The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Through the Dark Mountain OOC+Signup  (Read 2929 times)

Offline Xavier Akafur

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Otter-Wolf
  • Coloring: Chocolate brown, tan
  • Height: 6'0"
  • Weight: 205 lbs
  • Build: Sturdy
Through the Dark Mountain OOC+Signup
« on: September 21, 2016, 09:08:33 AM »
Thread coming up tomorrow when I get some sleep.

The mines of Mount Kakarillion, rich with gold and gemstones that had been thrust up from the earth in ancient ages, had supplied the lands of Ubuir for countless generations. The country had grown fat on the wealth of the mountain, living in peace and prosperity for nearly a century. The nobles held grand festivals and even the poorest of paupers was never left in the cold. Truly, it was a golden age.

Now the great curled spire loomed like a threatening claw in the sky, dark clouds and chilling fog settling across the realm. The mines were dark and dormant, echoing the hearts of the wretched souls who still remained here. The golden age of Ubuir was nearly half a century gone, and her cities and ports were crumbling. When the mines closed, the neighboring nations had seen the collapse and had waged a war against Ubuir for her vast hordes of treasure. They had won the war, but it had cost everything. Now the realm was in shambles, the once grand cities wracked by plague and poverty. The nobles have locked themselves away in ivory towers and great castles, though they too are beginning to tarnish.

Rumor speaks of a darkness that welled up from inside of the earth, spreading through the mountain and the surrounding lands. The miners all perished of a mysterious illness, and those that attempted to take up the pickaxes in their stead rarely return. Those that do not lose their life lose their sanity, often wandering into villages covered in blood and babbling of demons.

This is where we come in. The outstandingly brave or the immensely foolish. Only history will tell. Ubuir still holds many treasures, though only the foolish venture here.

---

For this thread I would like everyone to assume the role of a fledgling adventurer, or any lost soul with little wealth or power to their name. Be prepared, characters will die. Ubuir is a harsh and unforgiving land.

I also would like to implement a point system to the characters. Nothing too fancy, just something to give us some basic rules since there will be a high probability of character death.
Characters can be built upon these six stats-> Health, Strength, Agility, Knowledge, Toughness and Wit. Aside from health, these points will act as resources and will change dynamically with your character. Example: A wolf lunges at your leg while you are off balance. If you opt to spend no points, you will take damage to your health. If you have points remaining, however, you can spend one to have a high chance of successfully defending yourself. The type of point used depends on the scenario. Here either strength or agility would be the most likely to aide you. You opt to use one of your strength points, allowing you to spin around with a kick of such force that it throws the beast away, and you're quite certain you heard some ribs break. This is a basic example, and this is a system I have not tested previously so we'll see how it goes.

Everyone will start with the same base health of 10. You can grant your characters four points divided among the other five attributes. These may increase throughout the game as the characters gain skills and abilities. They may also find items that will lend them additional bonuses. Your point will restore periodically throughout the game, when characters are given a chance to rest or recover.

Since the characters are based on stats, all races and classes are welcome to join. Just give a valid reason for why your character is choosing to venture into Ubuir. :) If interested please post a character sheet and I will approve it or ask for changes as needed. Keep in mind this will be an advanced roleplay focused on character building. I will act as the head game master in case of dispute but everyone is welcome and encouraged to participate in controlling monsters and NPCs. PM me any questions or ask them here!

---

Character Sheet

Name:
Background: (Keep This One Basic)

Stats:
HP (Duh)
STR (Used to deflect heavy blows or counter attack with extra oomph)
AGI (Acrobatic feats, deft weapon use, swiftness)
KNW (Ability to recall facts, especially useful when using magic spells)
TGH (Used in scenarios where taking a hit is unavoidable or intended, reduces or negates damage. Resistance to poison/disease)
WIT (Quick thinking, lip reading, lie detection, social charm)

Appearance (Every detail helps <3):

Known Spells (If any, be specific!):

Physical Abilities:

Carried Items:

Backstory (Here is where you can flesh it out):

----

Sample Character (I may be using him)

Name: Geo Gondras
Race: Otter-Binturong Hybrid
Background (Keep This One Basic): Novice warrior of a lost god.

