sure the rules are followed, so everyone can have a nice time here, it can be dealt in various ways. Whatever you felt on those sites... Once again: I'm sorry to hear about that. I have no idea how they spoke to you or what happened, maybe they were just trying to follow the rules and could have communicated a bit better with the whos, whats and hows.

I don't know. Either way, that all aside, it's very kind of you to write this ^_^

And feel free to always contact the staff team if you have any questions or anything. We're here to help first and foremost! :)

• Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter