The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: DOOM - Anthro Edition  (Read 2350 times)

Offline Kyle MaJoi

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • The Void is Calling...
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat/Wolf Hybrid. His true form is too hideous to describe.
  • Coloring: He has dark green fur and gray stripes down his back and tail. His eyes are black and have glowing, lime green pupils.
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Build: Very lean and slightly muscular.
  • Currently: I answered their calls... they wanna go to Toco Bell for dinner ;D
DOOM - Anthro Edition
« on: March 13, 2016, 02:07:47 PM »
"Squad 23.... Squad 23! Do you read me!?"

The ship had crashed by the eastern side of a UAC warehouse on Mars. The trip to the planet had been smooth sailing all until it was shot down; it was a miracle that the ship was still in once piece. To make things better, the small squadron aboard the ship was still alive, yet bruised from the crash. The reason behind this squadron of space marines being so small was because they were sent to infiltrate the UAC research facility on Mars. Before hand, the facility was attacked by an unknown threat, in which the space marines were sent to fight them off. What was supposed to be a normal mission turned into an absolute bloodbath; Earth lost contact with the space marines and satellites suggest that whatever battle took place on Mars had ended. Squadron 23 was sent with a simple task to infiltrate the facility, report in their findings, and locate a scientists by the name of Dr. Olivia, a very important woman who was the head of the UAC research crew.

"Squad 23, do you read!?" The radio said franticly on in the ship, hoping for survivors.
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown”
― H.P. Lovecraft

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
Re: DOOM - Anthro Edition
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 02:54:37 PM »
Ray groaned, as his consciousness returned. "R-Ray here, command. What hit us?" He looked around the cockpit, hoping to find his comrades alive.

Offline Kyle MaJoi

• Foxy Fox
  • The Void is Calling...
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Coloring: He has dark green fur and gray stripes down his back and tail. His eyes are black and have glowing, lime green pupils.
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 03:04:55 PM »
((I wanna give everyone a chance to post, but I'm just gonna post next for now))

"Oh thank God." A sigh of relief escaped the radio as it then said, "We're unsure of what hit you, though. Satellites didn't detect any rockets coming your way, so whatever hit the ship wasn't of our technology. Are there any other survivors on board?". The ship made an eerie creaking notice that sent a small wave of concern down his spine.
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown”
― H.P. Lovecraft

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx
  • Coloring: Grey and black
  • Height: 6' 9" dued to long animalistic like hind legs
  • Weight: 190
  • Build: leath and lanky
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 06:46:55 PM »
Private Foxtrot stirred slightly, then woke up with a soft groan. He found himself lying on his back, and buried in boxes. It appears the restraints keeping him in his seat wasn’t enough with all that force. Or it was just simply defective. Yep… the level of quality on some of this mass produced garbage would definitely explain why he was suddenly hurled across the ship.

Reguardless, he ached everywhere, but the monitoring system in his helmet said that he was just fine. Nothing broken… nothing critical. Still the rookie was sure he’d rather be killed in the crash than possibly get killed by whatever was waiting in side.

Olaris slowly pulled his pistol from his holster, and slowly propped the boxes off of him. He held the gun pointed out, when he was sure he was safe, he quickly pushed the obstructions off of him, and collected his assault rifle. He then turned the light of his helmet on, and took a look around the dark room he was in.

“Private Foxtrot reporting in….” he groaned to the voice as he took a few steps. Each one was a limp… but as he began to set in motion, it eventually corrected it’s self. “I’m messed up but I’m up. Don’t suppose you’re sending another ride home? Because the only place this thing is taking anyone now, is to hell."
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 10:11:28 PM by tangletail »
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline Kyle MaJoi

• Foxy Fox
  • The Void is Calling...
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 12:51:09 AM »
(Nice pun XD)

The voice coming thought the radio couldn't help but chuckle in relief. "Golly, for a recovery squad you guys are pulling off pretty well. Now, to get to the nearest UAC building, you folks should put on your oxygen helmets to help you breath."