Stats:
HP 10
STR 1
AGI 2
KNW 0
TGH 0
WIT 1

Appearance (Every detail helps <3): Geo is a young male of 26, that most would mistake for some sort of long-furred otter. Standing at roughly 6'0" and with a sturdy build, he looked like a man who could take care of himself. His ears are small and rounded, sporting lynx-like tufts of his chocolate brown fur from the tips. He wears a wide-brimmed hat of simple brown leather, sporting a black and a white feather from a large bird. Holes are cut in the brim of the hat to allow his ears to poke through. The hybrid's eyes are a calm forest green, peeking from under a brow often lowered in thought. His long torso is covered by a simple white  short-sleeved tunic, several scars visible past the steep V of the neckline. His arms were toned beneath thick, glossy fur. The fur grew longer at his elbows and along his immensely lengthy tail. Paws were large, with webbed fingers and dark pads along the fingertips and palms. Short, retractable claws were visible as he gripped his favored walking cane. A set of black leggings covered his lower half, a belt of simple tan leather holding them snug to his waist. His tail poked from behind, nearly four feet in length and often curled upon itself at the half-way point to keep from dragging the ground, hinting that it was prehensile. Feet were left bare, showing more of his thick fur and another set of short claws adorning his toes. His face was  much like one would expect of a male otter, though his muzzle was slightly more narrow and he sported unusually long and pronounced whiskers that sprouted from either side of his nose as well as a few poking from the edges of his eyebrows.

Known Spells (If any, be specific!): Meditative Trance- By connecting with his diety, one of rebirth and cycles, Geo can connect with past lives. Both his own and others. Not all people have lived a past life, but if they have he can glean the details by studying their aura undisturbed for roughly a minute. This ability has an approximate range of 20 yards.

Physical Abilities: Was a street brawler in his youth, a skill honed by the rigorous physical exercise that most of the zealots at the church of Rohun practice. He favors bare-knuckles over blades.

Carried Items: Simple travel clothing, a day's worth of dried food, a walking cane made of sturdy oak. A wooden necklace depicting a sun and moon overlapping (holy symbol of Rohun).

Backstory (Here is where you can flesh it out): Rohun, the primordial god of death, was a god that was mostly lost to history. Part of this was due to the fact that his followers often committed ritual suicide at the age of 25, believing that the god would return them to a more glorious life. Small churches of Rohun always cropped up around the world, but when your followers died so frequently it was a hard religion to maintain. Geo was one such believer. A troubled youth regretting life, he found the church of Rohun by coincidence. After some months of talking with the priests there, he decided to join one of the remote monasteries, believing that if he invested in his faith now his next life might afford him some love as a youth. Surely it must be better than dealing with an alcoholic father and a mother who hated him. He spent nine long years living among the faithful, and found a sense of family there. When it came time to end his life, however, he found he lacked the resolve. Instead he watched as the few people he has loved and trusted in his life took up blessed daggers and speared themselves in the heart. Geo wanted to join them, but instead he dropped the dagger and walked out through the blood of his dead family, and out into the waiting world. It was an act that happened occasionally, and those who chose to live out their life were more pitied than disrespected. In the two years since he has been trying to find new purpose in his life.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 08:28:21 AM by Xavier Akafur »
Captain of the Stormrider

Offline PO5ID3N25

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
Through the Dark Mountain OOC+Signup
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 05:47:58 PM »
Name: Gilan
Race: wolf
Background: scout ranger out of military
Stats:

HP 10
STR 0
AGI 2
KNW 1
TGH 0
WIT1

Appearance: Gilan is a slender built wolf about 5' 8" and 130 pounds, despite his small stature he carries hisself with extreme confidence that is usually unnerving to most. Typically wearing a long dark cloak with a deep cowl always flipped up, from underneath his eyes burn pitch black but with a unusual brightness.  His left ear has a large hole in it from a arrow gone astray. He always has a smile on his face but  when provoked his kind demeanor quickly is replaced with white hot anger. His hide is a dark blue almost black and it darkens as it moves in towards his center of mass.

Known spells: he worships the diety of accuracy which he will often pray to granting him accuracy with his bow and swiftness of foot

Physical abilities: very good climber, unseen mover and silent mover a skill set perfected as a life of a street thief until recruitment.

Carried items: a dark cloak designed to conceal him with a deep cowl, he also Carries a oak long bow and a quiver with 24 standard broad head arrows. He also has casts to create more standard arrows, as well as a much heavier armor piercing arrow, but he has no iron or lead to make them. He is almost without food living off animals he kills and water from creeks.

