Author Topic: Favorite artist is depressed and has financial trouble. What can I do to help?  (Read 347 times)

Offline Bitech

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
One of my favorite furry artists just opened up about her life's struggles:

http://hornedfreak.tumblr.com/post/147591821317/meanwhile-my-life-just-keeps-getting-crazier

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hornedfreak/

She has endured childhood bullying, an abusive father and anxiety. Right now she's dealing with anxiety, undiagnosed depression, a sick mother with a heart condition, and a recently unemployed brother with a child.

She's been taking on commissions to help with her and her family's finances but it doesn't seem to be enough and is affecting her physical and mental health. She has lost interest in eating, drawing, horseback riding, and waking up every morning.

She's a very talented artist, plays World of Warcraft, and loves Star Wars, horseback riding and nature photography. She is located in Latvia. She has dealt a lot of things going on her life but now she's reaching a breaking point.

What can I do to help her?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 11:08:39 PM by Bitech »

Offline Ori

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • "You can't see me" - John Cena
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Warm Grey, red, black
  • Height: 5ft 6 ish,
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Skinny, Scrawny.
  • Currently: Working on college homework
You can always giver her money that always helps but... For the long run, you can suggest ideas that can turn into business opportunities in the long run. T-shirt making sites,  like Teespring, may do her good if she's talented. (Especially if she makes shirts for what she likes to do like horseback riding, and she has a sense of humor.)  The only other thing I can suggest is finding a partner to help her work on a big project. (Like a game, or something smaller like a board game.) Or selling tutorials might help. (Like Matt Core does.) But honestly the best thing she can do is make money with a job. It's the most immediate source of income. Wish I could suggest more, but that's all I've got. Wish her the best of luck for me?
My name is Ori.

I am totally not trying to impersonate Edward Scissorhands. Who is that anyway?
Also I am humming this is Halloween.
Also John Cena Memes don't die. (John Cena theme blares in background)