The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Titleless Adventure Roleplay (OPEN)  (Read 3078 times)

Offline Andy

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Good morning, Lovely!
    • My Tumblr!
    • Awards
  • Species: not even sure
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: plotting my latest fursuit
Titleless Adventure Roleplay (OPEN)
« on: August 30, 2016, 01:08:32 AM »
OOC board here! we have 1 open slot!

https://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=33994.0

Alex looks over at John, the light filtering through the trees and casting speckled shadows across John's face.
"Thank you for coming with me. I know you didn't have to, and right now wasn't really the greatest time for you and..." he trails off, looking back down at his bare feet as he shuffles through the fallen leaves scattered across the damp ground of the forest. His second set of ears twitch back, and then his front ones, and he looks up at the sky abruptly. Almost instantly, an intense storm drives down at his face. "Let's find somewhere to stop for the night." he says. "I think I saw a place a hundred yards back where we could rest."
"It's okay Alex, I'm always glad to help." John follows Alex as the rain starts pouring down and the storm intensifies quickly. Alex spots the area he'd been thinking of, an uprooted tree fallen against some rocks, creating a three sided cave with an opening and roof of draped moss, roots and leaves. They sit down inside.
Alex shakes some of the rain out of his fur. "I can't believe how rainy it is. I don't know if I'll get any sleep." he sighs heavily and pokes at the earth. "If I could just conjure a fire, if I wasn't so... if I wasn't such a ..." he trails off dejectedly, his eyes glinting in the low light.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 01:32:25 AM by Andy »
Tacky Forum Signature

Offline JFox

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox
  • Coloring: Regular Red Fox coloring
  • Height: 5'11
  • Weight: 217 Lbs
  • Build: Chubby
  • Currently: Happy
Re: Titleless Adventure Roleplay (closed)
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 01:28:48 AM »
"I could try" He looked at Alex with anticipation to try his magic skills

Offline Andy

• Boisterous Bear
  • Good morning, Lovely!
    • My Tumblr!
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 01:37:39 AM »
"Go for it," Alex shrugged. He looked up at the dripping roof of vegetation. "It's rainy enough that anything unintentional could be put out easily, I suppose."
Tacky Forum Signature

Offline JFox

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 01:43:15 AM »
"I'm not the best at it but I'll try" John says some words and flicks his hands. Soon enough there is a nice warm fire in front of them with two logs to sit on. "I did it! I didn't think it would work but it did!" John was clearly excited about this and decided to sit down.

Offline Andy

• Boisterous Bear
  • Good morning, Lovely!
    • My Tumblr!
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 01:59:46 AM »
Alex says nothing, he just stares intensely into the fire, glad that he's a bit warmer, but suddenly feeling terrible. He's hating this fire, it's just another reminder that he's not the way he's supposed to be- with absolutely no powers whatsoever.
"I have to go." he grumbles, climbing through the thin veil separating them from the outside. He runs a little ways into the woods before kicking up a pile of leaves and yelling frustratedly. "I'm from a magic bearing family! A magic bearing town! Why.. can't... I..." he balls his hands into fists and sits, putting his head between his elbows. "All I got was the stupid second ears, all I got was nothing..." he whimpers, crying a bit. The rain pours down on him, and the appealing glow of a warm fire back at their little campsite felt mockingly uninviting.
Tacky Forum Signature

Offline JFox

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 02:05:43 AM »
John follows Alex and sits down beside him. "What's the matter?" He looked at Alex and tried comforting him.

Offline Andy

• Boisterous Bear
  • Good morning, Lovely!
    • My Tumblr!
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 02:23:30 AM »
Alex sighs. "I'm sorry. I blew up. It's not your fault. It's just that-"

A hint of orange in his peripheral vision catches his attention. He looks over to see that the entire tree has been engulfed in flames, and the rain is doing nothing to tame it. Nearby leaves are smoldering.
"Is that stuff waterproof?" he stands abruptly, pointing, one eyebrow raised. "Do we run?" He's so transfixed by the fire that he doesn't notice that the rain is beginning to subside.
Tacky Forum Signature

Offline JFox

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 03:03:34 AM »
John helps Alex up and starts walking away. "Darn... I though my magic finally worked for once..." We keep walking away from it until we can find more shelter. "It shouldn't be waterproof" he said with a bit of worry in his voice

Offline PossumDeMort

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Equal Oppertunity Romantic
    • Awards
  • Species: Possum
  • Currently: Lurking...
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2016, 09:40:54 PM »
Jake struggled abit in the mud that had formed in the rain, once again cursing himself for not being prepared.

The possum dressed in plain clothes carried a large sack on one shoulder and a doctors bag in another, the weight of them tiring him fast. he looked around when the rain began to let up hoping to catch sight of the abandoned barn he called home when his eyes locked on the glow of flames just ahead.

"Uh oh..."

Offline JFox

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2016, 10:27:30 PM »
Alex and John kept waking away from the fire, trying to keep their distance from it until they ran across Jake. "Hello" John said in a welcoming tone. "You might want to turn back around and you look like you need help with your bags there"

Offline Andy

• Boisterous Bear
  • Good morning, Lovely!
    • My Tumblr!
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2016, 11:57:56 PM »
Alex hastily grabbed the fallen bags out of the mud and marched on, not saying a word or really stopping to look at the new person who'd just joined their party. He knew of a field not far off, where they could hopefully rest till daybreak till when he had his wits about him again. He sighed heavily and looked up at the now clear night-nigh-dusk sky, entirely devoid of clouds. Stars were blinking out at intervals he could not see; he looked back ahead.
Tacky Forum Signature

Offline JFox

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2016, 12:02:59 AM »
"What's your name?" John said with intrigue to the possum. "Im curious to learn more about you"

Offline PossumDeMort

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Equal Oppertunity Romantic
    • Awards
  • Species: Possum
  • Currently: Lurking...
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2016, 12:24:10 AM »
"Um, jake..."

He started, surprised at encountering anyone out here, and was further knocked off balance by how friendly they seemed. Jake considered that they might just be naive and used to a life without dangers, or confident enough to not care...

He decided on the former and his classroom demeanor kicked in, placing the sack on the ground he  offered his paw for a handshake eyes watching for anything dangerous from the individual.

"Your name would be?"

Offline JFox

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2016, 12:54:39 AM »
John extended his paw happily and shook Jakes hand "The name is John, nice to meet you"

Offline Andy

• Boisterous Bear
  • Good morning, Lovely!
    • My Tumblr!
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2016, 01:30:43 AM »
Alex turns back to face the other two. "We should really get going, get some help with that fire, and all. I know there's a village up ahead some, we could stop at an inn for some rest." He completely ignores Jake, his eyes semi glossed over with sleep deprivation and a stressful night. He's already feeling the guilt for the way he treated John about the fire, and he's really cold and rainsoaked.
Tacky Forum Signature