Back story: He was raised in an orphanages until seven years old when he fled to the city to escape the abusive house mother, here he fell in with a gang of thieves. As a thief he was a natural, he felt at home blending his movements with shadows and sneaking about through a occupied house. His greatest thrill was pickpocketing moving in silently and stealing without them knowing. He eventually set up quite a thriving empire in which he often sold owners back there belongings that had been stolen from them. He continued this life style until the age of eighteen when soldiers of the kings army conscripted him. During his first deployment on a small raid a sickness overcame the troupe causing them to die and hallucinate of demons he was the only one seemingly unaffected. He escaped back to his home town but a worm of curiosity was digging at him to find the source of that disease and why he wasn't affected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 05:50:48 PM by PO5ID3N25 »

Offline Xavier Akafur

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
Re: Through the Dark Mountain OOC+Signup
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 08:07:11 AM »
Gilan is approved. Welcome aboard!

I have some old RP buddies I'm waiting on to make characters, and we may get some more random entries. I'll put up the thread now in case people would like to make entry posts but I will keep the pace extra slow until we get a few more people... or for another couple days.

EDIT: Thread is up

https://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=34230.0
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 08:31:17 AM by Xavier Akafur »

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 04:04:27 PM »
I might toss up a character sheet when I'm home if you'll have me. The only question now is who to use.

Offline 🎶Casey Locke🎶

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • The Blond Menace
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Angel-Fennec
  • Coloring: gradient colors moving from sunset orange to rust red moving from chest back and to limbs, Icy Blue Eyes
  • Height: Anthro: 4'5" tall, 4'5"Bushy tail / feral: 11" tall, 1'4" long, 2'6" bushy tail
  • Weight: nothing
  • Build: much stronger than they look, very skinny, Digitigraded legs, slightly femenine
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Apparently I'm an INTP
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 12:06:15 AM »
I'll have a Character up later today if that's okay
  • Avatar by: this one is by my buddy Vanilla
Aka: Fenix

Offline Xavier Akafur

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 02:02:34 AM »
Hey Mort, didn't know you were still active! Be glad to have you as always! :D

@ Fenix, Sure! I was hoping for roughly 4-6 players.

Offline Shoon

• Knowledge Seeker
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • I know alot, about everything
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: silver ish grey
  • Height: 1.70
  • Build: masculine but pretty thin, not buff
  • Currently: Not here a lot
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 12:58:26 PM »

Name: shoon vysenshtern.
Race: western dragon.
Background: freshly graduated from the wizard academy of the black sun guild and a member of said guild.

Stats:
HP: 10
STR: 1
AGI: 1
KNW: 2T
GH: 0
WIT:  0

Appearance (Every detail helps <3): for normal looks see reference/profile picture. wears the normal adventurer's robe of the guild which consists of these robes but black with gold outlines and a golden sun on the back (there are a shirt and pants underneath, leather boots are high boots).

Known Spells (If any, be specific!):
slash of runic blade: after a short moment of charging and concentrating he can send a wave of energy that travels a short distance in the direction he swings, the more he concentrates the bigger/long range it has. (spell changes with runes, a different sword with different runes can make it say; explosive).
armor of agastis: creates a semi see through armor around his body for a short period of time that protects from light to medium physical and magical attacks.
fire ball: good old fire ball, can control the size and semi control over direction while flying in a certain range of the caster. explodes on impact.
a big and menacing cloud of daggers: a cloud of gray mist in an area, cuts what goes through it, disappears after a while.

Physical Abilities: sorta knows parkour and sneaking, knows how to fight with a long sword, knows first aid and can cook.

Carried Items: arming sword with light blue basic energy runes, light blue rune chalk, black sun pendant, black sun guild beginner to intimidate spell book, first aid kit, some money, extra robes and a bit of food and water.

Backstory (Here is where you can flesh it out): shoon hails from the great merchant city of abraxis where the tall marble tower of the black sun guild was constructed, many children in the city looked up at the tower and dreamed of becoming an adventurer one day, although most dont follow of this dream some like Shoon did, graduating into training at the age of 14 he took the study's of being a wizard with the special chosen classes of sword magic and runes, graduating at the age 22 Shoon now travels the world looking for adventure.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 03:31:27 PM by Shoon »
  • Avatar by: The amazing Ventus fall!

