The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Should I upgrade to windows 10?  (Read 4261 times)

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: {Aiklar http://aiklarspecies.webs.com/} & {Eastern Dragon}
  • Coloring: {Black, light blue, purple, turquoise, red and dark blue} & {Purple, lavender, sea green & black}
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 115 lb
  • Build: Lean
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Recuperating
Re: Should I upgrade to windows 10?
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2016, 06:50:11 PM »
It's up to you, but when I bought a Windows 10 laptop after my windows 7 bit the dust (it still worked, but the keys kept snapping off T_T)
I was unable to play Skyrim, and still am. I kept getting an error about the path not available, even after re-installing the game and doing a search on the error. And Warcraft always seems to be laggier and a lower fps than when I played it on my Windows 7 computer. I'm thinking of just re-installing 7, because I like the look and navigation of it a lot better, and personally for me, my games were slower. Of course you can do the trial and see what you think! :)

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2016, 06:59:08 PM »
It's up to you, but when I bought a Windows 10 laptop after my windows 7 bit the dust (it still worked, but the keys kept snapping off T_T)
I was unable to play Skyrim, and still am. I kept getting an error about the path not available, even after re-installing the game and doing a search on the error. And Warcraft always seems to be laggier and a lower fps than when I played it on my Windows 7 computer. I'm thinking of just re-installing 7, because I like the look and navigation of it a lot better, and personally for me, my games were slower. Of course you can do the trial and see what you think! :)
I'm not sure if that's necessarily the fault of Windows 10. Could the newer laptop simply have slower hardware? Considering it's a completely different laptop. The fair comparison would be to install 10 on the old laptop and see if that makes it any faster (or slower).You

As for the Skyrim error, can't say I've had any errors with that.. PM me, I might be able to help with that, I think it could be a Steam-related error.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 07:04:03 PM by Timmy Fox »
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: {Aiklar http://aiklarspecies.webs.com/} & {Eastern Dragon}
  • Coloring: {Black, light blue, purple, turquoise, red and dark blue} & {Purple, lavender, sea green & black}
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 115 lb
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: Recuperating
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2016, 07:01:43 PM »
I'm not sure if that's necessarily the fault of Windows 10. Could the newer laptop simply have slower hardware? Considering it's a completely different laptop.

As for the Skyrim error, can't say I've had any errors with that.. PM me, I might be able to help with that.

Thanks for the offer :) But I just like how Windows 7 looks more anyway, plus Corel Draw (2002) Still works on it :P

Offline Proto Triose

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2016, 12:10:50 PM »
You should never. Ever. Go with Windows. Windows anything. Microsoft anything. O.o
  • Signature art by: Lucky978 on Deviantart.com
Sorry for the absence; I had to get my life and my mind together. I missed you all.

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2016, 06:51:42 PM »
You should never. Ever. Go with Windows. Windows anything. Microsoft anything. O.o
Thanks for that very thorough and unbiased reasoning and explanation, filled with valid arguments! ;)
Also thanks for opening my eyes and for suggesting what I should use instead!

Sorry, but I just find it a bit hard to take you all too seriously since didn't really at all explain why you think so, nor did you suggest any real alternative.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 06:56:16 PM by Timmy Fox »
Proud to be a furry!

Offline Proto Triose

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2016, 12:35:58 AM »
No need to apologize. I was just joking around. -^.^- I'm not the one to ask about Windows stuff, but I do like to make comments that I know nothing about and make it painfully obvious that I don't. It's a different kind of humor, but I roll with it. :)

Your Avi to die for, by the way. Good luck figuring out what OS to go with! I'm sure these wonderful people will be a lot of help to you. :D And it's good advice to not take me too seriously ever. O.o That's probably the last thing I am. My friend goes with Linux because he can customize it a lot? Maybe something to look into for the more technology savvy.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 12:39:18 AM by Proto Triose »
  • Signature art by: Lucky978 on Deviantart.com
Sorry for the absence; I had to get my life and my mind together. I missed you all.

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2016, 01:20:08 AM »
No need to apologize. I was just joking around. -^.^- I'm not the one to ask about Windows stuff, but I do like to make comments that I know nothing about and make it painfully obvious that I don't. It's a different kind of humor, but I roll with it. :)

Your Avi to die for, by the way. Good luck figuring out what OS to go with! I'm sure these wonderful people will be a lot of help to you. :D And it's good advice to not take me too seriously ever. O.o That's probably the last thing I am. My friend goes with Linux because he can customize it a lot? Maybe something to look into for the more technology savvy.
Haha no worries!
And thanks, yours is really cutes too, love the eyes on that! XP
Proud to be a furry!