The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Golem, Art Thou Truly Existent? (VeeSmith, Myself)  (Read 3152 times)

Offline DeusExAshen

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Lupinely Wolven
  • Coloring: Black, white, and angry all over.
Golem, Art Thou Truly Existent? (VeeSmith, Myself)
« on: November 03, 2007, 02:27:10 AM »
He walked and he was no more a friend, nor no more alone then the one whom walked beside him. That person was no one. He existed, alone, in that land of abysmal apathy.

The soil was corrupt and scented heavily with those that had died upon it, or simply, the dead that still lingered. Twisted weeds grew untamed amongst the the fields of colorless grass. Some grew to the heights of trees, and some even mimicked their gracious brethren. Fruits, consumable and not, tasteless and fulfilling, grew plump and fell from them. He was not hungry, today, though.

At least, he wasn't hungry for that, that could be consumed with the mouth. He was not hungry for something that could be digested graciously. What he searched for was needed much more than basic sustenance, and without it, no one could survive, unless they would willfully abandon their sanity. It was company, but of his own design and demands.

The land began to change with his pace, and he was no longer in the wilderness. The wilderness was not his home, but it was home of a little beast that he needed. Within two muscular paws was a sizable vial of substance that could have only been simple, wasted blood in any other existence, but in this land, it was vast potential. The potential, though reassuring, was wasted upon him as he strode along his ziggurat, which was erected for no one but his ego.

The stone steps had long been eroded and charred away by the magics that consumed him. The ground was burnt under heated foot paws; his natural body temperature was so rampant that it was volcanic, despite the physical containment. There were a series of arms that greeted their inflammatory master as he returned.

They hailed him with arousal and careful raking of the land around them. Soulless as they were, they still gave the illusion that they were alive. Purple, twisted, and covered in the runes of a civilization long passed, they were as strange to him as they would be to any other entity that viewed them, but they were his. They were his servants, and they were his defense in this land that was as wild as it was dire. He had long become a victim of that place, however, and even though one of the few there that had a soul, he was slowly losing his.

The set of stairs that had originally been presented were getting dramatically higher until a zenith was viewed. The point was covered with the skeletal remains of humanoids. Broken, twisted skulls and shards projected his image to that of a murderer, and in another time, he was. The remains thereof were never truly alive, however, so he did not slay those that could ever be afraid, or resistant to death.

There were the bodies of those, not yet decomposed, that were still intact however. They were disfigured and distorted. They were both male and female, and they sat there with vacant stares. He did not stare back, for whatever pitiful emotion still left in him couldn't stand the pain of viewing the failures. There was one more attempt to be made, though, and at the tip of his lonely ziggurat was a body, perfect by his standards.

The open sky was laid out above him and his fane. It swirled in a demonic fashion, and contained those that had died a long time ago, or just died recently. It was a maelstrom of souls, millions upon millions that were ejected from their living bonds. They would be recycled, and they would live. They would have purpose, but he, that poor bastard, he would remain alone in that land. He couldn't kill himself, and the only alternative was to be consumed by the reapers, which would destroy his soul all together. It literally was a fate worse then death. He looked down at the body before he broke into tears like so many other times before.

The vial was set down next to the body, which idly stared up at that twisted sky as it laid out on a stone table. She was a beautiful creature, though a mishmash of several species; there was some lupine in her, and there was some vulpine.  Peppered in was a feline as well, and to that, a powerful one.  The fur itself was ebony and as abysmal as any night.  Those paws were relatively large, but soft, so much so that he dared touch and held one in his search for comfort. The flesh was cold, but not distorted like his other failures. The table was littered with the grimoires and tomes used to make her.

They explained to him the means and processes he had to go through to make her. Part of it was to provide her some sort fluid to be actuated upon, and so, he let go of her hand, and sliced his wrists on a jagged edge of the table. Being the entity he was, he was more alive than most, and could provide life; he could also feel it as well. Those wrists dug deep into the edges, and he was almost more than eager to nearly saw them off in the process. He grunted and fell to his knees; the pain was immense, but he endured it.

