The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Third Crusades.  (Read 4552 times)

Offline Scheer

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • For The Order
    • Awards
  • Species: Thylacine
  • Coloring: Tan with black stripes.
  • Height: Just under 6 feet
  • Weight: Around 200 lbs
  • Build: Well built, Not stacked, but muscular none the less.
The Third Crusades.
« on: November 26, 2007, 12:33:43 AM »
RULES: I want a decent RP, please keep with the plot. Please post more then one sentence per post. Try to keep historically accurate. As for weapons, keep it European/Middle eastern. This Means NO Far east weapons (IE Kantans and that sort of stuff). Thats about it. Use common sense, and have fun eh?

>>The year is 1190, the third crusades are in full swing. Saladin leader of the Islamic forces has recently recaptured the kingdom of , Jerusalem. The holy land is in flames, Crusader King Richard the lion heart is north in the in the principality of Antioch fighting his was south, while Saladin is waiting for him, and the crusaders in the country in Tripoli. In the kingdom of Jerusalem All the crusaders cities have fallen, Jerusalem it self, then Acre. Edessa and Damascus have also fallen, and for the most part the crusaders have been pushed out of the holy land.

This RP Begins in a ruined fort, miles outside of the city of Acre A band of crusaders have managed to remain un-noticed here. There backgrounds very. Some are from the religious orders who under comand of the papal states are tasked with the defense of the holy land.  , others are simply soldiers who volunteered in Europe seeking adventure and riches Others are crusaders born and raised in the kingdom of Jerusalem who are defending there homes. This band of crusaders and soldiers have an impossible task,  to travel north in attempt to reconnect with The crusader forces, And there leader King Richard. There are two things standing in there way, the desert, and the entire Islamic army. They need to go through one, and avoid the other. If possible.

MAP http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2d/Near_East_1135.svg

name: Scheer
species: Thylacine
weapons: Main weapon is a Germanic Zweihänder 2 handed greatsword. Secondary weapons consist of a one handed war hammer, and a Knights Dagger.
Faction: Sovereign Order of Saint John of Jerusalem also known as The knights Hospitallers
hometown: Acre
Clothing: Full chainmail armor consisting of a Chain Mail Chausses, Chain mail hauberk and Chain  mail coif, also a chain mail Tail sleeve. Over the mail is a sleeveless Hospitallers Tunic, heavy leather belt, and a hooded cape. Oh my head, besides the coif Is a Steel Great Helm, left side painted black, right side painted white, brass oculars, with cross shaped vents on only the left side.
description: He is physically average. Just under 6 feet in hight, and of decent strength, He is in good health. He is a native to Acre, his parents arriving here from Europe  a few months before his birth.  He has devoted his entire life to the  Order of Saint John of Jerusalem, but recently, with the fall of the kingdom, and his first brutal taste  of war he questions his faith in his order, and questions his believes.

*Scheer yawns, leaning against  his sword his great helm under one arm, he stands on the ruined remains of forts walls looking to the east, towards the smoke which off in the distance rises from the sacked city of Acre. Behind that the sun is rising, casting long shadows over the empty desert. He has been watching all night, for other crusaders escaping the city, and for Saladin's forces. Behind him in the rundown fort, crusader refugees begin there day. The keep is empty, fallen in form years standing abandoned, But in some of the rundown huts life stirs. *
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 08:12:46 PM by Scheer »

Offline Merekat4

• Shadow Stalker
  • Avid Aardvark
    • My Fanfiction site
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline
Re: The Third Crusades.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 05:55:47 AM »
name: Kali
species: Shadow Cat
weapons: Islamic curved Bow and Arrows, Archers short sword
Faction: Escaped Slave
hometown: Unknown
Clothing: Light weight tattered white tunic with a heavy leather belt. Heavy leather boots that are too big for her. Dented chest plate and back plate mail that obviously don't match and are also too big.
Background: As a child she was brought to the Empire as an oddity and as a slave for the entertainment of the Sultan. Her will was never broken, and though well cared for, wanted freedom from her lord and master. The siege on Acre gave her the opportunity and means to escape. If captured, she knows death awaits.

