The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Encrypted secrets  (Read 612 times)

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Encrypted secrets
« on: February 17, 2016, 06:17:19 AM »
So this is a fun game I just came up with, it's not exactly super simple though so it probably won't be super popular, but it has a lot of intrigue, deception and betrayal in it. Here's the basic idea, we're gonna have an encrypted conversation and we're gonna have it in such a way that if I wanted to know what the 10th posted posted, I would need to know what all other posters before him posted. IE: IF I wanted to decrypt the 10th posters message, I'd have to decrypt the first persons message, the 2nd persons message, and so forth.

So it works pretty simply, basically at the end of this post, I'm gonna post a key. The next poster is then gonna encrypt his message using this tool: http://aes.online-domain-tools.com/. In the encrypted message he is also going to post a brand new key. The person who posts below him has to decrypt his message to get the new key, and then he encrypts his message using that new key.

That being said you can post as many unencrypted messages as you want, you can ever give away the key of an encrypted post so others can follow along in the conversation. This means if someone posts something embarrassing or whatever, but knows he's far down the chain, you can give away his key! And if you posted above him, people still have to go through the chain to decrypt your message.

It sounds like a fun idea, it's a bit complicated though so I doubt too many people will participate. One thing to note is that if you're trying to decrypt an encrypted message, remember to select "hex" not "plain text" in the input text field.

Here's an example:

"My post: The key is "Bees"
Second Poster:
"e6    c7    f2    e1    6b    6c    0f    94    95    37    02    d6    07    bd    6d    81
2d    d7    d4    21    80    df    2f    e6    52    a7    d3    25    15    42    ab    63
9d    85    89    4f    98    ee    d9    b8    b7    18    a2    3e    e8    81    10    06"
(again use this tool to decrypt: http://aes.online-domain-tools.com/)

Third Poster:
63    6f    6f    6c    20    67    61    6d    65    2c    20    74    68    65    20    6e
65    78    74    20    6b    65    79    20    69    73    20    22    66    6c    6f    77
65    72    73    22    00    00    00    00    00    00    00    00    00    00    00    00
"

The first key is "Fun"

Also remember to wrap your keys in quotations so people can copy them exactly, and any posts that do not are encrypted but do not follow the chain may be removed.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";