The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Trenches  (Read 4481 times)

Offline Rayle

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Skunk
  • Coloring: Black, White
  • Height: 5'5
  • Weight: 121lbls
The Trenches
« on: November 07, 2007, 12:36:57 AM »
*Rayle kept her head down as she ran down the trench, towards the thich smoke roiling from where the shell hit. She swore under her breath, her rifle slapping her in the back as she vaulted over a collapsed beam*

Jesus, right on top of a medic bay!

*She turned the last bend, then gasped as she saw the destruction. A huge black crater adorned the ground where a row of beds used to be. Gore covered the muddy walls of the trench. A fox stared up from the ground, gurgled once, then died, blood leaking heavily from his destroyed leg. She stood there, shivering. Finally, she plucked up the courage to walk over the body, up to another feebly twitching fur. She lifted the fur up, cringing as her hands became covered with arterial blood*

Hold on, a medic is on it's way! MEDIC!

*Her calls faded away as the noise of constant shelling and rifle fire drowned it out. The fur in her hands, a female wolf, started to convulse. Her eyes rolled into the back of her head and a thin film of bloody foam started to appear around her lips"

MEDIC!

Umm...yeah?

Offline Marquis Lythis

• Foxy Fox
  • H. P. Lovecraft is my hero. Worship him.
    • IMVU page
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Black, fur has a slight pearlescent sheen
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: 170lbs
  • Build: average
Re: The Trenches
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 05:11:29 AM »
Lythis crawled from under some debris: a shattered medical supply locker, his helmet scratched, but the cross was still plainly visible. Other then then a couple of minor cuts and bruises, he seemed unharmed. "Christ on a pogo stick! this is a med bay! Are they INSANE!? The Geneva convention was put int effect for a reason!" He looked around, grabbing a med pack and was checking the nearby bodies, finding all of them dead. He heard a call for a medic from a short distance away. He leaps into action, vaulting over a pile of debris. As he reached Rayle, he spotted the injured wolf, recognizing it as a patient that he had treated for a bullet to the leg previously. He instantly cleared a bed of a dead soldier, and shouted quickly, "Put her down, quick and gentle! ..Shrapnel..."
Wishmaster: Djinn: You wish to know what I am? To you, I am this: The cry of the abandoned child. The whimper of the whipped beast. I am the face that stares back at you from the shadows of your mirror. The hollowness at the heart of all your hopes, Alexandra. I AM DESPAIR.

Offline Rayle

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 10:23:15 AM »
*Rayle strained and slowly lifted the patient, carefully laying her on the bed. She nodded at the medic*
Start fixing, i'll check for incoming...
*She climbed up the side of the blackened wall, positioning her K98 carefully, scoping*
3, incoming...Volksgrenadiers...
*She sighted on the first one, ignoring the hatred in his eyes. She slowly stroked the trigger, then pushed hard. Her rifle bucked, and a loud bang emitted from the rifle. Sighting again in the aftermath, she spotted the splattered remains of the target*
Medic, you got a minute tops before they storm us. Get to it!
Umm...yeah?

Offline Marquis Lythis

• Foxy Fox
    • IMVU page
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 10:55:51 AM »
"Get me two minutes, minimum!" he quickly made an assessment, and went to work. one hand reached into her neck and pinched the opened artery shut while he stuck a pair of needles in her, one a concoction of painkillers and the other an anticonvulsant. After a few seconds, she stopped convulsing and he went to work, suturing up the various parts inside the neck that were damaged, and stitched it shut in a hurry. He covered it in a bandage, and shouted over, "I don't know if this'll saver her, but I've done what I can. I need to see if I can't salvage some more supplies." He ran back to the shattered cabinet, and found some vials , pills, and needles that were usable, as well as more bandages. He rushed back, saying, "I think I got all we can. Let's get her somewhere safe, even though this place was supposed to be..." He stuffed the supplies carefully and quickly into the little case , and slung it's strap over his shoulder, then carefully lifted the wounded fur, cradling her head so the neck wasn't bending far enough to reopen the wound he had just finished closing. "Don't you dare die on me." he whispered to her.
Wishmaster: Djinn: You wish to know what I am? To you, I am this: The cry of the abandoned child. The whimper of the whipped beast. I am the face that stares back at you from the shadows of your mirror. The hollowness at the heart of all your hopes, Alexandra. I AM DESPAIR.

Offline Rayle

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 11:11:35 AM »
*Rayle reloaded her rifle, then pointed to her left*
Go, that way. They're regrouping in command. Take her there and fix whoever you can up. I'll join you later...
*Rayle removed a pinapple from her belt, pulling the pin*
Go!
Umm...yeah?