*Kali had been hiding most of the day. She had found res bit in the form of an abandoned hut just near the fort. She knew that there would be European soldiers, refugees, and walking wounded getting out of the city. Kali knew she could hide amongst the people there. But best to keep hidden. She scavenged a few pieces of amour, a bow and some arrows, and a short sword that might come in handy should she be attacked. She knew it would not be any help should there be more that one or two attackers, but at least she would die with her dignity intact. Hopefully in the morning, she would be able to find people traveling out of the area that wanted to avoid the Sultan's soldiers as much as she did.*

"Life is like a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
http://merekat4.livejournal.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/~torirex

Offline Iggy Cullen

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
  • -:- My closet and I had a disagreement -:-
    • Myspace
    • Awards
  • Species: Small fox
  • Coloring: Light Blue
  • Height: 2'7
  • Weight: 42 lbs
  • Build: Extremely thin, Strong and Determined
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 06:26:22 PM »
name: Tris.
species: Cat.
weapons: short daggers, slipped into a light-weight belt.
Faction: Abondened runaway before adopted
hometown: Unknown
Clothing: small and defenceless chainmail, worn down chest and back plates made out of old scarps of metal. Wearing a leather belt to carry weapons, and tattered old brown coloured clothing.
Background: Fahter and mother died in the ruins of her home. Nothing left to care about, so desides to fight back at the people who had done this, still not sure of herself.
Description: Very skinny, as has not eaten well in years. small height at only 4 feet, weighing less than 5 stone. Strong determined face, but scared at heart at what lies ahead in their war.

*waking amongst the rubble, she looks around the mess of what used to be her room. Knowing that war was amongst her, she rose and put on her things. Stepping out, she examined the rubble that used to be her home, determined to fight back for her giths in this land - or at least, what was left of it.*
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 06:29:34 PM by xXxIggyxXx »

~~~ The Little One ~~~

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, Today is a gift, that's why we call it the PRESENT!

Offline Scheer

• Avid Aardvark
  • For The Order
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 01:21:00 AM »
* Scheer sighs and wipes the dust out of his eyes. To the east the sun sits just atop the horizon, slowly rising, casting an organ glow across the entire desert. The shadows grow shorter, the time must be around 6am. Scheer sighed not because of what had happened over the prior weeks, he and many other crusaders had fought well to defend Acre, and he was proud of it, he sighed because he knew that the task ahead would be dangerous and hard fought.  

He scratched his chin, and picking his Zweihänder up, laying it across his shoulder like a pole arm. He turns and walks down the ragged and ruined wall, balancing in some spots where it is crumbling. He follows it to the gate, which for the most part is gone, rotted away, and picked apart for firewood. He peers out towards the old, ruined huts that use to be a fine village, he thinks he sees movement around one of the outlying ones. He puts his helm on and grasps his sword in both paws, standing tall atop the ruined wall he watches, trying to figure out if someone is out there, or if its only shadows.*  

Offline Iggy Cullen

• Velvety Vole
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 06:09:14 PM »
*creeping out of the buildings shadows, she shook her fur to get the dust off, and held onto one of the daggers in her belt. knowing her mother and father were lay under the rubble, she knew immediatly that they were dead. But instead of greaving, she frowned and held the daggers tightly. She looked around, trying to see anyone else around, but all the other houses in the desert were the same, ruins.*

~~~ The Little One ~~~

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, Today is a gift, that's why we call it the PRESENT!

Offline Sareen

• Satan's pet
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 10 Poster
  • I'm Not Insane, Just Mentally Hilarious.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Your Nightmare >:3
    • Awards
  • Species: Cabbit
  • Coloring: Black, White and Neon Green
  • Height: 5'10''
  • Weight: 121.8 lb
  • Build: Hourglass
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Formally Known as Danta
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 06:56:12 PM »
name: Malia
species: White Wolf
weapons: Basic short sword
Faction:
hometown: unkown
Clothing: Light weight tattered black tunic with a kinnda heavy leather belt. Black boots that are too big for her. Chest plate and back plate mail  are just the right size.
Description: has a slim, healthy lookin figure, she is about 5'9 and weighs about 6 to 7 stone. She is strong but is very shy and not very talktive towards new furs.
----------------------------------------------------------
Malia woke up and looked around, she could see smoke rising from some where, "What The?" she started wondering what happen, so she started to make her way to where she could see the smoke. Were she wasnt that far away she managed to get there after a few mintues, she was shocked to see that houses turned to rubble, and so she wondered round looking for somefur, who knows what happen to this place

« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 08:19:42 PM by xXxFangxXx »
  • Signature art by: Me (Danta)
~ Im The Finger Down Your Spine When The Lights Go Out, Im The Bad Taste You Cant Get Rid Of , Im The Nightmare You'll Never Wake Up from - Me (Danta Bloodrayn) ~
Add Me On Skype: TangoPhynix

