The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Surviving the Apocalypse! (OOC)  (Read 2222 times)

Offline ghia

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
Surviving the Apocalypse! (OOC)
« on: December 12, 2015, 09:38:12 PM »
I had intended to introduce an OOC thread when I mentioned putting forth some info about 'The Strip' and the slavers.  It's at the point now where this thread has become somewhat of a necessity, considering the growing complexity of factions in the region and their relations.

I tried to put the city into perspective a month or so ago by scrapping a basic map together:

Since Kensie migrated from Denver and Spinelli was stranded during a connecting flight from Ft. Lauderdale to Seattle, Utah came into mind.  So I used Salt Lake City as a basis for the nameless city in the roleplay.

The Strip is two intersecting, downtown, quarter mile city avenues.  The ends of the avenues are sealed off by four different makeshift walls at the north, south, east and west sides.  At the NE corner of the intersection stands one of the city's tallest buildings, the Roswell Tower.  The Strip serves as the region's trading hub, abundant with markets, saloons and etcetera.  The Strip is open to everyone from independent merchants and tribes, to large regional powers.

The steel warehouse on the map represents a faction that the outposts refer to as slavers, due to their involvement in human trafficking (Err, anthro trafficking): specifically the slave trade based within The Strip, which only accounts for a small fraction of the slaver's wealth.  The slavers are rich with steel, being based in a group of fortified warehouses in an industrial park west of downtown.  They patrol the industrial park and hold control over a rail yard just south of their headquarters.

The Strip is open to all players to add any content they wish.  The steel warehouse was a faction I came up with to fill in some holes in Lola's backstory.  They're the ones who tortured her, so the SS and slavers are currently involved in a conflict over steel and revenge.  Other than what I've mentioned, this faction is completely undeveloped and opened to any player to take over.  Regarding that, Kensie mentioned a rail yard, which I found to be quite a coincidence.  So, Jacob, if you'd like, you can take over the steel warehouse/rail yard.  OR!  We could do something different, I'm just presenting ideas.  The map and all, just ideas!  Let me know your thoughts.

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
  • The one and only fantastic Mr Grayfox
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Grayfox
  • Coloring: Normal color and markings of a grayfox, save for the right ear which is all orange
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 130ish
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: The grayest fox
Re: Surviving the Apocalypse! (OOC)
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 12:18:14 AM »
I had an idea for a faction that had control over a train yard, and actually had train up and running to a different part of the state. The reason would of been unknown, but if we put our ideas together, it could be for slave trading. Kensie also mentioned them having heavy armor, because I had planned the railway faction to be remnants of the National Guard, or atleast of had them be a group that scavanged and stripped the local Nation Guard station, getting atleast two tanks, and other military gear. But so far it all looks good! Im thinking up of an outpost for the firestation right now, ill post it here once I get the details together.
Thats it! Your flesh is now forfit to the impending doom down yonder in the horse fields!

Offline [INACTIVE]

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 06:05:32 AM »
When will you reopen the RP so other people can join, Because I would love to join this RP.

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Normal color and markings of a grayfox, save for the right ear which is all orange
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 04:31:23 AM »
In not sure, thats something we will have to talk about, in due time.
Thats it! Your flesh is now forfit to the impending doom down yonder in the horse fields!

Offline [INACTIVE]

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 04:39:14 AM »
And I will be sitting here. Waiting.

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2015, 06:43:50 PM »
Hello hello?

Offline ghia

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2016, 01:11:48 AM »
Yo yo yo!  Sorry for being elusive, the holidays were a total bust.  Wonked work schedule, computer problems and all that jazz.  Anyways.  Trains! Tanks and slaves!  Ahh!  That'll work out great I think.  Also, just to note: I mentioned that the SS and the slavers are currently at each other's throats.  To clarify, they're not at war.  At least not full-out war, it's more like a dead heat between the two.  Where the SS is standoffish, and the slavers are holding back from steamrolling the SS to avoid all-out war with the entire hospital faction.

The train will be a huge bonus when it comes to brining material supplies into the city, as well as slaves.  Plus, the tanks.  This all makes for quite a powerful faction, but not over-powered by any means.  We'll just have to buff the hospital a little bit, I think.  I've been thinking about it, and I think the buff could be in the form of an allied faction.  I was thinking about placing the new faction at the University of Utah Health Care building (a real location).  This faction would be more of an intellectual power and not so much militarized.  Also, this faction wouldn't have any real outposts, except the Town Hall outpost, which I planned to make a co-op between the University and the Hospital/SS (which would better justify its location.)  The Town Hall outpost isn't really much of an outpost at all, it's evolved into a small faction of its own, thus why I mentioned it being the only autonomous outpost when I initially joined the rp, it's the alliance's bastard child.

