The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Beastopian Tails (open RP)  (Read 4239 times)

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Currently: Abandoned profile
Beastopian Tails (open RP)
« on: May 22, 2016, 03:13:35 PM »
Based on "Zootopia" (Disney/Pixar Inc. All rights reserved) I made my own big city named "Beastopia".
Also from this city is said you can be anything you want.

Ok, the rules:
Normal board rules apply.
The RP is set in the 21st century. Today, if you will.
New characters must be introduced in this way:
Name
Age (over 18 if job is other than "scholar" or "none")
Gender (non-binary ones not allowed)
Species
Current job (can be nearly anything)
Current adress (anywhere is OK, but don't live with ohters if they don't want to. Contact the homeowners first.)

City info:
Capital of Animaland
Uses European metric units and thus commas are used for decimals instead of periods.
Currency is the Animalandian Gheo (ยง)
Supports magic, but is the only place in the country to do so.
Some police facilities (jail, academy) are located at a small distance from the city. The airport and harbour are also located outside the city, but remain possible locations for characters to be in.
Remember: magic is not supported, and thus not possible in these locations.
Surrounded by grassland with a small forest seen in the northeast.
Divided in 5 sectors:
  • Sterling Square, the center of the city. The other sections sandwich this one like a donut. Here is where the most important buildings are found. Known for making up the city's skyline.
  • Soothing Sea, ocean artificial biome. Home to aquatic natives. Known for the eternal wind and for being an excellent beach vacation spot.
  • Intriguing Icefields, tundra artificial biome. Home to arctic natives. Known for being very cold and for being an awesome ski area.
  • Dashing Desert, desert artificial biome. Home to desert natives. Known for having exotic architecture and for being the most expensive sector to live in.
  • Refreshing Rainforest, rainforest artificial biome. Home to rainforest natives. Known for its huge upside down showerheads that create rain.
A tram line connects the sectors and allows fast, public transport.
Walls divide the sections. Also an outer city wall is present.
If you have questions please PM me or turn to the companion board.

Name: Fayam Aerial
Species: White-tailed Sea Eagle
Current job: Mayor
Current adress: Greenway 34, Sterling Square
Name: Anna Steen
Species: White Lion
Current job: Garbage girl
Name: Mary Love
Species: Black Sheep
Current job: Bartender of "The Anthro", cafe
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 01:35:57 PM by Fayam Aerial »

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
Re: Beastopian Tails (open RP)
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 08:05:03 PM »
*Greenway 34, Sterling Square*
Fayam's alarm clock bleated. He silenced it and got up. Outside it was still dark. "6:00", the clock said. He rubbed himself in the eyes, yawned and went to do his morning ritual of shower, breakfast and getting ready for work. His friends, who lived with him, still slept. He knew "The Anthro" wouldn't open for another hour and today was not garbage take day. But, alas, mayors have to be early up to tackle the city.

Anna still slept like a block. The bleat of Fayam's alarm clock woke her up a bit. She lazily opened an eye. "Hm... for mayors it's early day," she muttered. She turned around and tried to get some more sleep.

Mary didn't even notice Fayam's clock. She just kept snoring silently.

Offline Kittenthetigress

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Promote Love. Abolish Hate. Believer of One Love
    • Awards
  • Species: White Bengal Tiger
  • Coloring: White and black stripes
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 250
  • Build: Curvy and muscular, wide hips, slim waist, moderately busty
  • Currently: Lonely and lost.
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 11:16:41 AM »
Name: Kitten Marie Tigre
Species: White Bengal Tiger
Job: Secretary/College Student
Address: 155 Apt. A Canopy Ln,  Refreshing Rainforest

*laying in her bed her alarm sirens for the forth snooze cycle. She rolls over and looks at the time. 9am.* damn it...I'm late again *frantically she rolls out of her bed rummaging through her closet she manages to find a black pencil skirt and a white button up top. She squeezes her paws into her black stiletto heels. Taking a glance in the mirror she takes another look at the clock. She'll have to apply her make up on the go as usual. Snatching up her purse she looks around her messy apartment* I really got to clean this up... *quickly making her way down the stairs she makes a mad dash for the bus stop to Sterling Square, barely making it on time she gets on the bus and sighs a breath of relief* if the bus driver drives fast, I'll only be 20 minutes late *she chuckles softly and gazes out the window, wishing she were still in the comfort of her bed*

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 02:46:57 PM »
At 6:30 Mary's alarm went, and it also woke up Anna because they shared a room. They both went downstairs and got to see Fayam had already left to get to the city hall. Fortunately he didn't clear the table from his breakfast, so they could get on with it quickly. After breakfast Mary went to get ready for her work at "The Anthro", while Anna stayed at home.

Fayam, in the meantime, already arrived at the city hall, wearing his green mayor outfit. The city hall was located near the central park, which had the emblem of Beastopia paved on it. The emblem carried a bear pawprint with a circle around it. It was also found on Fayam's outfit on one breast, but there a 5-pointed star surrounded it with "MAYOR" spelled in the points. His other breast had a name tag saying nothing but "Aerial".