The blood seeped out and filled some internal trenches in the table until they reached the multitude of prickly stones that pierced her body. It entered her as he wanted, and soon he would withdraw his paws. Although unusable at that current moment, they healed up as he took up the vial and smashed it across the table in some vast fatigue. Conjugating with his fluid, she was filled slowly up and thus, completed that step of the process.

Now he found himself in a tome, and in some archaic tongue, he announced his intentions and his wants. The golem would live, soulless, soon enough, but in his fatigue, he minced his words. The incantation was augmented, unbeknownst to him. A soul, to be free, to live again at some other point, was stolen from the maelstrom.

In his crime, and his dereliction of the laws of the universe, he was punished with the one thing he did not want. Someone that could possibly betray him. He did not have the foresight of the incident however, and he grasped at the golem's face. Turning to him, he felt the warmth, and he felt reaction.

"Arise, creature, and obey my words. With this, I give you your rules of existence; you will--" He preached, but stopped as he realized the female was listening. She was supposed to listen, but in undying loyalty and emotionless attention.

She listened, though, and was alive in doing so. Stunned, he simply looked lost as she gained color. He could not give her the words, he could not give her a welcome. She wasn't wanted.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 02:30:55 AM by DeusExAshen »
Down the proverbial rabbit hole and into a foxhole.

Offline desalia

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
  • HATE is a 4 letter word.... LOVE is a 4 letter lie
    • Awards
  • Species: vampire/wolf
  • Height: 5'3
  • Weight: 90
  • Build: perfect and curves
Re: Golem, Art Thou Truly Existent? (VeeSmith, Myself)
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 02:46:23 AM »
a figure walks out from the darkness

"hello?"
my voice echoed

i thought to myself *i have nothing to worry about im the strongest vampire of my blood line*

i looked around
*i can kill what ever and who ever*

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 02:51:10 AM »
Everything was black. There were no thoughts. No emotions. Nothing. Just an empty shell that meant nothing, thought nothing, and felt nothing.

But, in an instant, the empty shell began to feel and to think. What touched it in its back felt like...pins, or needles. Things with pointed tips, indeed. It felt its head turned to look at something. Wait...it felt? It was alive...she was alive.

Her eyes opened as she heard herself being talked to by this other creature. She listened to it intently, not used to hearing, well, anything really. But the voice stopped, and the creature just looked at her. It looked...what was the word? Oh yes, lost. She felt as though something was wrong...

Was it her? Was something wrong with her? She didn't know. And so, she just looked back at the creature, not able to find the voice, let alone the words, for what she was thinking and feeling.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline desalia

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
  • HATE is a 4 letter word.... LOVE is a 4 letter lie
    • Awards
  • Species: vampire/wolf
  • Height: 5'3
  • Weight: 90
  • Build: perfect and curves
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 03:10:06 AM »
i looked at the new comer

my head cocked to the side

=s

i just stood there looking at it look back at me

*if this thing is a threat i will have nothing but to kill it*

my mind quickly left and i collapsed

Offline DeusExAshen

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 05:53:05 AM »
Mutuality was the word of the moment, or the lack thereof since neither spoke a word.  Stunned for nothing better than the tormented existence he had to live, not even a welcome could be provided.  Eventually he would move, the vagrant grasp given to the creature's face removing itself as he meditated alone in his mind.

He rose as an entity the likes of this mortal has probably never seen before.  However, maybe she was a demoness, or an angel.  Maybe she was an insect, or simply just a lap cat.  She could even be a he, but whatever it was, it had to have died to be resurrected in such a stage.  Was it in an infant phase, or was it an adult?  Could it comprehend morals?  Could it love?  Could it entertain the thought of lust?  To that, could it betray?  It was within and upon that thinned strand of patience that he finally snapped from his inaction.  A hellion and a warrior thereof, his reaction was quick and violent.  Strained with a sudden rage, his paw gripped the petite neck of the entity.

No longer the pet golem he had saught to create, he had created something more alive than a mere machination of his petty desires.  His stature and build, combined with the lack of any effective blood flow in her system meant that she was quick prey to the ripping swoop that tore her from the pitiful alter.  The multitude of spines erected to project life were shattered and spurned over the ground, while the pages of the tomes and grimoires were ripped and spurned into a ragged hurricane in the wind.  For the moment, he wasn't concerned that a decade of studies were possibly now ruined.  Instead, he just pressed the feminine body into the wall, and to that, he was on her like the wrathful creation he was.

