The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: YouTube Channel Tips For Everyone  (Read 927 times)

guest22811

YouTube Channel Tips For Everyone
« on: July 21, 2016, 10:55:38 PM »
Just some tips for people who want to start a channel on YouTube!

YouTube Channel Tips

Choosing a channel name!
- Don't copy someone else's channel name, come up with something unique!
- DON'T put any underscores, dashes or dots in your channel name if possible! They make your channel name look messy and unorganised!
- Try to avoid putting the word 'swag', 'dank', or any other "meme" word in your channel name. It's boring and everyone is doing it.
- Capitalise the first letter of each phrase in your channel name. For example, 'PewDiePie' looks way better than 'pewdiepie.'
- If you can't think of a username, some ideas are to
  • Use a strange word from a dictionary
  • Combine two words together!
  • Ask your friends of course
Your Ideas
When you create a channel, you need an idea! Ask yourself: Why are you making this channel? What are you going to make?
I don't suggest you to make 'Let's play's', 'vlogging', 'reacting' or 'pranks' because there are already a lot of channels which make this type of content!
Do something more unique!
If you truly can't think of anything unique to do, it's ok, some channels are very similar to eachother! Give everything a go and see how you do.

Your Videos
- Make a nice thumbnail that appeals to the eyes! Add nice color schemes and a big bold title!
- Name all your videos intelligently. Don't make clickbait-type video titles, it's kinda annoying.
- Put a video description. I often find that descriptions with a small paragraph explaining the video get more attention compared with one simple short sentence.
- Make your video fullscreen, aka 16:9 or 1920x1080p. It looks better, trust me.

Subscribers.
When you start making videos, you may start asking yourself 'Why don't I have more subscribers?'
- Channels with very less videos don't get many subscribers unless they are extremely appealing and fascinating. Trust me, it's hard but you seriously need to keep making videos to get subscribers! I only hit 25 subscribers on my 6th video! The amount of subs you get over time will increase if you continue making good quality content.

Thanks for taking your time to read this post!

Ask questions if you like.

Check out my channel:
www.youtube.com/c/euharmonics

Offline YourUnknownHost

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Species: Cat
  • Coloring: Grey
  • Build: Slightly Skinny
  • Currently: Im back ^w^
Re: YouTube Channel Tips For Everyone
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 10:02:13 PM »
Never made any videos but this is all speculation:
-Reaction Channels are horrible unless you have more content like discussing more than "stealing the video" and dont have a vietnam flashback face while your doing it with a face cam (Pyrocynical is a good example of a GOOD reaction channel)
-Usernames are best if there memorable,unique and pronounceable.
-Lets plays are ok if you have a great personality while doing it. People watch let's plays because they want to see YOU play it not a person saying nothing.
-Experimentation is good handled in small quantities.
Also you have a nice youtube channel :D
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 10:04:51 PM by YourUnknownHost »