The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Share an unpopular opinion!  (Read 13396 times)

Offline 138

• ϟ ϟ
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
  • You can't get no worse than dead
    • Awards
  • Species: Mustela Erminea
  • Coloring: White with a black tipped tail
  • Build: You can't cuddle a skeleton
Re: Share an unpopular opinion!
« Reply #120 on: March 13, 2016, 01:46:51 AM »
Hmm. Arguing over animal **censor**. Whoa.

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #121 on: March 13, 2016, 01:50:15 AM »
It's still hip to f*ck bees.
It sure is. XD

Offline HollowOfHaze

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • I see no way in which this could go horribly wrong
    • Awards
  • Species: Heraldic Winged Lion
  • Coloring: Tan fur/feathers, brown hair, brown eyes veined with a golden yellow.
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 128 Lbs
  • Build: Not exceedingly muscular, but definitely not fat.
  • Currently: Forgotten.
« Reply #122 on: March 13, 2016, 01:58:51 AM »

It was bound to happen one day, and you know it.
  • Avatar by: My personal friend SpunkyRaccoon on DeviantArt

Offline 138

• ϟ ϟ
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
  • You can't get no worse than dead
    • Awards
  • Species: Mustela Erminea
  • Coloring: White with a black tipped tail
  • Build: You can't cuddle a skeleton
« Reply #123 on: March 13, 2016, 02:02:30 AM »

It was bound to happen one day, and you know it.

I can't really argue with that one.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #124 on: March 13, 2016, 02:23:58 AM »
I will be honest, I think this kind of discussion is actually valuable, while I think its a no brainer, stopping and explaining why is a useful exercise. It allows an understanding of WHY you, and society, believe what you believe, and removes logical fallacies and automatic reactions, (though the latter is still worth nothing, as such feeling are usually shared among large groups)

I think zoophilia/bestiality is far from wrong; consent is clearer in other animals, because they don't feel the need to avoid the social pressure to have sex. Plus, they won't hesitate to scratch and kick and bite if you do something that don't like.

This so much.

The issue is there is NO WAY to prove it. While you could argue its obvious, said animals can be "trained" (Read, abused) to do things they do not wish to do, and if there IS abuse happening the proper protections are not in place, and indeed, cannot exist efficiently. This is without discussing the health concerns (Both mental and physical) for both members of such a relationship.

In addition sexual relations require equal power between both members except where power is given up willingly, in the case of animal/human relations, this is impossible. This opens up the possibility of the relationship becoming abusive, possibly even by accident, and in such an instance, there would be no way of verifying if this has or hadn't happened within a relationship.

It all comes down to consent, and an animal CANNOT give consent that would pass in a court of law. "They looked like they wanted it" is not acceptable, and probably also a quote from several convicted rapists, and before you say "Common sense" let me point you back to the first paragraph, how do you prove the dog was not abused to make it more willing for sex?

Oh, and of course it's an animal your trying to **censor**... that is kinda gross

((Yes, I know that last argument is super weak, and not even a real argument, but it had to be said.))

How do you prove a human wasn't abused to "make it more willing for sex"? You talk about animals like they have no minds of their own.

If you love animals, you'd pay attention to their health and happiness. If you don't love animals, this subject is irrelevant to you because you wouldn't want to partake in these sorts of activities in the first place.

And that did not have to be said; what you find attractive does not dictate right and wrong.  You're just being rude.

The first point is true, there are people out there who HAVE been "Trained" for sex. Its called human trafficking. However it is easier to identify, as we know people better than animals. equally, to truly "Train" anything, you really need them from birth, with humans, this is illegal in most places unless you are a parent, or otherwise legally told to look after a child. For an animal, this is just a case of how many kittens/puppies you can adopt/buy off their owners. No laws broken. Put simply, its not just possible to train an animal, ITS EASY, and can be done under the radar with ease, Human trafficking is difficult, and is very easy to get caught with.

The second point is just plain fictitious, people LOVE power, **censor** an animal grants a degree of power. Then there are groups who use having sex with an animal as a form of initiation, or dare, finally, you have people who simply don't care about their mates, it happens in human/human couples, in fact it is far more common than anyone is willing to admit, people rape their human partners, people beat their human partners. Love is not always Loving. Here, the humans being abused have the full power to work against it, but choose not to, or feel they can't. How is an animal going to last in these situations? They have no defense, they have no protection.