To that, he was a beast, an animal of Hell, but sentient and vaguely groomed.  A shapely form accompanied him wherever he went, and whatever he became simply for the reason that he was truly immortal in this hellish home-sake.  There was a tone in him, bare muscle was shown and felt as he pressed her to the wall.  A hermit, as much as he was, he was still in fairly proud shape.  Lengthy hair, as wild as he was, flowed in the abysmal wind as he looked upon her with contempt.  Together, their dark bodies hid in the shadows, which was the only sanctuary from the light of that horrid maelstrom of souls always overhead.  Together their bodies joined, despite the nudity of both of them.  He was beyond such sanctum of space, however.

That they were there, so close, was not because of his mind given into boundless lust, but out of sheer anger.  There was never any revenge for him, there was never any angered release for him.  The last time he had ever seen another soul, was when the soul was ripping his eyes out.  The last time he heard another soul, was when that soul was ripping his ears off.  The last time he tasted another soul, was when that soul was ripping his tongue out.  Not again, he exclaimed to himself!  Not another soul, not another lie!  Madness raced through his head, as he choked that creation.  She would return to that maelstrom, she would be murdered again, and she would go back to that horrid cycle of life.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 09:21:43 PM »
The silence felt like it dragged out forever. This did give her time to think about things though. She was alive again. She tried remembering what life had been like before her death or even how she died. It was hard for her to contemplate things when she had just been brought back to this other creature not long ago. How did she die? Was she murdered? She believed she was...but why? Why had she been murdered? Did she deserve that fate? She tried to remember where she had lived, what her life was like, who she knew, what she had been. Basically anything about her past life. But what she really was trying to remember was her speech. It would come back to her but slowly at first.

He released her head from his grasp and she watched him, curiously. She believed she had seen a being like this before. If she could remember that, then she wondered why she couldn't remember what she had been or what she was now, for that matter. She angled her eyes to look at her body. She had black fur and she was skinny but with a little muscle. She was definately a mixture of things. It seemed to her that she was wolf, jaguar, and hmm...fox maybe? Maybe she was a demoness. She had probably been murdered, after all, so that would make sense. Then again, innocent creatures were often murdered too, so she could have been an angel. She let her questions move to the back of her mind now though, figuring that she might know the answers later.

She angled her eyes to look back at him just as he grabbed her by the throat, lifting her off the alter and forcing her against the wall. She let out a small yelp in surprise and fear. Was her new life really going to be cut this short? Was she to be sent back from wence she came? She wriggled in his grasp and pulled at his hand with her own, but she knew that it was no use. She was just brought back to life and very little strength. She was no match for him.

Gasping for air, she continued to try to pull his hand off her throat. She tried to remember the words she wanted to use and how to make the sounds for them. "P-pl-please..." She stuttered out the words that unfamiliar for her to speak through gasps of air. "Please, n-not a-again." She looked at him pleading, still gripping his hand with both of hers and trying to at least loosen his grasp. She didn't want to die. Not now. Not like this. Her eyes would've been filled with tears but she held them back. So many feelings coursed through her at once. She was scared and sad, frustrated and on the verge of being extremely angry, happy to be alive again but crushed to know that her new life could end soon.

She didn't want to go back to that dark, never-ending, lifeless void. She liked being alive, liked feeling and thinking. Going back was like a fate worse than death to her now that she knew what it was like in the void. She continued to look at him pleadingly, not sure if it would work but it was worth a shot. Maybe he'd let her live. Maybe, just maybe.
Posted on: November 04, 2007, 03:19:13 PM
((Rose and Confused, this RP is just for DeusExAshen and me. Sorry, but it says it right next to the title.))

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline DeusExAshen

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 05:34:25 AM »
Her body was adjusting now, and all the blood was starting to settle in her circularity system.  For what she was in the past, she was becoming something else with each passing moment.  She was a new entity, a physical manifestation of an ethereal land  There was a newfound heat that came from her, and it was different, different from the beast that he took it from.  Those paws were still around her, however, vindictive and torturing.  The gasps and struggles were all blocked out as he mindlessly gave into murderous tendencies.  There was little regret in his actions of extinguishing a life before it could comprehend that death was unacceptable, but before he could wring the soul from her, she spoke and cried out for mercy.

