The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: ocean videos!  (Read 3475 times)

Offline Calun the Bat

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • But Nobody Came
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Spectacled Flying Fox
  • Coloring: dark brown main, sandy/gold secondary, assorted blues. Black/maroon eyes.
  • Height: 6' 00"
  • Weight: 185
  • Reference: [link]
ocean videos!
« on: June 20, 2016, 12:38:24 AM »
Hey everyone. I recently got a GoPro, and started logging my scuba dives. (only two so far, and one location).

If you dig the ocean and sea critters, give it a look, maybe? I also have a video uploaded from April, which is MUCH better water quality, so it has a better image than this one. But this one has more animals!

https://youtu.be/qA83CN-kbic

Ironically, I've been working with one of my close friends who's an artist on fine tuning my aquatic 'sona. :3
"The world is what you make of it, sir! If it doesn't fit, you make alterations."

Offline PossumDeMort

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Equal Oppertunity Romantic
    • Awards
  • Species: Possum
  • Currently: Lurking...
Re: ocean videos!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 12:52:16 AM »
went snorkeling at the channel islands just north at Scorpion Anchorage, sooooo beautiful, first time i had ever seen anything like that in person, the spider crab bigger than myself gave me a heart attack!

Offline Folic Acid

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • I am only &%$#@!% human what am I supposed to do?
  • Species: Hyena
  • Coloring: Grey, black spots, and a green mohawk
  • Height: 6'0
  • Weight: 110 lbs.
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: Hating what I have become...
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 01:07:52 AM »
You have a new subscriber haha!
“A joker is a little fool who is different from everyone else. He's not a club, diamond, heart, or spade. He's not an eight or a nine, a king or a jack. He is an outsider. He is placed in the same pack as the other cards, but he doesn't belong there. Therefore, he can be removed without anybody missing him.”
I'm that Joker!

Pet's name: Zuknaer
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Calun the Bat

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • But Nobody Came
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Coloring: dark brown main, sandy/gold secondary, assorted blues. Black/maroon eyes.
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 03:56:29 AM »
went snorkeling at the channel islands just north at Scorpion Anchorage, sooooo beautiful, first time i had ever seen anything like that in person, the spider crab bigger than myself gave me a heart attack!

Ooooh. That's awesome! So far the excitement has been limited to sea slugs, big wrasse, and a ray (not on cam). But I did spy a flying fish pop out and splash down, as well as a raft of sea lions! :D
I'd love to find a crab like that some day. There's lots of lobsters down here though. XD

Post Merge: June 20, 2016, 03:57:35 AM
You have a new subscriber haha!

Hey! Thanks very much! I used to post other fandom videos or odd con footage once and again, but now it's pretty much just diving. lol Hoping to add other stuff though! Not monetized, so it's just for fun.
"The world is what you make of it, sir! If it doesn't fit, you make alterations."

Offline Folic Acid

• Jovial Jaguar
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 03:57:36 AM »
Haha that is cool i watched some of the video
“A joker is a little fool who is different from everyone else. He's not a club, diamond, heart, or spade. He's not an eight or a nine, a king or a jack. He is an outsider. He is placed in the same pack as the other cards, but he doesn't belong there. Therefore, he can be removed without anybody missing him.”
I'm that Joker!

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
  • Species: aussie sergal
  • Coloring: black and purple
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 50 kilograms
  • Build: in shape
  • Currently: hello darkness my old friend
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 04:30:40 AM »
will watch soon

also for spider crabs right now in Melbourne aus they are everywhere because of their sheading season

also im lucky i have a old navey ship just off the cost (cant dive myself yet sadly need a car first) btw to find it HMAS brisbane

to clarify: local transport and cabs dont like you taking a tank of anytime in their car or bus
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 04:38:11 AM by saph the sergal »
on land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own

i have a very dry sense of humor be careful around me :D

Offline Calun the Bat

• Chatty Cheetah
  • But Nobody Came
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 05:03:39 AM »
will watch soon

also for spider crabs right now in Melbourne aus they are everywhere because of their sheading season

also im lucky i have a old navey ship just off the cost (cant dive myself yet sadly need a car first) btw to find it HMAS brisbane

to clarify: local transport and cabs dont like you taking a tank of anytime in their car or bus

