The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: weird week last week - shifting?? or just a really strong link?  (Read 3761 times)

Offline Fuzzpaws

• Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Poster
  • Learning the wisdom of the wolf
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral Wolf
  • Coloring: White with black and grey frosting, generally a Native American feather dangle from one ear.
  • Height: big... a little over 40" at shoulders when 4 footing, over 6' standing
  • Weight: 190 +
  • Build: like a very healthy, active wolf should look!
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: learning... so much to learn!
weird week last week - shifting?? or just a really strong link?
« on: September 24, 2016, 03:13:27 PM »
Last week I was run down (work stress, had been sick, etc) and by mid week I was totally out of energy, barely able to function. I tried to pull myself together, as driving a 70,000+ pound truck is not something you do when you are impaired.

So, as I am working to pull in some energy and get myself functional I feel something "different", something primal. All of the sudden I feel better, but things are off a little. The way I am seeing things is more like I haven't really seen before. I'm scanning everything, seeing details I would normally pass over. I'm smelling everything, from car ad truck smells, to the trees, etc. My personality was even different, no stress, but very aware of everything around me, cockier (best way to describe it). I knew what the other drivers were going to do, and was able to react BEFORE they did things. I could feel a presence I had felt a little before when I needed strength, but it had never been this strong. I finally realized it was Naake ni, my wolf spirit, running the show when I couldn't.

I was also having mental images of a situation I had not had, at a campground we have not been to in years, along with hearing the name of the campground over and over. One of the strongest images was sitting on a point looking out at the lake at dawn, watching the day break and feeling the earth, hearing and smelling everything around me. It was like being plugged in to the world.

I had been having problems sleeping, but that night, and for the rest of the week, I was able to sleep and rest, not great but better. Some of the weight had been lifted, it was still there, but not as heavily. I was able to get through the week, but was in this altered frame of being.

When I realized something was "different" I called my wife and talked to her while I drove, and tried to explain it all to her, which was difficult since I did not understand it myself. Her basic response was "trust Naake, and we'll get it figured out." When I told her about the campground images, etc, She said "we'll be going camping this weekend then".

Spent Thursday evening loading the RV, and headed out as soon as I got home Friday, but then had issues between the truck and trailer, little things, but stressful.  It rained Friday night and almost all day Saturday. Saturday Morning I woke up at 6:15, looked outside and it was pre-dawn. I felt a calling to go out to the lake, but was so tired that I went back to bed instead. Slept until almost 9.

Sunday morning I woke at 6:15 again, and when I looked out the moon was out, not a cloud in the sky, and Naake was telling me it was time. I put on my pajama pants with my tail, and a sweat shirt, slipped on my shoes, and let him lead me to where we needed to be. Ended up at a rock point looking out over the lake, found a shelf rock with a bluff behind it, and as soon as I sat down I realized this was exactly the view from the images! As I relaxed and let the world flow through us I saw and felt things that are for Naake and I, the Two Spirits, alone.  We were there a lifetime, or for 45 minutes, or both. The sounds and smells, the things I saw and felt, what I learned will stay with me. It was like a joining of the spirits into one.

As I walked back to the trailer I thanked Naake for taking over, for showing me where I needed to be, and what I needed to see and learn. Things have been back to mostly normal this week, busy, but able to cope, sleeping better each night, and able to function again. I also thanked my wife for understanding what we needed to do, even though she really didn't want to be out camping that weekend... She tolerated the truck and trailer issues, kept me going, but not pushing me either.

The whole thing was almost like I went into a partial sleep, a subdued state, and Naake was able to take over. I was aware, but had minimal input, other than my knowledge of what we were doing and where we were going.

Is this shifting??? or something altogether different?

« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 05:53:42 PM by Naake ni »
Fuzzpaws the Wolf (temporarily)

(2 spirits, one body, one mind shared by both
Apache's call it Naake ni)

(Avatar artist unknown, will remove if needed)

Offline Fuzzpaws

• Scented Skunk
    • Awards
  • Coloring: White with black and grey frosting, generally a Native American feather dangle from one ear.
  • Height: big... a little over 40" at shoulders when 4 footing, over 6' standing
Re: weird week last week - shifting?? or just a really strong link?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 12:20:33 AM »
Thank you Michen.

