The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Virus and Adware  (Read 1121 times)

Offline Wolfie the Umbreon

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • I'm a video game lover!
  • Species: Anthro Umbreon
  • Coloring: Black fur, with glowing yellow rings in the forehead, arms and legs.Also, red eyes with black pupils. Yellow bands on both ears and tail.
  • Height: 5'8'' (1.72 m)
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Enjoying :)
Virus and Adware
« on: July 29, 2016, 02:17:16 PM »
Hi, lately I'm realizing that my PC has a lot of adware, it's getting slower and some drivers are uninstalling themselves. Should I reinstall Windows or ignore the adware and continue using my PC?
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.

Albert Einstein

Offline Halei-Helai

• Handsome Horse
  • A strange thing indeed.
    • Awards
  • Species: Lahaian
  • Coloring: White with black stripes
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 125 lb
  • Build: Svelte
Re: Virus and Adware
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 03:03:24 PM »
Hi, lately I'm realizing that my PC has a lot of adware, it's getting slower and some drivers are uninstalling themselves. Should I reinstall Windows or ignore the adware and continue using my PC?

If I get a virus and it is something more than mildly annoying I wipe my entire PC and start from scratch.  I consider adware more than mildly annoying. You don't know what other fun goodies come with that garbage. Viruses are something I don't play around with at all so I am hoping you have a good backup, and if you don't make sure to utilize backups in the future.

Do you use an ad blocker for your browser? If you don't I would recommend it since they can block compromised or malicious ads that plant viruses on your system.
Sorcerous sage and cataloger of curiosities
---------------
Feel free to PM me. I am always up for a conversation!

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
  • Species: aussie sergal
  • Coloring: black and purple
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 50 kilograms
  • Build: in shape
  • Currently: hello darkness my old friend
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 03:08:39 PM »
i would get

most of whats in this pic since i use it all to keep my system clean (the malware and antivirus are my paid copy's because i do remote tech)

be careful with backups since some can bring the adware and crap back

and yes use a ad blocker extension to stop the stuff i use adblock pro from the firefox adon place
on land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own

i have a very dry sense of humor be careful around me :D

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 08:56:33 PM »
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is really good, if you run it with Windows in Safe Mode especially.

Offline Wolfie the Umbreon

• Boisterous Bear
  • I'm a video game lover!
  • Species: Anthro Umbreon
  • Coloring: Black fur, with glowing yellow rings in the forehead, arms and legs.Also, red eyes with black pupils. Yellow bands on both ears and tail.
  • Height: 5'8'' (1.72 m)
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Enjoying :)
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 06:02:39 PM »
Thanks to you all! From now on I won't forget to make backups and I'll get some anti malware programs.
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.

Albert Einstein

Offline slim

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • ^^
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Black
  • Height: 65 kg
  • Weight: 1.70 cm
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 12:35:44 AM »
Well first of all you should use a good antivirus to prevent all that crap coming for your pc (and ofc don't click or download everything you saw on internet).
Atm the only good antivirus you can get is kaspersky internet security 2016 (check the resuts at [size=78%]http://www.av-comparatives.org/[/size] )

Just install a fresh windows version with some essencial programs and later make a backup (and save on a external HDD for example), next time you got that just use the backup because it saves a lot of time.
  • Avatar by: Made by the one and only leslax <3
"The ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do."

Offline VoodooMax

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Orange and White
  • Height: 5 Feet 11 Inches
  • Weight: 130 pounds
  • Build: Slender
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 05:54:12 PM »
The problem will not get better on its own, I suggest backing up any important files and formatting your PC to factory defaults.