He loosened up on his aggressive, bullish stance, but she was still in danger.  That she pleaded with him however resulted in a limited window of safety.  He was not mercy, and he was not loving.  In a fiery motion, she was tossed away from the shadows and onto the ground, where she was welcomed, vacantly, into the growing mess on the cold ground.  The jaded reaction that he gave the female wasn't ending now, no, barely, he was just starting.  Perhaps he would torture her, perhaps maim her.  He was revenge, incarnate, and for his death, and his binding, he would make another suffer for it.

Maliciously, he approached, and as he did, his body began to become darker, and through his fur projected a warm light.  It coursed through him, and he harnessed it, painfully into his right arm.  He held it out and projected a bare, fount of flame.  It surged like a tower, until it was no longer an errant threat, but a shapeless, hand-held weapon.  "It was with this hand that I eviscerated the holy!" he shrieked out, his tone becoming alien and shrill.  "It was this hand that I sinned by brutalizing the high!"  He came closer, and each footstep smoldered the ground he walked on to the point that it eroded away in ash.  The desolate wind picked it up and spurned it in the air.  "Hellion I was, Hellion I was born!  With this hand, I held my spiteful sister, whom whipped and tore the many--" he cut himself up and held his other paw up.  "--and this hand held my grudging, cutting brother, whom sheared and emasculated those too strong to be seduced by my whipping dear!"  His memories started to come back, from years of repression.

It was either with a renewed glory that he lit up, or blazon regret as he understood how much he fell from his glorious position as a young warrior in his Lord's army.  He was different, now, however, and with the lack of any physical armament, he created his own through witchcraft.  The flaming pole held in his right paw expanded and exploded into a spray of embers.  In the left paw was held an ethereal flame, the size of a sword.  The right hand, the image of a whip was manifested and then spurned with much spite and hatred toward her direction.  It grasped her torso and burnt the flesh under the fur.  It worked it's way into her, and again she could feel the pain of the living.

The brutality was tender, relative to what he could do, however.  Part of him withheld, and it begged him to let the girl live, because when she left, he'd be alone again, but there was more to her murder than revenge.  Even in his apathetic speech of anger and resentment, he had to kill her, and to send her back into the maelstrom.  She was not a bound entity, and when she returned to the maelstrom, she would return to the life-cycle once more.  The highest priority however, in his madness, was to evoke some sort of revenge for his betrayal and abandonment.  It was a fair trade, he comforted himself, as he tore her back towards him; he would provide her with a decade's worth of pain, so that she could be free from this madness.

With a slow sflaming bag of dog dooe, the sworded flame raked the ground; sparks erupted from the stone floor and he called to her in a beastly noise.  "The shepherd wants his sheep back, he said to his dog, and his dog brings this message to you, personally..."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 06:35:14 AM »
She noticed that her body was changing now and she was becoming something different than what he had expected and/or wanted. She could see it on his face, though he had no specific expression telling her so, she just knew somehow. Her eyes widened some when he had loosened his grip. She knew she still wasn't safe. What would he do to her now? She was wondering to herself. And she soon found out the answer. For no longer had he loosened his grip had he tossed her onto the cold ground like a rag doll.

She let out a cry of pain when she hit but she didn't give up. She lifted herself with arms so she was on her hands and knees. Then she slowly stood up. As he drew nearer to her and spoke of these things, she backed away. She wasn't going to run but she wanted the distance between them. She couldn't believe what she was seeing even though it was right in front of her eyes. She couldn't help telling herself that it was her fault that he was acting like this. Now she knew that there was, in fact, something wrong with her. This is all my fault... She thought to herself. Maybe I shouldn't have been brought back. Somehow I've ruined my chance at another life. What have I done? What's wrong with me? She was angry now. With herself. Believing that she was about to be killed and sent to the maelstrom again because she had some defect, some unwanted feature.