The room where the helmats were stored as in a room in the back of the ship, where the bunk beds were. However, since the room was filled with some debre, getting to the helmats will be a bit tricky.
― H.P. Lovecraft

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 05:35:19 AM »
Clarice slowly opened her eyes as she heard voices and the radio blaring. At first, it sounded distant, but slowly came to focus as the rest of her came to. She looked around the cabin to assess her situation. The two privates were busy with the radio, commanding officer is dead, Supervisory Sergeant is dead and HER Supervisory Sergeant is also dead. The terrier groaned as she tried to get up, but the strap pulled her back into her seat. She fumbled with the buckle, but it was no good so she pulled out one of her combat knives and cut herself loose.

Clarice had already heard the latter half of the message and looked around as she got up, "Alright. No problem." She walked over to the wreckage that was the back of their ship and cleared some of the smaller stuff to get to her locker at the base of one of the bunks. With her hand print identified, it opened up and she pulled out her pistol and assault rifle. As she picked each one up, the electronic voice could be heard, "Hand print identification confirmed: Cleared for use. Code name: Slayer." She then holstered her pistol and slung the rifle over her shoulder as she dug further into the mess. From there, the terrier fished out the four flares from the emergency kit and dismantled them, pouring all the powder from them into a beat-up can of beans. "You greenhorns better step back a bit..." Clarice herself backed up towards the steering console, readied her rifle and fired. The little can exploded and created a small hole.

Clarice gave a sigh as she slung the rifle back over her shoulder, "Well, fennec-boy. Suck in that stomach and squeeze through. It's not getting any bigger than that. I'll work on the hatch while you get us some helms. And make it quick. Ship's life support is leaking air faster than piss at a horse stable." With that, she double-checked her gear from mags to the condition of her knives before heading over to the hatch console.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2016, 05:50:27 AM »
Ray retrieved his own equipment, which was nothing more than the standard issue handgun. He sighed, and tightened his grip on the pistol. "S-So...we're trapped in a slowly leaking ship, and our survival gear i-is in another part of the ship?" Ray groaned. "Oh, great..."

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2016, 07:32:17 AM »
The fox turned around, his helmet’s light illuminating the room, the light was bright enough to pierce through the tinting of his visor to reveal a pair of glasses over his eyes.  The fox tilted his head as he received his orders from the veteran in the room. A second later, the masked soldier glanced down to the hole and back up to the woman. “Er… right…” he grunted. His mouth was twisted in a grimace and his teeth was gritted. He was the only marine that wore his stupid helmet, and now HE’S the one fixing everyone else’s mistake.

“Also, ma’am. I wouldn’t open that hatch without the helmet,” The fox began as he got down onto his stomach and began to crawl through the hole. It seems that his helmet had automatically switched to a close range radio to allow him to continue what he was saying. “If we’re leaking air at a fast rate, it means the ship’s hull is breached somewhere, and that hole is plugged just enough. This could very well be the only way this room remains atmospherically stable. Opening it up... could very well do two things. Implode the ship... or create a vacuume force that sucks everything from the back of the ship outside. Annnd since I’m the only one wearing a helmet… hope would be lost if the two of you die.”

A few moments of seemingly endless crawling, he made it into an opening and rose to his feet. He sighed as he looked on to the dark corridor, and made his way down to where the helmets were stored. His eyes inspecting the damage.

“Given that we hit the planet harder than the European Beagle 2 mars rover… I’m willing to put a bet on that. That reminds me...”

The fox continued as he opened up the locker, and grabbed a bundle of helmets. He stuck them into a dauffle bag and slung them over his shoulder. "We're the recovery team... that got shot down. So who recovers the recovery team?"
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 07:35:24 AM by tangletail »
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline Kyle MaJoi

• Foxy Fox
  • The Void is Calling...
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2016, 10:55:51 AM »
The ship continued to creek and spark as the radio continued to speak in a nervious tone. "Once you folks get your helmats, you can exit the ship through the escape hatch above the cockpit."

