The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Any fursuit makers "hanging" around?  (Read 986 times)

Offline NightQueen

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Demon Bat
  • Coloring: Bat colours :<
  • Height: 1ft (She smol)
  • Weight: 3lb
  • Build: Chub
  • Currently: Art Fart
Any fursuit makers "hanging" around?
« on: May 09, 2016, 09:25:56 PM »
Ok so I've been dying to get a suit and I'm looking to spend a little less than 2k.
I might buy from someone if they're stuff is good or ill just try and make my own.

So if your a suit maker and up for a full-suit digigrade, drop-crotch bat. Please comment your rate and examples.

Or if you know a good suit-maker, please send me their way.

Alternatively if you have advice on making your own suit, tutorials, ect. Those would be greatly appreciated.
  • Signature art by: By Morticia

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: {Aiklar http://aiklarspecies.webs.com/} & {Eastern Dragon}
  • Coloring: {Black, light blue, purple, turquoise, red and dark blue} & {Purple, lavender, sea green & black}
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 115 lb
  • Build: Lean
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Recuperating
Re: Any fursuit makers "hanging" around?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 01:12:19 PM »
The 'Where to get Fursuits' post near the top of this thread on the forums is a good place, or just doing a search and looking for the style you want is a good area to look, if you don't have any luck here!
http://makersdatabase.tumblr.com/ Is a great place, they sort their findings by toony/realistic/etc. and by region. The makers' company name is listed under each set of photos, and you can either go to the link the site has, or search online with that company name. Most have a price list on their website, if they have one.
I've also made a realistic fullsuit (posted on my youtube channel) that's also a bat :P and am working on the head for a toony one, so if you wan to try and make one, I'd be happy to help! It's a huge topic and would be a long post all in one go, but if you wanted me to halp yew with specific parts, just shoot me a PM or something :)
It's quite a bit cheaper to make your own, if you know how to use a sewing machine, etc. But the huge cost is the time it makes. Being my first one, the realistic suit took me around 5 months to do, working on it for 2-3 hours a week. Of course I was experimenting with a ton of things to see what worked and what didn't, but it still took a long time and made a pretty big mess. XD
Good luck!!!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 01:21:57 PM by Nori »