Oh, very cool! We have a couple wrecks you can find around here, but they're generally fairly deep. (Calfornia's got a steep shelf instead of a nice slope) I hope I can dive a wreck someday!
Australia's on my list for diving someday. Same with Phillipines, Bonaire, and Belize.
I get that about the transport. It's the same on the beaches here too. Except on Catalina Island. Someone actually made a business out there for luggage, and they offer a deal on transporting diver gear, which is nice.

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2016, 05:06:50 AM »
well the tech diving is a bit far for most

need a wreak cert to dive ships of any kind here amd theres not that many big ones unless you time it right with some seasons

mm as soon as i get my ute (truck over there) ill be able to dive mostly anywhere in aus

edits:

the reason for a ute is i will be doing twins of steel and aluminum so i can pull into secret spots and go diving for abit and the ute will have a slide on camper so if need be i can dive for 2 days 2 dives a day
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 06:26:34 AM by saph the sergal »

Offline Folic Acid

• Jovial Jaguar
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2016, 05:07:29 AM »
Bama has some nice lakes haha and you might be able to find a fishin' boat if you go down into it... or a gator... lol
I'm that Joker!

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2016, 04:11:18 AM »
! No longer available

i guess you can say they are crabby?

Offline Calun the Bat

• Chatty Cheetah
  • But Nobody Came
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2016, 08:58:25 AM »
Bama has some nice lakes haha and you might be able to find a fishin' boat if you go down into it... or a gator... lol

Haha, yeah, miiiiiiight be a bit careful out there.  XD

Post Merge: June 21, 2016, 09:03:41 AM
Well. That's a whole lotta crabs. lol That'd be a lot of fun to dive. And that makes sense. My dive buddy (and currently only really reliable dive partner being my dad, who I got into scuba after being out of it for 30+ years  :o ) and I were talking about using the new camper he bought a couple years ago, and other tank options. Between us both we have about four tanks now. Including a crazy conversion tank our family friend had created from a Firefighter tank when he was active. (he's a retired FF captain)

That kind of planning is smart, and I've been thinking along similar lines over here. Our friends who took over the local shop (and they're WAY better) also told us a couple secrets regarding local dive landmarks. It's pretty cool!

I find for the most part divers are usually pretty cool folks, either way. Though you do run into the 'bad ones' now and again. I've been lucky so far, though.

! No longer available

i guess you can say they are crabby?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 09:03:41 AM by Vampyrum, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2016, 09:21:11 AM »
mm with getting my bf into it i may need more tanks :D

atleast 2 of both sets will be nitrox ( yay longer bottom times)

the camper will be for touring aus aswell (230 liters of water onboard)

and i know how to make a old scuba tank into a great air tank for fun things like truck air horns

Offline Calun the Bat

• Chatty Cheetah
  • But Nobody Came
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2016, 12:08:31 AM »
Haha, yeah more air tanks indeed!

That's pretty awesome. I've not gotten around to Nitrox air yet. Still running pretty basic.

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2016, 12:30:51 AM »
Haha, yeah more air tanks indeed!

That's pretty awesome. I've not gotten around to Nitrox air yet. Still running pretty basic.

just remember you need to keep the tanks for nitrox o2 clean otherwise you can be in alot of trouble

Offline Calun the Bat

• Chatty Cheetah
  • But Nobody Came
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2016, 02:23:14 AM »
just remember you need to keep the tanks for nitrox o2 clean otherwise you can be in alot of trouble

Aye. I'm also the kind of diver who dives for the sake of enjoying the sea and getting to live in another world. So I'm a very relaxed, but also very focused and properly careful. I'll always take proper precautions and triple check gear and such. I'll get there eventually, but probably not for a little while.