Although the cockpit wasn't as damaged as the bunker room, the windows were very cracked and the escape hatch would most likly cause the windows to shatter once opened. It could end up being problematic, but since the crew had begun equipping their air helmats, they'll be able to survive the surface of Mars once they've left the imploding ship.

"Also, you folks should keep in touch with me," the radio also added, "Your helmats are also built in with walki talkies you can use to contact me. Oh, and when *ZZZZZZ* you get to a UAC *ZZZZZZZ* make sure that you folks *ZZZZZZZZZ*" The radio suddenly bursted into sparks.
― H.P. Lovecraft

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2016, 12:37:18 AM »
Clarice caught the helmet that Olaris tossed over to her. She double-checked it and adjusted its size and settings before putting it on. Upon snapping into place and sealing up with her combat suit, the Heads-Up Display came to life as it synchronized with her rifle and pistol. The terrier set her radio comms to be constantly on squawk so she didn't have to press that godforsaken button every time she wanted to say something. Experience had taught her that that kind of protocol gets people killed all the time. "Comms check. 1, 2, 3. Listen up, maggots. We don't know the current situation so keep your comms set to squawk. I know they teach you to use the comms button to speak. Ignore that training. If you have knack for talking, shut the hell up unless it's necessary."

With that, Clarice went back over to the seating area that was behind the pilot/co-pilot seating, and jumped up to grab onto the emergency hatch and started dialing into the panel to activate it. "Alright, huddle up with whatever gear you have. As soon as I turn this sucker, we're springing out of here. I'm pretty sure those windows are going to burst as soon as I open this." She readied herself as the two Privates finished whatever they needed to do.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2016, 01:13:48 AM »
Ray quickly threw his helmet on, and made sure everything was in tact. Aside from a stress fracture in the corner of the visor, the helmet was undamaged. The young raccoon ran a paw against the crack, and breathed a sigh of relief; the fracture didn't go all the way through, just a surface fracture. He checked his pistol, and then nodded at Clarice. "O-On your go, ma'am." Ray set his radio as Clarice ordered, and looked about the transport, waiting to exit. "So...we've lost contact with HQ? Maybe...maybe we should check the facility comms? Hopefully, the long-ranger's are still working." He wasn't to speaking to anyone in particular, moreso speaking to keep his nerves down and clear his head; an unfortunate habit.

Offline Kyle MaJoi

• Foxy Fox
  • The Void is Calling...
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2016, 02:43:25 AM »
The Mars tarrain looked exactly how they expected it to be; barren and unnervingly quiet. The sky had an orange atmosphere while red sand and rocks blanketed the earth. A UAC warehouse was about a half a mile away from the crash sight, and was built into a large Mars mountain. It began to feel strange that UAC station located on such a lifeless planet would be attacked; the UAC was a neutral orginization that kept its connections deep under wraps.
― H.P. Lovecraft

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2016, 04:55:18 AM »
Olaris also handed the other private an assault rifle. Though... given that the thing came from a severed hand, he couldn't find any spare magazines for it. With that in mind... that one clip in the weapon was pretty much all the private had. Besides the few clips that he had on his body at the moment, which... really was only about three refills. Not much to waste, even if you shoot sparingly.

"Bright side is... as long as we can get to some portion of the UAC's networking setup, I can patch us in temporarily until we find a more permanent solution."
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline Kyle MaJoi

• Foxy Fox
  • The Void is Calling...
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2016, 01:16:39 PM »
(I'm gonna wait for the others to post before I make my next move)
― H.P. Lovecraft

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2016, 07:16:54 PM »
Clarice gave a nod and turned the crank on the escape hatch. Air escaped quickly, forcing the hatch to fly open. She quickly gripped the side and pulled herself out, the sound of the shattering glass echoing through the hull of the ship. The terrier took a deep breath and let it out slowly after they landed next to the ship, after jumping off the top. "Damnit.I was really hoping to bring those bodies back out with us to give them a proper burial... well, two of them anyways." Clarice had some sour moods against her supervising sergeant because he was a pompous asshole who had a big head because she used to be the CO for his basic training. "So did either of you catch everything that they tried to tell us?"