He swung the fiery whip out at her, wrapping it around her torso. It burned her flesh and worked its way into her. She screamed in pain. Surely anyone else would have tears streaming down their face right now, but she held them back. She fought. She knew that if she wanted to remain alive then she would have to fight for it and against who had brought her back. It might seem sort of like betrayal to some for her to fight her creator, but she wasn't going to just give up like that and let herself be murdered again. The pain was immense. It was amazing to her that she hadn't passed out yet. She fought against the whip, trying to break free. But the more she moved around, the more that whip would dig into her flesh. She doubted that pleading eyes would save her life here. But this creature must have created her for some reason, right? If she had no reason to be here then she would obviously still be stuck in the maelstrom.

She decided that while she tried to fight against the whip pulling her back towards him, she would try to talk to him and maybe get some answers. Maybe even get him to loosen the whip, if not remove it fully. She had gotten her speech back and remembered how to put things together. And so, she listened to his next sentence, looking him right in the eye, knowing that she still had a slight pained expression on her face.

"What have I done wrong?" She asked him, very serious about everything she was saying. "You must have created me for a reason and I don't think the reason was to send me to my death again. So why am I not wanted? Am I just another one of your failed experiments?" She nodded her head towards where the disfigured and distorted bodies were piled. Her anger and frustration was rising now, and she continued to fight with the whip as she spoke. "When you find out that there's the slightest thing wrong you kill it, tossing the body to the side and starting on another! I'm absolutely positive that you aren't perfect either! You're a murderer! And I will not! Be murdered! Again!" Her anger had now turned to rage, practically right in his face when she yelled at him, and she was really fighting against the whip now. "Would you want to be thrown aside, or killed, for that matter, for your imperfections? I would think not! So why don't you get your stupid whip off of me and tell me why I'm here! Tell me why I was brought back just so I could be unwanted and killed again! Tell me what's wrong with me! Tell me!!!" She was glaring right into his eyes, her last words echoing out around them.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 02:18:44 AM by VeeSmith »

Offline DeusExAshen

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 10:38:52 AM »
T he dispute became venomous, and now he had a rather vicious she-beast in his possession.  That inflamed whip yanked at her torso and wore away at her, but it simply didn't have enough energy to gut her straight-out.  Simply he just held her for now, as if to support her steadily for the upcoming severing that came from the real threat.  It ran across the ground like a scythe about to reap a season's bounty of wheat.  Certainly, she was grown out of that petty existence, and soon she would be severed from it to fulfill some role greater than herself, he thought.  Eventually, she started barking and became much more vocal about her perceived needs.  The creature, as newly bred as she was, certainly had a lot more past than he could have ever imagined.  It was a pity that that she could remember how to survive.

Soon, he misjudged her ability to survive, and she was upon him, the treacherous child.  The blade was withdrawn for the moment as he struggled to contain her rebellion.  The whip churned and pulled her tighter.  It would have been so easier to kill the thing, were she trying to kill him.  There was no mortality to him, however, and certainly she could try to kill him, but any lethal blow would soon be undone by his binds.  Even though he knew this, however, she did not, and so, she struggled, and rebelled, as if she could defeat him.  The whip released, and she was promptly brought before a thundering backhand that shot her body away from him.  It hit that stone alter with a demoralizing sound, but it was not enough stop his wrath, as he was soon upon her.  A foot lifted up and pressed against her spine as she was wrought with vindication.

As she was bet over the stone piece, he towered over her and engraving a foot print into her back from that immense, scolding heat.  She was to be executed for her snide remarks, and bestial attitude.  The means of execution was raised, and glowed a sinister red as he prepared to tear her open from the neck down.  The fires of that blade touched upon her neck and it incinerated the fur on her neck.  She had a moment to live, however, when it came to the time to plunge her back into her ethereal wilderness, in that moment, he paused.  Certainly he had displayed the same brutality in the past, and had to endure the brutality all the same, but never had he been entrusted with a life.  In his endless silent thereafter, he peered, out the side of his eye, he would catch the glimpse of his shallow brutality.