Offline Kittenthetigress

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 08:22:58 PM »
*she walks through the doors of city hall to see Mr . Aerial looking over at her empty desk shaking his head in disappointment. Her heels click against the tile as she makes her way to her desk* I am SO sorry I'm late sir. So so sorry. I'll get busy right away *she tosses her purse into the filing cabinet below her desk and signs into the computer system. She bites her lip and prays that she will not be fired. She needs this job to pay for her schooling....and all of her bills*

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 01:50:39 PM »
Fayam no longer cared for the emblem. He passed it nearly every day anyway. Instead he headed in the city hall, and was greeted by the receptionist. He also expected to see his secretary there, but she wasn't present. He asked the receptionist: "Have you seen Secretary Tigre?" The receptionist had no option but to deny. Fayam sighed. "I'll be in my office," he said, and made for the stairs. At the end of the hallway was his office. He went in and bent over his paperwork.

Mary had left home already and cycled to the cafe, that was just a few blocks away. She went in and started making preparations for the day to start. At 7:30 she opened the cafe, ready for customers.

Anna at home went through the morning paper of Tuesday, 6 October. Not much interesting news. The weather forecast was more of use. It said: "TODAY: clouds and moderate winds. TOMMOROW: Rain, but weak wind." "Drat," Anna said, "Rain during my worktime. I hate that." It wasn't a secret felynes disliked water.

Offline Kittenthetigress

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2016, 12:59:00 AM »
*sighs softly* I am so late... there's no way he's going to let this one slide... *she walks into city hall smiling she waves at the receptionist who informs her that the mayor had asked about her whereabouts. She paused her breath hitching in her through "this could be bad" she thought to herself. She walked over to her desk set her things down and grabbed some paperwork from her filing cabinet. Turning to the receptionist she mutters* wish me luck and walks toward the mayors office knocking lightly at the door*

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2016, 11:21:03 AM »
The receptionist indeed warned Fayam about Marie's coming. He also asked the receptionist to send Marie to his office. When Fayam heard the knocking, he knew it'd be his secretary. "Come in!" he called, sliding the paperwork aside for the nasty conversation that would take place.

In the early hours few made use of the bar of "The Anthro", so Mary usually took a book with her to read in the back. Like usual the bar bell didn't ring at all. Just wait 'till the evening, Mary thought, Then I'll be making drinks for hours on end.

Anna simply relaxed at home. The street she lived at was a relatively calm one, but still plenty of traffic made its way through it.

Offline Kittenthetigress

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2016, 11:38:35 AM »
*quietly entered the office head bowed and ears nearly flat against her head she slowly made her way to his desk, her heels clicking gently against the tile floor* i...*she stopped. She knew that she was in trouble and didn't wish to make it worse by speaking. The next words she spoke were soft and nearly inaudible* may I sit?

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2016, 01:16:37 PM »
Fayam cast a piercing glance at Marie. He was known for being really direct. He sneered: "Have a seat." He paused for a bit. "You're late, Secretary Tigre," he continued, "and I want to know why. In this position you should be able to handle this responsibility." He stood up and started pacing around his office, but keeping a piercing glance at Marie.

Mary had already taken her book and submitted to the story.

Anna at home also took a book out.

Offline Kittenthetigress

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2016, 01:29:41 PM »
*started playing with her tail nervously* I am so so sorry mayor aerial. I stayed up really late last night studying for finals. I have two this week and I really need to pass both to keep my financial aid. I promise you it won't happen again *she looks up to meet his eyes, hers soft green and glimmering slightly in the light* I can and will be responsible sir...I really love my job and the furs I work with. It's just been very difficult trying to balance work and school towards the end of this term...I only have one left until graduation. *her voice got softer and she looked to the floor again feeling rather disappointed in herself* please don't fire me.

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2016, 01:36:40 PM »
Fayam turned his gaze to th floor and thought. After a while he turned back and said: "Perhaps you should've finished your school before applying for work here. But furtunately I won't fire you. I--" He got interrupted by someone knocking the door. "Who is there?" he yelled to it. "Your mail, mayor!" called the person back. That can only be the receptionist, Fayam thought.

Offline Kittenthetigress

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2016, 01:38:06 PM »
*looking up from the floor* would you like me to fetch that for you? *she begins to leave her seat in front of the desk awaiting a response*

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2016, 01:41:59 PM »
Fayam yelled to the receptionist: "Drop it on my desk, then." The receptionist threw a stack of letters on Fayam's desk. Then they looked at Marie with a much-saying gaze before leaving again. Fayam looked at Marie again, but his anger only partially subsided. "You're not going anywhere right now," he said to her.

Offline Kittenthetigress

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2016, 01:48:19 PM »
*sits back in her chair speaking softly* I needed this job in the beginning for an internship I was working on but then it grew into something that I truly began to love. I love being here sir I really do. I didn't think that school would've ever interfered with my work up until this morning *her tail lay limp in her lap her ears still pressed flat against her head she still spoke softly* I understand that you're disappointed and angry with me *her eyes rise to meet his* but I can promise you that this won't happen again....even if that means that I have to move from my apartment to Sterling Square... I want to prove to you that I want this. I've always thought that you supported my decision to stay in school *she caught herself and fell silent*