The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kokoro Connect review  (Read 1119 times)

Offline Ori

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • "You can't see me" - John Cena
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Warm Grey, red, black
  • Height: 5ft 6 ish,
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Skinny, Scrawny.
  • Currently: Working on college homework
Kokoro Connect review
« on: September 10, 2016, 01:26:33 PM »
This one is a personal favorite from about a couple years ago that I forgot about >.>
This anime in short is a psychological romance anime. It's actually one of the few anime based on a book. The setting is a modern day school in Japan, with kind of normal students. They're all well rounded, and believable in terms of character. The comedy falls short through out the anime >.>
In any case plot:
The story is about 5 friends during school they start switching their souls at random. It doesn't sound so bad, but it gets intense as everyone has things that they don't want revealed about themselves. And of course, they have to play certain things out like the other person in certain situations. This is caused by an alien that took over their teacher that is testing human relationships, love and friendship, and is just curious to see how far it can be pushed. (He has a sense of decency however, so he wouldn't do something weird like if someone is in the bathroom, their souls switch and e.t.c. and he does set certain boundaries like everyone will switchback in half an hour.) After a few episodes of this the alien changes the effect so that at random times people will be able to read other people's minds. (Specifically at bad times, imagine you're giving a compliment to cheer someone up {Even though the compliment isn't really true} and in turn the person hears you think that you're giving an empty compliment. Things could get ugly). They have on more effect after that, (Which I kinda was eh, about, it was more annoying then it was challenging).
The psychology aspect is very well done, it reminds me of persona 4 a bit. (Rather than being about the human unconscious wishes) it's more about being able to trust each other with darker secrets. The characters are very deep. Even the main character is a cliche 'I will save everyone hero type' of character. Once his emotions start getting jumbled it gets interesting.

(Oh yeah give it a couple episodes to get into it. The first episode is really empty, they introduce the characters and kind of show what they're like everyday and introduce the body switching effect.)
My name is Ori.

I am totally not trying to impersonate Edward Scissorhands. Who is that anyway?
Also I am humming this is Halloween.
Also John Cena Memes don't die. (John Cena theme blares in background)