Trying to figure it all out... there were some things that morning that are only for Naake ni and I to share, things I can't explain, and can barely describe, things that happened that shouldn't be able to happen, but they were very important for me to see, and I think once I figure it all out I will be well on my way... to where ever I am supposed to be.

I am also not sure if Naake ni is part of me or a spirit guide as you have said, or both, all I know is he has been with me for many years, but never as strong as lately. It's as if finally admitting to myself that he and I are one opened the door, giving him a "fursona" made him real.

It's funny that a friend of mine had similar thoughts the same day, I that I needed a furi-suit to take things farther than the tail and ear-hat I have, She did that I needed a mask and special headdress. She had also drawn 2 wolves for me, similar, but not, one a 4 legged feral, the other 2 footed Anthro/feral. It's like She sees Naake ni in me, and can put the picture on paper, while I feel the emotion and power, but can't see the face.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 12:39:27 AM by Naake ni »

Offline Sub-Zero Knight

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Ye olde Meta Knight fanatic.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Snowy Kiridan
  • Coloring: Thick, fluffy, silver fur; sky blue feet, clouded/pupilless pale blue eyes. Large, white, snowy owl-like wings.
  • Height: 10”
  • Weight: 12 lbs
  • Build: She is literal winged sphere with potato feet. :D
  • Currently: Oh gosh I was a cringey Meta Knight fangirl last I was here. I still am >.>
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 12:34:28 AM »
Similar things have happened to me before, actually. For me, Foxi Ravenheart is more than my fursona. She's... well.. my soul. My whole life, I've never seen things through the eyes of a human... my hearing and sense of smell have always been better than most, I've always balanced better on four legs than two, and I've never reacted to anything like a normal human. The only thing human about me is the way I look on the outside and the fact that I speak a human language, but I've always known that deep down, that's not what I was. A few years ago, after many years of searching and an increasing closeness to foxes, I finally discovered what I was. That's when my true spirit, a fox hybrid that I later came to fondly know as Foxi, finally revealed herself to me and took her rightful place as controller of my body. That's when I realized I could feel and see parts of my body no one else could... my tail, my ears, my wings... even my snout and claws! Years passed one by one, and slowly I began to realize that I was becoming Foxi. More and more, her soul took over my original one, until she was completely in control. And now, here I am, a fox in a world of normal humans... simply trying to find my destiny, and the place where I truly belong.

But I digress. As for you, it sounds like Naake was definitely trying to help you. It sounds like quite an honor that he chose you to have that kind of a bond with. Definitely use that bond wisely, and you'll find that Naake's friendship will be much, much more than worth it.

Offline Fuzzpaws

• Scented Skunk
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 04:34:12 PM »
Thank you Foxi!  I do understand the 'gift' I have been given, and it is one I do not abuse. I continue to have those moments of realization, of awareness, and the feelings of the majic flowing through me. We have merged more, but also settled into a new way of thinking and feeling.

I would love to talk more about what you experienced as you progressed!

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 05:56:15 PM »
For me, my feline side and my human side just seem to get along so well recently. For some reason both of my sides seem know how far I need to shift to combat the situation I'm in... or something like that. Besides that both sides seem to feel like they're truly me. I know I can let the control of it go unless I want to shift involuntary for some reason, knowing for sure that I won't go too far without reason.

It was different a long time ago where I was trying to get rid of it. The more I fought the animal inside me the worse the situation got. I really was freaking out at times. Now I wouldn't want to have it any other way.

