The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Tablet PC for drawing?  (Read 1006 times)

Offline Dax Declan

• Headphone Guy
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Mr. Misty-Eyed
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Purple-bluish
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Slim but toned
  • Reference: [link]
Tablet PC for drawing?
« on: May 10, 2016, 05:16:58 PM »
Now I don't draw but Jane does. I've been looking at getting her a tablet pc with a special pen to draw with. The budget I'm looking at is like $200-400. One I found was the Samsung series slate 7. I've looked online at reviews and they seemed solid and it's definitely in my budget. If anyone has the tablet or has used it I would love some feedback. Jane just really wants something with a display and she needs a computer too. If anyone has any better ideas I'd be happy to hear them.
I don't roleplay In any shape or form.

guest22811

Re: Tablet PC for drawing?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 11:34:56 PM »
Now I don't draw but Jane does. I've been looking at getting her a tablet pc with a special pen to draw with. The budget I'm looking at is like $200-400. One I found was the Samsung series slate 7. I've looked online at reviews and they seemed solid and it's definitely in my budget. If anyone has the tablet or has used it I would love some feedback. Jane just really wants something with a display and she needs a computer too. If anyone has any better ideas I'd be happy to hear them.

This is probably a very old topic, but you can try the surface. It comes with a pen (with pressure sensitivity).

However, it always gets faulty.

I've went through 4 already due to it's faulty-ness. It might be because I have an older version.

Offline Ori

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • "You can't see me" - John Cena
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Warm Grey, red, black
  • Height: 5ft 6 ish,
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Skinny, Scrawny.
  • Currently: Working on college homework
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 02:09:17 AM »
Sorry to shoot this down, but a PC Tablet fit for drawing within 200-400 Dollars is not a good idea. HOWEVER, If you're okay with it not being a PC, I can recommend this: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1. It's about 250, however runs android instead of windows. There are some... okay art apps you can buy to go with this, (My personal favorites being: Painter, Galaxy sketchbook.) If you really are in need of a PC tablet however, you can try an Asus Ep121. On Ebay it looks like they're about 250 used... Just don't expect to get much out of this thing. The battery life is horrendous. It's seriously old. You are not going to be running something like Photoshop on this thing unless you're making pixel art... XD (Don't even think about playing minecraft on this thing.) But you might be able to run some of the smaller things like Fire Alpaca or Paint Tool sai. The thing itself is great, stylus is sensitive e.t.c., it's just a lot of the programs are too powerful for it.
My name is Ori.

I am totally not trying to impersonate Edward Scissorhands. Who is that anyway?
Also I am humming this is Halloween.
Also John Cena Memes don't die. (John Cena theme blares in background)

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 08:04:11 AM »
For drawing I would highly suggest an actual drawing tablet. There are enough out there which fall in the price range or under. Even the good brands.
I went to search for Wacom products, I saw the following:

https://us-store.wacom.com/catalog/pen-tablets/intuos

If you scroll down, you'll see the various tablet sizes and their prices. The Small is just under $100,-, and the Medium is starting to get in the price range you're looking for.

Wacom's customer support is really great, and I would highly suggest buying a tablet directly -if possible- from them. And if your friend keeps the receipt, day of purchase, and anything does go wrong, and it's not her fault but the tablet's (for if it's manufacturer's fault, etc.), then in a lot of cases they'll fix it with no charge and pay for shipping costs too.
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter