The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Video-editing software?  (Read 1796 times)

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: {Aiklar http://aiklarspecies.webs.com/} & {Eastern Dragon}
  • Coloring: {Black, light blue, purple, turquoise, red and dark blue} & {Purple, lavender, sea green & black}
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 115 lb
  • Build: Lean
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Recuperating
Video-editing software?
« on: June 07, 2016, 10:50:27 PM »
I'm using Windows Movie Maker right now, but I want to have a video overlay when I record playthroughs and whatnot with a webcam and the game playing in the larger portion of the screen, like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RI4Q4QJiZc

I downloaded the program, but there's a big watermark. Does anyone know of any free programs, or editing software that can do this that I could buy at a store or amazon without a subscription?

Offline slim

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • ^^
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Black
  • Height: 65 kg
  • Weight: 1.70 cm
Re: Video-editing software?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 10:52:39 PM »
Well you can use OBS.
  • Avatar by: Made by the one and only leslax <3
"The ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do."

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Coloring: {Black, light blue, purple, turquoise, red and dark blue} & {Purple, lavender, sea green & black}
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 11:13:02 PM »
Yeah, but I don't have an actual webcam, I'd be using a camera to record. My parents have a thing for not having webcams in the house -_- I tried messing with that tho ;-;

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 11:16:12 PM »
OBS is just software on your computer and you can select it to record your computer screen with. No watermark, no extra camera or webcam needed :)
It's free to use too ^^

You can use the footage you recorded with and edit it with any video editing program if need be.
I personally use After Effects (Adobe).
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 11:21:39 PM »
Yuppers! I'm asking if anyone knows of a video editing software that can do a two video overlay after my recording session is over, like shown in the video in the link, that doesn't use a subscription :) I already messed with bitrates and colors in OBS for all the games I play :) I want to do a kind of webcam with my playthroughs, and I can do that with obs, the only problem is I have nothing to connect the video of mai face to my computer for real time. So I was planning on recording with my camera and using OBS to record the game, and sync those two videos up when I edit them :)

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 10:25:28 AM »
Yuppers! I'm asking if anyone knows of a video editing software that can do a two video overlay after my recording session is over, like shown in the video in the link, that doesn't use a subscription :) I already messed with bitrates and colors in OBS for all the games I play :) I want to do a kind of webcam with my playthroughs, and I can do that with obs, the only problem is I have nothing to connect the video of mai face to my computer for real time. So I was planning on recording with my camera and using OBS to record the game, and sync those two videos up when I edit them :)

0BS can do the video overlay real-time, actually. I can even show  you how if you need me to.

If you want to do this in post,  I recommend using Blender. (which is  free)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 10:29:05 AM by George »

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 11:19:16 AM »
Does it work with a usb connection from the camera to the computer? I've never gotten that to work, or it shuts off when it is connected to a computer. That's the only connector I have with my Nikon. And Blender destroyed my computer, soooo if I can avoid that XD It is a great program though.

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2016, 03:59:24 PM »
Does it work with a usb connection from the camera to the computer?

I don't think so. The USB is just for transferring files, correct?

Regardless, 0BS should still work if you can't use Blender. I'll update the post when I figure out how.

Update: This plugin looks like it's for what you're talking about.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 04:03:46 PM by George »

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2016, 02:44:00 PM »
ooo I'll be sure to check that out! Thanks!