Offline Iggy Cullen

• Velvety Vole
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 07:32:39 PM »
*sweats as the hot sun beats down on her thick clothing. Even though their was a breeze in the air that listed up her long blonde hair whip around her, her fringe falling into her eyes. lifting it away, she looked around at the sand whiping around below her feet, and started to wipe away the sand from her old trousers.*

~~~ The Little One ~~~

Offline Merekat4

• Shadow Stalker
  • Avid Aardvark
    • My Fanfiction site
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 05:12:38 AM »
*Kali finished scavenging what she could. She managed to put together a small pack with the jewelry she had managed to sneak out with her when she escaped the palace, her silk dress, some food, and most important water. She could go a few days without it, but she would rather not have to. Her ears twitched at the sounds of clanking armor. Then the fur on the back of her neck started to prickle as she felt the presence of another. Kali stopped moving and stopped breathing. She didn't want to be noticed just yet. Kali started to creep out the door and try to stay as quiet as possible. There was one thing keeping that from happening, the overly large boots she was wearing managed to trip her as she was going out the door. There is a large noise at the base of the ruin wall Scheer is standing on. Kali looks up at the tall soldier, frozen for the moment while she debates running from him*
"Life is like a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
http://merekat4.livejournal.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/~torirex

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 10 Poster
  • "Break free of your chains and quell in fear"
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline-lupine hybrid with wings
  • Coloring: red and black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 126
  • Build: average
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 01:59:05 PM »
name: Saros
species: Tiger-wolf
weapons: a two handed calavry sword, two short daggers
Faction:  
hometown: Jerusulem {sorry for my crappy spelling}
Clothing: a semi-low cut, sleeveless shirt with a silver stud butterfly, faded blue pants, and black riding boots; a black leather choker with silver chains.
=================================================================

Saros woke from a high screeching coming from her window. She looks out and jolts out of bed. "WHAT THE HELL?!" She shouts, pulling her pants on with such a frenzy, she looked like a black and blue streak. She slams her door open and rushes to her horse. "Frenka? FRENKA!" She whistles frantically, trying to find her favorite war horse. It had disappeared.
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
but I am untamed and therefor
Your Worst Nightmare
~~Dr. Stitches "Sahara" Strange~~ experiment from D13 -------->
Pet's name: A734RF50G
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Sareen

• Satan's pet
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 10 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 05:09:17 PM »
keeps searching for somefur to tell her what happened, and lookin aroun at the pulls of rubble and furs stuff lining the streets of want once was a town
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 08:28:43 PM by xXxFangxXx »
~ Im The Finger Down Your Spine When The Lights Go Out, Im The Bad Taste You Cant Get Rid Of , Im The Nightmare You'll Never Wake Up from - Me (Danta Bloodrayn) ~

Offline Iggy Cullen

• Velvety Vole
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007, 05:16:42 PM »
*staying in her crouching position, she began looking around. She could swear she saw some fursons in the distance, but didnt want to approach, just in case they were who did this to her poor family. She sighed heavily at thankfulness that her two sisters had been away that night, so they were nowhere near harm.*

~~~ The Little One ~~~

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 10 Poster
  • "Break free of your chains and quell in fear"
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline-lupine hybrid with wings
  • Coloring: red and black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 126
  • Build: average
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2007, 01:47:14 PM »
"Thank God I live alone..." She whispers, then begins whistling again.
{Sorry Jas.}
Saros found Frenka a few meters from the well and sighed in relief. "Frenka, don't mellinoa like that. You nearly gave me a grean-hole. Now come on, let's go home."
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 08:48:23 PM by Broken~Hearted »
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
but I am untamed and therefor
Your Worst Nightmare
~~Dr. Stitches "Sahara" Strange~~ experiment from D13 -------->
Pet's name: A734RF50G
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Scheer

• Avid Aardvark
  • For The Order
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2007, 08:11:49 PM »
( OOC Please post more then one sentence per post. -_- )

Offline Iggy Cullen

• Velvety Vole
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2007, 12:42:28 PM »
listens around her for anyone else, then noticed a massive ruin. She could see someone climbing down it. Sneaking behind part of her ruined house, she pulled out one of her small daggers, and watched as the person continued to climb down. She could hear her shallow breathing as she stared on, wondering if this was one of the men who destroyed her small town.

~~~ The Little One ~~~

Offline Sareen

• Satan's pet
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2007, 08:46:33 PM »
shes gives up looking for somefur to tell her want had happened so she went looking through the ruins because her sister was said to have run away and started to live in a small town