The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Youtube advice?  (Read 2112 times)

Offline CZAtion

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Obtainable by request Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: wolf/demon/fox hybrid
  • Coloring: Crimson red/grey
  • Height: 5’ 11”
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Improving at Osu!
Youtube advice?
« on: March 24, 2016, 03:29:29 PM »
I'm getting a surprising amount of hate comments because of me being a furry, it seems that most of my viewers are not of the furry fandom. How do I reach more people in the furry fandom? I'm sick of having only hate, even if it's a small amount. I just need some people to be supportive. (dealing with school is not easy
twitch.tv/MTF_AsrielDreemurr

Offline nixon/monto

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Rachet?oh yeah! He is my cousins friend.greet guy!
  • Species: lombax
  • Coloring: regular
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: little above average
  • Currently: doing good
Youtube advice?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 04:43:06 PM »
don't talk about the furry side a lot. Let it be there and let them know it's there but don't make it the point of your videos. Try to appear as a human who lives normally and doesn't obsess over fandom stuff. It all depends on what kind of channel you are running. What kind are you running?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 04:45:17 PM by nixon/monto »
Space is a place I can't wait to go to. All the time in reality. And yet I long for the end, not because I want it to end, but because I'm curious of how this world ends and where all these souls go to when they breath no more. But till then I'll be having the time of my life! :)

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army.
 FDF forever       "
SNIPER!!!  boo ya FDF!!

Offline CZAtion

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Obtainable by request Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
Re: Youtube advice?
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 08:25:58 PM »
don't talk about the furry side a lot. Let it be there and let them know it's there but don't make it the point of your videos. Try to appear as a human who lives normally and doesn't obsess over fandom stuff. It all depends on what kind of channel you are running. What kind are you running?

I'm not showing it off & I run a gaming channel

Offline nixon/monto

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Rachet?oh yeah! He is my cousins friend.greet guy!
  • Species: lombax
  • Coloring: regular
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: little above average
  • Currently: doing good
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 02:22:49 AM »
Can you Link it so I take a look?
Space is a place I can't wait to go to. All the time in reality. And yet I long for the end, not because I want it to end, but because I'm curious of how this world ends and where all these souls go to when they breath no more. But till then I'll be having the time of my life! :)

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army.
 FDF forever       "
SNIPER!!!  boo ya FDF!!

Offline VoodooMax

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Orange and White
  • Height: 5 Feet 11 Inches
  • Weight: 130 pounds
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 03:43:26 AM »
This isn't an easy question due to the fact that most people do not understand the fandom but I'll try to help. I suggest telling your friends on TFF about your YouTube channel and that could spread awareness, also try Omegle. On Omegle you can type in tags so you only talk to others with the same interest such as typing in "furry" or "anthro" will connect you with people that also entered those same tags. You can talk to them and maybe they will watch you videos. These are just some things you could try, I hope this helps you.

Offline CZAtion

• Boisterous Bear
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 04:34:41 PM »
This isn't an easy question due to the fact that most people do not understand the fandom but I'll try to help. I suggest telling your friends on TFF about your YouTube channel and that could spread awareness, also try Omegle. On Omegle you can type in tags so you only talk to others with the same interest such as typing in "furry" or "anthro" will connect you with people that also entered those same tags. You can talk to them and maybe they will watch you videos. These are just some things you could try, I hope this helps you.

Thanks for the advise.

If you think my message was misspelled, take a look at my signature.
I'm aktually getting into spelling words fonetikally.

Offline VoodooMax

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Orange and White
  • Height: 5 Feet 11 Inches
  • Weight: 130 pounds
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2016, 06:09:43 AM »

Thanks for the advise.

If you think my message was misspelled, take a look at my signature.
I'm aktually getting into spelling words fonetikally.

You're welcome

Offline Dryadalisk

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Stag
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2016, 09:28:45 AM »
I also run a gaming channel on YouTube. If you would like, I could talk about your channel

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2016, 10:22:30 AM »
Report comments and the like harassing you and move on. You don't need to acknowledge their negativity.

As for the tagging suggestion, I do suggest putting furry tags even if the videos themselves aren't technically furry. YouTube recommendations/search will be influenced towards furry audience that way.

Offline CZAtion

• Boisterous Bear
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2016, 10:35:34 PM »
I also run a gaming channel on YouTube. If you would like, I could talk about your channel

I can't give a specific link at the moment, but, my youtube username is Crayonization. Search it up.

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: {Aiklar http://aiklarspecies.webs.com/} & {Eastern Dragon}
  • Coloring: {Black, light blue, purple, turquoise, red and dark blue} & {Purple, lavender, sea green & black}
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 115 lb
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: Recuperating
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2016, 01:36:28 PM »
(late post is late)
But like George said, I've already had to remove a comment on my channel when I posted a video of my fursuit. If it gets too bad I might consider, if its still around, do the comment screening/approval thing. But it's pretty easy to report and delete a comment, as long as you get a notification of when someone posts it :)