Offline Marquis Lythis

• Foxy Fox
    • IMVU page
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 09:07:56 PM »
The medic shook his head, saying, "But that's at least an hours walk, We need to keep her stable, or we risk opening her wound again and losing her. Just carrying her is a risk in and of itself. Is there a vehicle left?" He wasn't straining while carrying her. He was used to carrying the injured in the field, after all, that's where he started before he got moved to a med-bay, and her light frame wasn't all that hearty. He started heading to the exit, picking his way over the debris carefully.

Offline Rayle

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 10:01:13 PM »
*Rayle threw the pineapple, then shouted"
Head Down!
*A muffled boom echoed across the landscape, followed by a scream of pain. Rayle checked her scope again, gave a satisfied nod, then turned back to the medic*
Good, we have a bit of time. No medic, there are no vehicles left...but I can get one. Can you shoot?
Umm...yeah?

Offline Marquis Lythis

• Foxy Fox
    • IMVU page
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 10:49:39 PM »
The medic steadied himself when the grenade went off, facing away to protect the injured fur. When he was asked about firing a weapon, he visibly paled, shaking his head, "No... I'm a doctor not a soldier! The most dangerous thing I've used is a scalpel. Besides, I can't. I've taken an oath to do no harm. To anyone. That's what was supposed to keep those nut jobs from shelling the med bay. They've just pissed of the whole UN doing this, now let's go, I don't want to have to stitch you up too."

Offline Rayle

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 11:22:19 PM »
*Rayle shakes her head, muttering under her breath*
I've already been patched up. Look, see that red smoke? You understand what that is? That is a artillery signal flare. They are going to creep artillery across this trench. We have about 5 minutes. Where can we go? Where do you want to go?
*Rayle suddenly sights again, then falls back as a snarling pitbull leapt over the trench wall, tackling her to the ground"
Umm...yeah?

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 12:21:17 AM »
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j82/molinamaniac/imvu%20stuff/nyxgargoyle.png <---Keyi.

The gargoyle swooped down noticing the three furs, mainly the one being attacked by a pitbull. Her wings were tattered from dodging bullets and extreme flight, but hey... That's only what you can expect when you're a messenger. She landed alongside the two, throwing the pit to one side and perking her ears as it yelped when it hit a pile of debris. "What are you two soldiers doing out here alone?" She questioned showing no emotion... It's what she'd learned to do. Through all the bloodshed she'd seen, she was sure that it was impossible to feel anything anymore. "All the others have retreated. You better get a move on." She adjusted her helmet with authority, but it was obvious it wasn't hers. She wore minimal armor, which made her vulnerable on the ground... But since her aerial grace made up for it, it did not matter. The armor she had was stolen from soldiers who no longer needed it.

Offline Rayle

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 12:26:24 AM »
*Rayle drew her Luger and shot the pitbull, blood exploding onto the wall behind it. She holstered her Luger, then looked up at the newcomer*
Lady, I want to go. I'm waiting for the medic here to make decision! LOOK OUT!
*Rayle unholstered her Luger again and fired twice, the shots grazing past the gargoyles face to slam into the chest of the diving gryphon about to swoop her*
Umm...yeah?

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2007, 12:39:55 AM »
Keyi stepped to the side to allow the Gryphon to nosedive into the ground. When it began twitching from the shots delivered, she stepped on the neck hard enough to crack it. "Nice shot, and my name's Keyi. Not lady." She said, her tone still cold and emotionless. Turning to the medic, she noted, "I suggest you make your decision fast. The enemy is merciless... They will not wait because a soldier is on the verge of dying."

Offline Rayle

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2007, 02:16:32 AM »
*Rayle shook her head*
Jesus, is everybody a smartass in this war?
*She stood up, then looked down at her leg*
Oh...
*A piece of shrapnel had pierced her pants, embedding itself into her thigh. Blood was flowing steadily from the wound. She reached down, and with a muffled yelp, pulled the piece of twisted metal out of her leg. Casting it away, she knelt beside the gryphon, and started ruffling through it's pockets*
Umm...yeah?

Offline Marquis Lythis

• Foxy Fox
    • IMVU page
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2007, 02:19:40 AM »
By this time 'the medic' was a little upset. "I'm no soldier, I'm a doctor, a surgeon!" He nodded his head, showing the red cross on his white helmet. While he spoke, he continued picking his way over debris carefully, reaching the exit with his charge in his arms. It was at that tie he saw Rayle pull out the shrapnel, he huffed, "I told you I didn't want to have to stitch you up too, now come on!"

Offline Rayle

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2007, 05:45:25 AM »
Rayle spun and grabbed the medic, staring coldly into his eyes
Listen, Medic, I don't want this guy to die either. But it's better he dies then all of us. Now we have about 2 minutes before those shells hit, so you need to lead the way NOW. Forget my wound, it's fine. Just, lead us alright?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 09:06:46 AM by Rayle »
Umm...yeah?