The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Casting New Show for MTV - Questions about Furry Conventions! Please Help!  (Read 3842 times)

Offline casting_846

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat
 Here is the casting call for the show -- it is as real as can be! I'm sorry I offended people -- we will no longer be pursuing any angles involving the furry community. It's not right for this show. Thank you.

http://www.mtv.com/casting-calls/documentary-series

« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 11:21:26 PM by casting_846 »

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
Not sure if I'd be comfortable being interviewed without at least reviewing any of your previous works, would you mind sharing some of your previous works and explain why we should believe this is not yet another sensationalist production wanting to portray furries as the worst fetishists and whatnot (picking on the "weirdos'' like all other media loves to do).

Since you asked nicely, I'll give you a quick rundown though of your questions, however;

1. Yes, the community consists of all kinds of people, ranging from entire families to single individuals. A rather well known example is Dr. Samuel Conway (known in the community as Uncle Kage), chairman of Anthrocon, whose parents were both part of the fandom as seniors.

2. There's a huge variation in people who attend conventions as well; Some people go alone, some people bring an entire group of friends. Personally, I've attended them with a limited few friends and then met new friends during the convention as result.
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Styxx Von Doom

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Anubian (closed species)
  • Coloring: black/gold/red
  • Currently: Kal kek m'al shol'va!
Hi there!

My name is Rebecca - I'm a casting producer at MTV and casting for a new documentary and I am doing research on the furry community. I have a few questions that I would love answered. One being, are families ever in the furry community together? Do they go to the conventions together or is that mostly couples/singles?

I would love to chat with someone who could enlighten me on everything! Please email me at [email protected] if you'd like to chat!

Why so curious? This makes me wonder if you are honestly going to skew our beloved fandom like everyone else. It's bad enough that we have so much hate and even have people who tell us to kill our selves.  So it is obvious why one would seem so skeptical. And MTV in its self sensationalized teen pregnancy making it "cool" does not really help your image either.

I may be willing to speak with you but if I feel that there are ANY discrepancies we will have problems...
Mak tal shree! Lok tak. Mekta satak Styxx! Mok tal Styxx kree!
(I am the great and powerful Styxx)

"I wade through the fields of punishment; the wretched faces of the damned reflect in the shadows of the folds, as if their very souls were stitched within the fabric of my black robes. Though I come from darkness, and the riches beneath the world are mine to bestow, I still begin my day with the splendor of this little… roasted… bean."

Lord Frosty Butt

:^3

Offline Synth-Fox

• Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
  • The official creator of the word "kisu"
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
  • Coloring: White Fur and long Brown Hair
  • Height: 5,11
  • Build: Average build
MTV was only good in the 1980's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  XD     get some good music back!!!  XP    Depeche mode, Duran Duran, Pet Shop Boys, Japan!!!! bring em all back!!!! and cancel all those new shows and rubbish songs that my sister likes!!!  XD     
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 10:24:38 PM by Synth-Fox »

"A Brief Period Of Rejoicing"

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
Synth, you forgot Queen, Bronski Beat, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Dire Straits, Madness, etc.

Offline Synth-Fox

• Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
    • Awards

hopefully you'll take that seriously and just show re-runs of MTV from 1981-1993 from now on.. XD   anywho.... people are so quick to judge with our fandom... everyone seems to think that furries are obsessed with sex and are simply part of a fetish.... not true... not at all true!! we all have very interesting chats here on the forum.... from anything like cars, music, cooking and politics.. just to name a few.... everyone here on the forum, and in the entire fandom are all very friendly and kind... there's always  some one around for me to talk to if I'm down or angry.. and visa-versa.. if anyones feeling unhappy them selves, I do my best to help them out.... I think people really need to meet us first before they jump to conclusions and listen to stereotypes about us.... were all very friendly and love meeting new people! we come from all different walks of life and all have vary diverse ideas and ambitions.. and welcome anyone to join! ^_^   

btw... Good call briket! X3   bring back synth-pop!!!!!

Offline Styxx Von Doom

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
After doing some research and administrative NEEDS  to close this a.s.a.p.! This person is not who she claims. And will make this a fetish farce. I urge anyone and everyone to get this thread closed, I knew this was too fishy

"I wade through the fields of punishment; the wretched faces of the damned reflect in the shadows of the folds, as if their very souls were stitched within the fabric of my black robes. Though I come from darkness, and the riches beneath the world are mine to bestow, I still begin my day with the splendor of this little… roasted… bean."

Lord Frosty Butt

Offline Synth-Fox

• Yellow Yak
    • Awards
are you serious!!  >:(    what the hell!!!

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
The person is legit, however the reason is unknown

Offline Styxx Von Doom

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
http://www.barcroftproductions.com/

Please look at this and see the proof for yourself... as proof is the absolute truth. People like this piss me off.

Post Merge: June 29, 2016, 10:55:24 PM
The person is legit, however the reason is unknown

The person is a legit producer, yes but everything else is bullshit. Wake the hell up...

Lord Frosty Butt

Offline Synth-Fox

• Yellow Yak
    • Awards

is the proof that she's not part of their team??

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
    • Awards
https://twitter.com/Rebecca_Mich

Ofcourse, there is always a pull for attention and sensation

Offline Synth-Fox

• Yellow Yak
    • Awards
I'm still not really  sure what the evidence is... or how to locate it.... still.. I'm gonna be real mad if someone's just lying to us to try and prove that were a bunch of freaks.... to be fair, she's the creepy one... if what you say is true styxx...

Offline Styxx Von Doom

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
https://twitter.com/Rebecca_Mich

Ofcourse, there is always a pull for attention and sensation

Like Bricket used I chose not to as it didn't show who they worked with, BUT with that said you see both of these and will know this is a BAD BAD idea.

Synthetic please look up as I posted the link to their site and scroll all the way down to see who they work with

Lord Frosty Butt

Offline Air Wolf

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
I found something myself Styxx and it's proof that she's legit
http://www.mtv.com/casting-calls/documentary-series

Post Merge: June 29, 2016, 11:30:35 PM
Apparently it's the first time she had worked with MTV
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 11:33:38 PM by Air Wolf »