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2016, 03:58:52 PM »
Hey Mort, didn't know you were still active! Be glad to have you as always! :D

I've been mostly lurking lately.

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • A true gentleman fights to protect
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Western Feral Dragon
  • Coloring: Black body,wings(underside is red), Red underbelly, silver-ish Spikes along spine
  • Height: 6' 12''
  • Weight: 217
  • Build: Muscular
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2016, 11:47:20 PM »
Could I, possibly, be something that's already in the cave?  I'm asking because I want to play as the feral version of my character, but smaller, and probably be in his early teens, but still pretty small

^ Is really happy, and spreads positivity around the forums and even the world. This person is a really cool and friendly person, and really deserves everything life has to offer. This person is how everyone should be like. When I grow up, I want to be just like Razuel

Offline Xavier Akafur

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2016, 03:25:29 AM »
Well we're not heading there immediately, Razuel

Offline Shoon

• Knowledge Seeker
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2016, 04:14:19 AM »
is my character approved?

Offline Xavier Akafur

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2016, 04:19:05 AM »
Shoon, character looks pretty good. Just keep an eye on the spelling, there's several mistypes in there. I would say a novice mage would not know how to cast fireball, however. It's a fairly virulent and large area spell. I will offer to let you cast it if every time you do there's a chance it'll blow up in your face. Because, well, I'm evil :D

Offline Shoon

• Knowledge Seeker
  • Handsome Horse
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2016, 04:43:33 AM »
yeah, honestly its also a "daily spell" the stronger a spell is the more "cooldown" it has, and yes most of the time it will be small and weak, and it might explode and might do other stuff or might totally not work.
i am working on grammer.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2016, 09:43:27 PM »
I wasn't sure of his magic being 'spells' but I listed it under there just to be safe.

Name: Thorne Lockwood
Race: Maltilda's Horned Viper
Background: Traveling rogue.

Stats:
HP: 10
STR: 0
AGI: 2
KNW: 0
TGH: 0
WIT: 2

Appearance (Every detail helps <3): Thorne's scales are black and yellow-orange, sporting a yellow orange underbelly that eventually dapples into a darker black. On his back, yellow orange scales cut through to create a zigzag patterning. Atop his sickly yellow green eyes, he has a set of horns made of soft scales. He wears simple leather armor with a cloth dark grey undershirt so that he can move swiftly. He stands at 6' with a lithe build, and has purple inner flesh with a black tongue. His neck is longer than usual as well as his tail, which generally coils wherever it can to keep out of the way. He has three clawed fingers (two fingers and a thumb) and clawed plantigrade feet not unsimilar to nightcrawler.

Known Spells (If any, be specific!): Shadow jump, can port between shadows up to 60ft;
Hide in Plain Sight, can use hide while in plain sight;
Shadow replication, can manipulate the shapes of shadows;
Detect Poison.

Physical Abilities: Resistance to venom (being a viper);
heat sense, can sense warm blooded creatures up to 30ft;
Dark vision up to 60ft;
Venomous Fangs, can bite and inject venom as well as poison the tips of his daggers;
Uncanny dodge, still retains AGI modifiers if caught flat footed or struck by unseen foe.

Carried Items:
Two daggers, a backpack, a waterskin, three day's worth of dried rations, tinderbox, and a set of crude lock picks.

Backstory (Here is where you can flesh it out):
From a young age, Thorne was on his own. Not because of any conflict so much as it was the nature of his people. He found a home among adventurers in Sigil, the city doors. Although he considers himself a rogue for hire, he only has experience with a few ventures. Whispers of unclaimed riches led him to another door in Sigil. One that lead him to Ubuir.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 09:55:29 PM by Mortimus-maximus »

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • A true gentleman fights to protect
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Western Feral Dragon
  • Coloring: Black body,wings(underside is red), Red underbelly, silver-ish Spikes along spine
  • Height: 6' 12''
  • Weight: 217
  • Build: Muscular
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2016, 10:04:19 PM »
Well we're not heading there immediately, Razuel
I figured as much... hmm, what does the starting area look like? What area would everyone be starting in, to get introduced to each other

^ Is really happy, and spreads positivity around the forums and even the world. This person is a really cool and friendly person, and really deserves everything life has to offer. This person is how everyone should be like. When I grow up, I want to be just like Razuel