The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Silent Enemy (OOC/Discussion/Sign-up thread)  (Read 2622 times)

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
The Silent Enemy (OOC/Discussion/Sign-up thread)
« on: February 28, 2016, 04:18:56 AM »
This thread will be used for OOC discussion of The Silent Enemy. Prospecting participants not already signed up can also petition to join here. Also, if you have ideas for the RP now that it's started, feel free to post them here.

--RF
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline AJ Fawxe

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fynx (American Fox/Lynx)
  • Coloring: Blue and white
Re: The Silent Enemy (OOC/Discussion/Sign-up thread)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 04:37:20 AM »
This seems interesting, but I have only a very loose grasp of what this rp is about and I see no character sheet template owo

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 05:08:29 AM »
Yeah, sorry about that - the character sheets were posted here: http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=31748.0
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 01:46:19 PM »
Question: Will space/air combat be involved or merely boots on the grounds?

Offline PossumDeMort

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • Equal Oppertunity Romantic
    • Awards
  • Species: Possum
  • Currently: Lurking...
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2016, 02:32:57 PM »
What is the allowable range for characters? obviously no crazy giant stuffs or all knowing whatevers but I'm asking in terms of what is possible to exist.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2016, 03:53:22 PM »
@Shinzuu: Air combat, questionable. Ground combat, definitely. Space Combat, certainly. This RP takes place in generally the same multi-franchise galaxy as my Galactic Society RP, so Space and Ground combat are definite. Why do you ask?

@Possum: I have myself, Amber and Razuel in this RP. Don't want to go beyond 5, maybe 6 (but 6 is if this RP gains that much attention, which I doubt it will). Why do you ask?

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2016, 07:11:02 PM »
I ask because in past experiences, anything with space combat is something that gets exceptionally dull and prolonged. If you said no to space, I would've definitely loved to join.

Offline PossumDeMort

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2016, 07:24:47 PM »
I ment range as in type of characters  not how many, if theres room id be interested  what sorta role is lacking?

Offline AJ Fawxe

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2016, 11:02:08 PM »
I'll try to get a sheet in tomorrow, I've been mighty busy as of late

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2016, 11:11:10 PM »
@PossumDeMort: There's no lacking roles - as long as your character can survive in combat, they will be useful. A pilot would be doubly useful for later in the RP (considering what will happen to the helmsman), so long as they can pilot a starship (and I'm referring to a combat starship, not a freighter or strike craft).

Offline PossumDeMort

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2016, 09:39:36 PM »
Heres a quicky cause couldn't find a coat like I wanted to have.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline AJ Fawxe

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2016, 02:48:47 AM »
I'm sorry, I feel like I missed a lot. I lost power friday and had to juggle money a bit. All the same I'm glad I didn't join just to disappear. I might be able to slip in as one of the heretofore unnamed crew members, but it might be better if I find a better position

///Character\\\

Name: Alecsander Wayland

Species: Ferret (Non-Terran)

Attire: General attire and body as per image
Spoiler for Hidden:
Combat and flight suit resembles the Security Suit from Dead Space 2
Spoiler for Hidden:

Weapons loadout: The mustelid likes to use his high velocity rail gun to keep opponents at a distance. His reinforced left arm and shoulder are better capable of taking the impacting recoil from this heavy rifle. Up close and personal, Alec uses his collapsing PDR. When collapsed and folded up it resembles a small metal case with a "bulls eye" flashlight (focused beam). The flashlight rotates to the side and the stock slides out while the back and front grips fold out and lock in place.

Short Bio: Alec was born on a space colony to parents who were under contract as military scientists. His birth was permitted despite the complications it caused for the operation with the understanding that his parents would extend their contract with them. As he grew up, his parents helped to promote rapid development in his intellectual and emotional spheres.

As he grew older, his calm disposition made the soldiers very accepting of his presence and they even gave him smaller rifles and taught him to shoot as he got into his teenage years, much to his parents objection. His aim, however, was impeccable. A result of his parents reinforcing the need for patience and precision in all things.

Once he was older, he became a field technician: combat proficient and skilled with technology. His keen, scientific mind gave him a natural advantage when it came to assessing situations and finding the most profitable route. After he finished his tour he signed in with independent teams filling the same position he had with the military.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2016, 03:11:13 AM »
I see. Take your time, find a good place to pop in; I don't hold it against you for losing power. Happens to me often, nearly every time a major storm blows through here. So yeah, take your time. A good point to start is among the refugees on board the Chimera or the Borealis (if you read the latest posts, you'll know what I mean). But that's just a suggestion.

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 100 Poster
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2016, 03:20:23 PM »
I just want to bring to your attention that even in RP we expect you to follow forum rules.
This is pointed at the discussion in your RP about alcohol.
We generally warn any reference to alcohol, alcoholism, drunks and drunken role play.

Please try not to reference it again or use it as an RP element and  just keep it in mind so we don't have to do a sweep on your posts and remove the references.

If you see other references to alcohol anywhere else on the forum, please report it.

Thanks
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Offline AJ Fawxe

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2016, 04:37:58 PM »
I just want to bring to your attention that even in RP we expect you to follow forum rules.
This is pointed at the discussion in your RP about alcohol.
We generally warn any reference to alcohol, alcoholism, drunks and drunken role play.

Please try not to reference it again or use it as an RP element and  just keep it in mind so we don't have to do a sweep on your posts and remove the references.

If you see other references to alcohol anywhere else on the forum, please report it.

Thanks

Yipe! Sorry for that lapse in judgement, it slipped my mind. I'll edit my post to bring it into compliance, thanks for the warning though.