The placement of the University faction kinda gobbles up the eastern part of the city, so let me know if this would end up being problematic or not, since I'm not sure where you were planning to put the Fire Station outpost.  Otherwise, there's plenty of industry out west, plus the airport, and a second rail yard.  Or, you know, anything could be anywhere.  I just like using actual locations, because I'm lazy.  To make another note: the Fire Station, Rosewell Tower, Hospital, and Town Hall aren't real locations, so don't bother Google mapping them.

Also, just to make another note: If the University is cool with you, I likely won't be trying to inject any more factions for a long while, just trying to get everything nice and balanced.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 04:43:41 AM by Ursula »

Offline Axl D. Kjellson

• Vibrating Furby
  • Someone call a scientist, I'm stuck in the stairs!
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Red and Black
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 126 lbs
  • Build: Nimble but muscular
  • Currently: The mood that represents my feelings
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 07:29:11 AM »

Name: Axl Kjellson
Appearance: Axl is a black and red fox, his chest and tip of tail being red and his limbs being black. (The tips of everything are red though) Axl has the right eye being a natural yellow color and the left eye being a dark red. He also has two stars on his cheek on either side and a scar running down his left eye from a childhood accident. He stands at 5’11” and 126 lbs. He has a small but muscular build and he is also quite nimble. Axl usually wears converse, jeans, a tee shirt with a button up over it and his lucky goggles. Due to the apocalypse, he now wears combat boots, cargo pants, a long sleeve shirt with a tactical vest over it, and still his goggles.
Species: Fox
Personality: Optimistic, outgoing, friendly, and brave.
History: Before the apocalypse affected Axl’s home town, he was a pizza delivery boy during his high school years and right after. Axl also took his time down at the local shooting range since he planned to join the service as a Sniper. So Axl was a pretty good shot and was on his way to the recruitment centre when shit hit the fan.
In his childhood, the only thing worth mentioning is how he got the nasty scar down his eye. He was just learning how to ride his bike when he went too far in his yard and fell down a hill. Eventually, one of his tires bounce up and broke leaving him to tumble off the bike. When his dad found him, one of the tire spokes ran down his face and he was out cold.
General Equipment: A UMP .45 submachine gun with a red dot and a silencer and a M11-A1 9mm (Sig Sauer). Also a rope handled combat knife.
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

Offline ghia

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2016, 06:18:22 AM »
Welcome to the party, Axl.  You're accepted, post whenever you're ready!  Sorry I didn't jump on that right away, this week has been total and utter madness, so I'll be posting tomorrow.  In the meantime, I scratched up a new map to include some new locations.

(1) Pine Street Fire Station "The Fire Station"
(2) Salt Lake City Police Department "The Den"
(3) University of Utah Hospital "The University"
(4) Salt Lake City Hall "Town Hall"
(5) Intsel Steel West / Union Pacific Railyard "The Railyard"
(6) Roswell Tower "The Strip"
(7) St. Jude's Hospital / Englewood Clinic "The Hospital"
(8) "Warehouse Outpost"
(9) "West Outpost"

In addition, I'd like to note that the Salt Lake City in this universe is substantially larger than the real Salt Lake City; three to four times larger.  So the concrete jungle spans out quite a ways, and the urban core is between (1), (2), (4) and (6).  I also decided to make a quick map of the strip, since our characters will likely end up there very soon.

The orange boarder represents a guarded, and or walled-off perimeter.
(1) North State Street Toll
(2) East 1300 Toll
(3) South State Street Toll
(4) West 1300 Toll
(5) Rosewell Tower, parking structure, etcetera.
(6) 85 State Street Building, parking structure, etcetera.

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2016, 07:32:47 AM »
The new map looks good! And sorry about the delay, ill get on it sometime tomorrow before Axl yells at me again :P

Offline Axl D. Kjellson

• Vibrating Furby
  • Someone call a scientist, I'm stuck in the stairs!
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Red and Black
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 126 lbs
  • Build: Nimble but muscular
  • Currently: The mood that represents my feelings
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2016, 02:36:03 PM »
It's not that I'll yell at you, it's that I'll bitch until you do it :D
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2016, 10:05:30 PM »
*poke* anyone alive?
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Folic Acid

• Jovial Jaguar
  • I am only &%$#@!% human what am I supposed to do?
  • Species: Hyena
  • Coloring: Grey, black spots, and a green mohawk
  • Height: 6'0
  • Weight: 110 lbs.
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: Hating what I have become...
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2016, 10:31:51 PM »
Is this still joinable
“A joker is a little fool who is different from everyone else. He's not a club, diamond, heart, or spade. He's not an eight or a nine, a king or a jack. He is an outsider. He is placed in the same pack as the other cards, but he doesn't belong there. Therefore, he can be removed without anybody missing him.”
I'm that Joker!

Pet's name: Zuknaer
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2016, 02:39:33 AM »
Is Ghia still around?