The third point... you know what, your probably right, but for 99.9% of the civilized population that is the instinctive reaction, granted not all instincts are correct (Hating gays was instinctive for many people), but here I think nature, and society, have hit the nail right on the head, Animals and humans should not mix in that way.
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #125 on: March 13, 2016, 02:29:30 AM »
I will be honest, I think this kind of discussion is actually valuable, while I think its a no brainer, stopping and explaining why is a useful exercise. It allows an understanding of WHY you, and society, believe what you believe, and removes logical fallacies and automatic reactions, (though the latter is still worth nothing, as such feeling are usually shared among large groups)

I think zoophilia/bestiality is far from wrong; consent is clearer in other animals, because they don't feel the need to avoid the social pressure to have sex. Plus, they won't hesitate to scratch and kick and bite if you do something that don't like.

This so much.

The issue is there is NO WAY to prove it. While you could argue its obvious, said animals can be "trained" (Read, abused) to do things they do not wish to do, and if there IS abuse happening the proper protections are not in place, and indeed, cannot exist efficiently. This is without discussing the health concerns (Both mental and physical) for both members of such a relationship.

In addition sexual relations require equal power between both members except where power is given up willingly, in the case of animal/human relations, this is impossible. This opens up the possibility of the relationship becoming abusive, possibly even by accident, and in such an instance, there would be no way of verifying if this has or hadn't happened within a relationship.

It all comes down to consent, and an animal CANNOT give consent that would pass in a court of law. "They looked like they wanted it" is not acceptable, and probably also a quote from several convicted rapists, and before you say "Common sense" let me point you back to the first paragraph, how do you prove the dog was not abused to make it more willing for sex?

Oh, and of course it's an animal your trying to **censor**... that is kinda gross

((Yes, I know that last argument is super weak, and not even a real argument, but it had to be said.))

How do you prove a human wasn't abused to "make it more willing for sex"? You talk about animals like they have no minds of their own.

If you love animals, you'd pay attention to their health and happiness. If you don't love animals, this subject is irrelevant to you because you wouldn't want to partake in these sorts of activities in the first place.

And that did not have to be said; what you find attractive does not dictate right and wrong.  You're just being rude.

The first point is true, there are people out there who HAVE been "Trained" for sex. Its called human trafficking. However it is easier to identify, as we know people better than animals. equally, to truly "Train" anything, you really need them from birth, with humans, this is illegal in most places unless you are a parent, or otherwise legally told to look after a child. For an animal, this is just a case of how many kittens/puppies you can adopt/buy off their owners. No laws broken. Put simply, its not just possible to train an animal, ITS EASY, and can be done under the radar with ease, Human trafficking is difficult, and is very easy to get caught with.

The second point is just plain fictitious, people LOVE power, **censor** an animal grants a degree of power. Then there are groups who use having sex with an animal as a form of initiation, or dare, finally, you have people who simply don't care about their mates, it happens in human/human couples, in fact it is far more common than anyone is willing to admit, people rape their human partners, people beat their human partners. Love is not always Loving. Here, the humans being abused have the full power to work against it, but choose not to, or feel they can't. How is an animal going to last in these situations? They have no defense, they have no protection.

The third point... you know what, your probably right, but for 99.9% of the civilized population that is the instinctive reaction, granted not all instincts are correct (Hating gays was instinctive for many people), but here I think nature, and society, have hit the nail right on the head, Animals and humans should not mix in that way.

Not that I agree with the initial opinion but I'd have to say that, in regards to the purpose of the thread, it doesn't really matter how civilization views it. If they didn't have a negative reaction to it, it probably wouldn't be an unpopular opinion to begin with. Like you said, hating gays was instinctive for many people, and to those people, it was viewed the same way; that according to nature and society, same-sexes shouldn't mix.

Same thing could be said with how inter-racial mixing was once viewed, and any other sort of issue that was similar. Not that I'm saying we need a "Zoophile-Rights" movement, but hopefully I'm getting my point across, considering it's 9:30 .w.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #126 on: March 13, 2016, 02:34:40 AM »
[stuff]

Not that I agree with the initial opinion but I'd have to say that, in regards to the purpose of the thread, it doesn't really matter how civilization views it. If they didn't have a negative reaction to it, it probably wouldn't be an unpopular opinion to begin with. Like you said, hating gays was instinctive for many people, and to those people, it was viewed the same way; that according to nature and society, same-sexes shouldn't mix.

Same thing could be said with how inter-racial mixing was once viewed, and any other sort of issue that was similar. Not that I'm saying we need a "Zoophile-Rights" movement, but hopefully I'm getting my point across, considering it's 9:30 .w.

Instincts exist for a reason, while you should not feel enslaved to them, you are a fool not to pay attention, if you like I view instinct as the "default" that arguments and facts have to change.
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #127 on: March 13, 2016, 02:41:53 AM »
I'm not saying they shouldn't exist or should be ignored, but I'm also saying that instinct shouldn't be the first thing to dictate how you react to a situation, or in this case, a persons preference/life choice.

