The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Total newbie  (Read 1433 times)

Offline Dorian

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat
  • Coloring: Ginger/orange with white inner ear, toes and tail tip, blue eyes, yellow hair.
Total newbie
« on: May 26, 2016, 04:29:36 AM »
Hello!

I'm a total newbie here and in the furry fandom. I have been interested in and curious about it for years, since I used to have a couple of friends who were furries and I was always fascinated by what they did and the art they created but I never picked up the courage to look more into it.. Until now.

So my name is Jake. I'm 29 (I don't know if that makes me one of the older ones on here) I'm a Trans guy and I live in england. I am a music promoter (I organise and host rock concerts) and my interests are pretty much anything creative mainly art (mainly mixed media, I customize notebooks, make goggles and jewellery, abstract canvas art etc but I really suck at drawing) and creative writing.

As I say I'm really new to the whole furry scene, I've always loved looking at anthro art (mainly due to my love of anime with a lot of it being in a similar style) but I haven't even fully developed my fursona yet (though I know he is definitely a domestic cat, he is ginger with a couple of white details, blonde hair and blue eyes. I'm still deciding on a name but am thinking of going with my own middle name- "Dorian") I've really just come here to actually talk to people within the community, learn more and hopefully finally embrace  this part of me that I've ignored for a long time now.  ^_^

Hope to chat to you all soon  :)

Offline Rainbowbulldog

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Bear
  • Coloring: Brown fur with darker arms and legs
  • Height: 5'11
  • Weight: 220 lbs
  • Build: Chubby
  • Currently: Thinking about food
Re: Total newbie
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 05:26:22 AM »
Hi there!  :D Nice to meet you  :)

Welcome to the forum  ^_^ I hope you'll have a nice time here. There are a lot of topics around here that will probably interest you  :)

If you like anime can you recommend a series for me to watch? I just finished Kill la kill (very weird but extremely awesome  X3 ). Ooh and have you seen Beyond the Boundary or From the New World?
This would have been better if there was punch and pie

Offline PossumDeMort

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • Equal Oppertunity Romantic
    • Awards
  • Species: Possum
  • Currently: Lurking...
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 06:14:58 AM »
Wats up see you around! have a poptart on da house!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Doops

• Chatty Cheetah
  • Bad story writer/Okay artist
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: A magenta coat with a dark-grey belly
  • Height: 1.9 Meters (6.5 Feet)
  • Weight: 72kg (160lbs)
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chillin'
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 07:45:44 AM »
well that makes two. I'm also extremly new to the fandom (just joined aprox 3-4 days ago so yeah)

Offline Dorian

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Ginger/orange with white inner ear, toes and tail tip, blue eyes, yellow hair.
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 02:22:58 AM »
Hi there!  :D Nice to meet you  :)

Welcome to the forum  ^_^ I hope you'll have a nice time here. There are a lot of topics around here that will probably interest you  :)

If you like anime can you recommend a series for me to watch? I just finished Kill la kill (very weird but extremely awesome  X3 ). Ooh and have you seen Beyond the Boundary or From the New World?

well I tend to watch the overly cute animes to be honest, mainly because the only mangas my local library ever have are Shoji beat :P I've recently been reading and watching ultra maniac but my all time favourite is probably gravitation. also K-on is a great series.
one of the first mangas I read was called RG veda, that was weird but it was seriously good. I don't think it was ever made into an anime though (if it has I'm yet to track it down!) it's definitely worth a read though!
I haven't seen beyond the boundary and I haven't even heard of from the new world but I will definitely add them to my list of ones I need to watch ^_^ (this list is getting as big as my arm now haha)

Offline GilRiant83

• Avid Aardvark
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: In the works
  • Currently: Staying in my lane
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 03:16:27 AM »
This is quite the coincidence but I am also a trans guy with a booking company who had friends who were furries but ignored my interest in it until recently :o

Offline Kara

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • "That's what's up."
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Coywolfdog
  • Coloring: Shades of gray with other colors mixed in
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 195lbs
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Wheeeee
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2016, 03:40:11 AM »

Hi, welcome to the forum. Feel free to drop by.
I'm very edgy and salty though, so be careful.
Welcome, Child, To the wishing well. You ask for heaven, we give you hell.

---
I do commissions on dA! throw a PM at me if you're interested!

Offline Dorian

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2016, 10:16:01 AM »
This is quite the coincidence but I am also a trans guy with a booking company who had friends who were furries but ignored my interest in it until recently :o

That's an amazing coincidence ^_^ and we have the best job ever (though very stressful! I'm working on planning 8 big shows at the moment gah)

Offline Argrath

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon (Demon Dragon) / Otter!
  • Coloring: Black / dark charcoal gray body, emerald green chest / underside, red eyes and white spine-spikes.
  • Height: 213 cm
  • Build: Rather skinny
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2016, 01:54:17 PM »
Hey Jake/Dorian, I'm Argrath! Nice to meet you  ^_^ I always love to meet "older" members, You're almost twice my age ! XD (That is very cool imo)
Enjoy your stay, Cheers!
  • Signature art by: I don't know xD
Telegram: Argraththedragon / NeoOtter

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2016, 12:02:19 AM »
Welcome to the forums and the fandom, Dorian (Or should I say Jake?) :)
It's nice to see someone around who is a bit older. I do believe a lot of members are quite young, but there should be some older members around as well. So have no fear :P

It's nice to have read you are a music promoter and that you have other various things you're doing. Sounds all cool. Keep up the good work ^^
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter