The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting  (Read 1700 times)

Offline moonwolf101

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Work Until Your Idols Become Your Rivals
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Timber Wolf
  • Coloring: Brown fur with a light tan underbelly, dark brown hair that hangs over her right eye, has blue eyes
  • Height: about 5 feet
  • Weight: 106.9
  • Build: thin, female build
  • Currently: meh
Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting
« on: March 06, 2016, 04:09:30 AM »
I keep typing in the password to connect to my Wi-Fi, but once it connects it kicks me off of it and I don't know why
I know I am entering the password right. Any tips?
  • Avatar by: lineart by Rits-Blitz
"we do have a lot in common.
The same earth, the same air, the same sky.
Maybe if we started looking at what's the same instead of what's different... Well, who knows." - Meowth

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
Re: Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 07:40:38 AM »
What are you using to connect PC, tablet, Wii or other console?

If it's a PC  check your wireless card I had one and it went bad on me.

excuse me for a moment here but. "MORE DETAILS!!!!"
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline moonwolf101

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Brown fur with a light tan underbelly, dark brown hair that hangs over her right eye, has blue eyes
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 11:48:18 AM »
I'm trying to connect my RCA android tablet
Maybe if we started looking at what's the same instead of what's different... Well, who knows." - Meowth

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 02:42:28 PM »
Hmm tablets are new and I don't work with them often they also have a wireless card and antenna inside of them it's very possible either could be bad or your wi-fi router is bad, have you tried connecting to other wi-fi sources?
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline moonwolf101

• Chatty Cheetah
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 02:50:11 PM »
There isn't any other Wi-Fi sources in range

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 02:56:31 PM »
Well i dunno any other way to determine weather it's your tablet or router... I suggest getting out somewhere and trying their wi-fi if you can connect there the problem lies within your router, however if you cannot connect there either, the problem lies in your tablet.

I'm sorry that's All I Can do from this point in time and space and location... hope you get it fixed or found out soon.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2016, 03:24:33 PM »
On top of the recommendations already given, check your wireless router/modem. If it is somewhere that it will get hot easily, it WILL shut itself off as a safety precaution. This goes for those portable ones that have their own battery as well. If you think it is getting hot easily, check to see if there's anything clogging any vents or it being exposed to direct sunlight. If neither seem to be an issue, start it up and wait about 5 minutes after start up to put your hand to it. You can usually feel how warm it is right away.

Offline moonwolf101

• Chatty Cheetah
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2016, 04:59:51 PM »
Ok thank you guys

Offline mewtwo

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2016, 09:08:26 AM »
Have you tried resetting your wireless router? Also try turning off and turning back on the Wi-Fi on your tablet. This sounds like MAC address filtering are you the only person that uses this wireless router or do parents or friends use it to where they could have set it up to have MAC address filtering turned on? Hopefully that helps I kind of would like more info to go on.

Offline moonwolf101

• Chatty Cheetah
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2016, 08:28:57 PM »
Have you tried resetting your wireless router? Also try turning off and turning back on the Wi-Fi on your tablet. This sounds like MAC address filtering are you the only person that uses this wireless router or do parents or friends use it to where they could have set it up to have MAC address filtering turned on? Hopefully that helps I kind of would like more info to go on.

Yes and yes. And no, I'm the only one using the Wi-Fi