It's funny to think that, for example, in the majority of society today, Suicide is viewed negatively. Instinct would be that, well, you should want to survive. But Suicide is a very personal thing, and in fiction, and in some non-fiction, has been shown as something that could be, or should be, acceptable, in certain situations.

Beastiality, while society instinctually believes it shouldn't be right, *could* be acceptable in certain situations. I couldn't really tell you what situations because again, it's not something that's for me, and something I don't casually research when I've nothing better to do, but I honestly don't see the difference. I don't think instinct is a valid argument as to why it is right or wrong.

Offline Setcho

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • Who wants to be normal?
    • Awards
  • Species: Lion
  • Coloring: Who wants to know >~>
  • Height: 5'10
  • Build: Small
  • Currently: I was on the forums before it was cool
« Reply #128 on: March 13, 2016, 02:57:46 AM »

How did we deserve pets ( ._.)

Offline Rattatat

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Coloring: shimmering dark purple, pebble like scales everywhere except for the neon blue, glowing, scales on the back side of hands arms feet and legs.
  • Height: 6'#039#039#0395
  • Weight: 260 lbs
  • Build: lanky, toned, and angular
  • Currently: Curious
« Reply #129 on: March 13, 2016, 03:16:34 AM »
In regards to this whole zoo thing. Its no secret that I support it so I'll give you all something to chew on.

Lets look at the consent thing. Humans and other animals are undeniable different. We both have emotions, but there are differences. To treat an animal as a human, is wrong, just as its wrong to to treat a human as another animal. I'm not saying that this means that you can treat them badly, but you should know the difference. You wouldn't keep a human as a pet in your house after buying them from a store. Theres a lot of things that you would do to animals and not people, or vice versa.

That being said, animals consent differently than humans. Its just on a different level. If they don't like it, they will make it known, by biting yipping or trying to get away. Its quite obvious if they are interested and willing. Humans put an immense amount of feelings and emotions on sex, most other animals do not.

A cow doesn't care if you milk it, a human would. Comparing the two is the wrong way to look at it.

I could go on, but I think I said all that I needed too.

Also, If anyone wants to talk to me about it, feel free to PM me :) I think respectful discussions are always good.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 03:23:45 AM by Spark_The_Dragon »

Offline HyenaKing

• rock out with your cute out
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • shut up, you're a dream
    • Awards
  • Species: what u think
  • Coloring: whiteish
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Build: sheesh
  • Currently: writing.
« Reply #130 on: March 13, 2016, 03:22:36 AM »
Damn, you people have gotten yourselves in some deep sh!t.

Most animals dont understand consent--in the complex way humans do or any of this sex-trained w/e
Also, Spark just posted before I posted and he said something similar.
wired as right now

Offline Setcho

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • Who wants to be normal?
    • Awards
  • Species: Lion
  • Coloring: Who wants to know >~>
  • Height: 5'10
  • Build: Small
  • Currently: I was on the forums before it was cool
« Reply #131 on: March 13, 2016, 03:24:06 AM »
We don't know if cows like to be milked.

We have zero idea at all what animals are thinking, they don't have to react to show they don't like something maybe they're just obeying their master because they're loyal?

You cannot possibly say they are interested or willing.

An animal cannot give consent what so ever, full stop. No matter how they react.

Offline Rattatat

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Coloring: shimmering dark purple, pebble like scales everywhere except for the neon blue, glowing, scales on the back side of hands arms feet and legs.
« Reply #132 on: March 13, 2016, 03:25:29 AM »
Damn, you people have gotten yourselves in some deep sh!t.

Most animals dont understand consent--in the complex way humans do or any of this sex-trained w/e
Also, Spark just posted before I posted and he said something similar.

I mean, look at how dogs mate. The male kind of just does his thing no matter what his mate does, the whole process keeps her from escaping. Zoos treat them wayyyy better than that.

Offline Silaluk

• Foxy Fox
  • w ▲ n d e r e r
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf (not pure blooded)
  • Coloring: Dark gray and light gray.
  • Height: 2'4"
  • Weight: 114 lbs.
  • Build: Slender but very fluffy. Feral.
  • Currently: Sad.
« Reply #133 on: March 13, 2016, 03:26:39 AM »
I want this thread locked. I don't believe this discussion is necessary.

Quote from: Sandor on March 05, 2016, 07:15:04 AM
Quote from: Sandor on March 04, 2016, 10:21:04 AM
Silaluk is too brutal for 90% of this forum.

Actually, make that something like 96%.

Offline Rattatat

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #134 on: March 13, 2016, 03:29:31 AM »
I want this thread locked. I don't believe this discussion is necessary.

I mean, technically no post is NECESSARY. If you don't like it don't participate. I don't mean to come off as rude, but just because your uncomfortable, it shouldn't change what we can do.