The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Final Thoughts on Windows 10?  (Read 2164 times)

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
Re: Final Thoughts on Windows 10?
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2016, 06:54:56 PM »
Ok, that trick works in Windows 10 as well so why hate Windows 10 so much because of something that can so easily be turned off with the trick you mention?

Alternatively, for anyone else... Problem solved:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
  • Species: aussie sergal
  • Coloring: black and purple
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 50 kilograms
  • Build: in shape
  • Currently: hello darkness my old friend
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2016, 06:56:54 PM »
timmy thats one fix to mutiple issues and takes knowlage of editing files and not messing it up

and i just hate they way they pushed and nagged then hide the optis and didnt even mention it unless you read through the eula
on land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own

i have a very dry sense of humor be careful around me :D

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2016, 07:05:12 PM »
How is a simple on/off button the end of the world?

If you'd read the Eula you'd realize that Microsoft is actually one of the most transparent people with what they're doing and, regardless of your opinion on it; EVERYONE DOES IT. Google, Apple and Facebook are 3 examples that do this to many worse levels. Microsoft is actually being very reasonable on this level.

Also, the video you linked I would honestly not put too much trust into because remember this is a guy who's been quite biased against Microsoft ever since he got fired.
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Ræfóa Aldrnari

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Most Online
  • Earlier known as Ulvus Lumia
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Brown fox
  • Coloring: Brown, dark brown, grey, beige
  • Height: 1m 73cm (5'8")
  • Weight: 53 kg. (117 lb.)
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: *Browsing memes*
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2016, 07:28:44 PM »
Just kinda poking my muzzle in...

I don't really mind Windows 10 as much as other people do. I've heard countless of people hating on it a lot, and it's fine that they give their opinion. I just don't really mind it. I actually think it looks pretty good, too.

Also, I guess I don't mind the different settings getting "replaced", or whatever, either. I don't really mess too much with them, and the ones I do mess around with, I find easy to find :)

Please check out my DeviantArt page!
I would greatly appreciate it.

Reference sheet by myself!

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2016, 08:21:49 PM »
I think we should just be happy Microsoft/Windows 10 actually lets you know what information they're getting, and at least has the options to disable them :V

If you're afraid about what sorta info they collect on a computer operating system, I really hope you don't have a credit/debit card, or any affiliation to the bank at all, an ID, have your fingerprints ever collected, have a cell phone with any sort of contract or service provider that isn't a pre-loaded card, any sort of internet connection at all, and consistently hide your face at the sign of any sort of surveillance.

That being said, they're all terrible excuses to miss out an a stellar operating system.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2016, 02:35:12 AM »
I already knew about the windows 7 telemetry stuff and I disagree with that too. I also already know about those other stuff like debit cards and whatnot, but those are fine because that's necessary for them to function. The OS doesn't need to phone home with data constantly. My issue is that I don't want connections while I'm doing something that doesn't need those connections.

I don't think they're staring at every little thing I do, I'm not that paranoid. Hell, I don't even think they're being malicious at all with telemetry and I totally get why they do it, I just disagree with their methods and want no part in it. I'm not interested in the services they track data for and want to use my computer without it storing crap in a cloud without my say. It's not that much to ask.

Not all the people against the telemetry crap are tinfoil hatters, though admittedly a lot of them are.

That said, I like the OS so far. The only issue I've come across is EqualizerAPO isn't working anymore so my USB headset is stupidly loud at 2%. I don't hate on Windows 10 for that, though. It's normal for a few things to bug out with new OS's and it's a minor problem in the long run.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 02:57:55 AM by Evnamishko »

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: {Aiklar http://aiklarspecies.webs.com/} & {Eastern Dragon}
  • Coloring: {Black, light blue, purple, turquoise, red and dark blue} & {Purple, lavender, sea green & black}
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 115 lb
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: Recuperating
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2016, 04:55:53 PM »
I don't mind it, I use Windows 7 for my laptop and windows 10 for my gaming/art computer. Some things are pretty funky, and I haven't found a way to disable Bluetooth yet, but there are options to disable most things that make the comp run slower, which is nice. I didn't upgrade to Windows 10 on my laptop only because it would make it unusable (it used to be a windows 98 laptop, then windowsXP, now 7) and I prefer the look of windows 7 a bit better.

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Topic Starter
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2016, 06:09:18 PM »
I got Windows 10 after a month or two of reviews when it was first announced, if I recall correctly. Either way, after weighing positive and negative, I opted into the free upgrade.

It was so worth it when I did. The upgrade smoothed out issues I was having with 8.1, including crashes, downloading errors and overall slowness. I also felt so happy when I saw the "Home Screen" shit was gone. The start menu was far nicer than that ever was.