Offline Sub-Zero Knight

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Ye olde Meta Knight fanatic.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Snowy Kiridan
  • Coloring: Thick, fluffy, silver fur; sky blue feet, clouded/pupilless pale blue eyes. Large, white, snowy owl-like wings.
  • Height: 10”
  • Weight: 12 lbs
  • Build: She is literal winged sphere with potato feet. :D
  • Currently: Oh gosh I was a cringey Meta Knight fangirl last I was here. I still am >.>
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 10:51:48 PM »
Me? I'm always shifted, all the time. I've never had a moment of being a true human in about 6 years now. I've always seen that as normal, so I never really bothered to fight it. I do, however, have to fight gaining the complete mindset of an animal at times. Usually when I feel threatened or angry. But as long as I can stay shifted while still thinking like a human, I'm fine.

Honestly, I'm so used to staying shifted like this that I feel like I'd never survive as a true human. It gets kind of hard to explain to people, though, especially those that don't understand the concept of this whole thing.

One of the strange things that tend to happen to me is I get a really strange urge to howl or whimper when I'm upset, lonely or scared. An urge that's usually much too strong to resist most of the time.

Offline Fuzzpaws

• Scented Skunk
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2017, 03:40:32 AM »
My Mate has told me I whine in my sleep now.... And while driving(am a semi driver) there are times I feel Naake ni wants me to just open up and howl. I catch myself reaching for my tail when sitting down, when not wearing it. I feel more whole and complete than I even have before, but when I do feel Naake ni 'surfacing' I pay attention.

There are times I will just talk to him about things, or just tell him "good Morning' and will feel the now familiar tingling thru my upper body and into my head. Last week was listening to a Native American Meditation CD and when the 4th track started there was a bone rattle being played, and NAake rose to the surface faster and stronger than ever before, actually had goose bumps, felt the desire to cry and howl at the same time. Played that track for my mate and had the same effect...

So glad to know I am not the only one!

Offline AlexLion

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Sleepy Werelion
  • Species: Lion
  • Coloring: natural yellow -ish, darker mane
  • Height: 6'4"
  • Build: avg
  • Currently: Covered in snow
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2017, 12:44:47 PM »
Hello again, Naake Ni. Let me start by saying that it's this particular thread caught my eye few weeks ago and led me to signing up to this forum, initially.

What you described in your opening post sure sounds to me like a shift. Though, haven't had anything as strong myself lately, 'sides I'm mostly dreamshifter anyways..

But I do know how that feels when you just need to eke out a tiny bit of strenght outta yourself, and for some reason something arises along with the thought that you're part animal. What you experienced, understandably, differs in many ways. Maybe it's just a shift that strong? I don't know, I've only been awaken for 15 years or so.

Myself, I keep hearing odd things 'over and over' just like you described, mostly single words spoken in my own voice. Sometimes they help me, guide me in obvious ways, sometimes they just play tricks on me for no apparent reason, sometimes they're gone and I do feel a bit lonely and lost. The only difference is, I don't feel myself split in two, I'm always me, and I'm always shifted, a tinyest bit.

Well, thanks for sharing anyways, it was quite a journey!

Post Merge: February 13, 2017, 12:56:00 PM
PS.

Well talking about weirdest and strongest! Just had a huge deja-vu of me reading your story and writing my answer and even this forum's interface. It was like I've been here dozen of years ago and we all met before.

Well take care guys, looks like I got myself more snow driving...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 12:56:00 PM by AlexLion, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Offline Fuzzpaws

• Scented Skunk
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 03:53:45 AM »
Thanks Alex,

Just an update:  With the input and help of some very powerful friends I have been able to synch up better with Naake ni so we really work as one now, instead of two separate people in one body. Not going to go into how, but it has helped level things out some.

I am still able to 'call' or 'awaken' Naake, and still get the full body tingles (especially the chest, arms, and head) ever time He presents himself.

Offline AlexLion

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Sleepy Werelion
  • Species: Lion
  • Coloring: natural yellow -ish, darker mane
  • Height: 6'4"
  • Build: avg
  • Currently: Covered in snow
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 02:53:07 PM »
Hey there. Glad to hear you're doing even better now. A lot of stuff to learn about yourself, I imagine! Besides it seems you've got awesome friends.

Well, hope you can always appreciate an extra listener ;)