The bodies adorned his stairs were as motionless as always; even though they were all being corroded away in this wasted place, there was naught but a murder in any of their creation.  There was not a soul, nor a reaction in any of them, and they crept away into the annals of time.  They were no greater than the sum of all the products used to make them.  Each one was a failure, and he mourned and hated each one of them as his sanity met a worse fate than not.

The creature before him, however, lived, and she struggled desperately to stay alive.  She was the last creature in so many years that he was capable of destroying, and certainly, it may have been his obligation too, but on the same token, she was also birthed by his contempt and misery.  Still born, for a moment he imagined a parent, a parent about the slay their only child, and could he possibly do that?  "I have the blood of innocence on my paws, and it will never wash off.  I don't wish it gone.  I am not burdened by it, in my brutality.  I turned out to be just as innocent.  Just recently I've been corrupted, and lest you become like me, I need to slay you."  His foot withdrew from the female's back and settled back down; after a decade of enslavement, he had burdened himself too harshly, and the warrior in him had died the moment he had, but as it always was, he never realized it.  Despite his rage, he decided to execute her cleanly.  The sword was brought up, and he spoke to her in a somber-tone.  "Imperfect as you are, creature, I do not kill you because of your mistake.  It is my burden that I remain, alone."  

That jaded edge was brought down swiftly toward her.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 10:42:36 AM by DeusExAshen »

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 05:04:58 AM »
Her body was shaking with her rage. She didn't want to go down like this, killed by her creator. It would be like one of those news stories that were on TV in the time before she died, where they talked about a mother killing her own children for one insane reason or another. But that was not to be her story. She didn't want it to be so she would keep up her fight to stop it from happening.

She was released without a word and then backhanded into the alter. She assumed that she would be in extreme pain were she not so angry that she wasn't really feeling the physical pain at this point. She could feel her back getting hotter from his foot and she felt her neck fur get incinerated, but other than that, there was no pain that should have come with it.

He paused, she could tell. She knew that he obviously would have normally killed her right then and there and been done with it but he had stopped a moment to think about something. She wasn't sure what that something was though. After some silence, he spoke to her and then removed his foot. She knew she still wasn't in the clear however, especially after his last two sentences...

Sensing that something was going to happen, she quickly moved out of the way of his sword. She moved away from him hastily, walking backwards, looking behind her and checking where she was going at times, and speaking to him, not in an angry but calm tone. "You must have wanted a companion. If not, then there would have been no point in my creation. Unless, perhaps, you felt like creating another Being just so you could tell them that it was your burden to remain alone. Which really doesn't make sense to me but, then again, I'm not like you so I don't think the same way..."

She hoped that maybe if she calmed down then he would delay his attempts, but she doubted it. When she set foot on normal ground, she turned and ran. She wouldn't run far, of course, because she just wanted a distance between them where it would be more difficult for him to attack her, even with the whip. Once she believed she was far enough away, she stopped and turned back around to look back in his direction. Now she felt the pain of the burn on her back along with her torso pain and she felt the pain of when she hit the alter. She fought it though. If she didn't, then it would probably end up overcoming her and she would be as good as dead.

Offline DeusExAshen

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 11:33:33 AM »
H e swung, and although destruction was on his mind, he could not seem to perform such a simple act of destroying a harmless female, it'd seem.  The flaming blade missed naught but the alter, which was nearly severed in half by the scolding weapon.  He turned, still with murderous intent in mind, toward the girl.  Slowly he maneuvered in her direction and still arrogant as any hell he was born out of.  While he wielded unimaginative power, and the rage to back it, he wasn't a quick beast; no, his tactics were performed and delivered with a strong arm, so when she chose to free, he went after her with a sluggish step.  It was a folly that she would run from him, wasn't it?  He played with the idea, still obviously treating the newborn with contempt, however, he soon underestimated her will to survive.

She ran fearfully, but still attached enough to her place of birth to stay close to him.  At first he walked, keeping himself composed and his weapons on display, however, she began to run, and keep a steady distance.  It was then that his composure became a little shaken.  "Female, stop.  You're trying my patience..." he growled out, in hopes of reaching her before she would realize the threat of a real oblivion.  As she ran, the jackal withdrew his weapons back into his system as he required his energy for another assault.  His pets, the stone-laden hands, would erect and become the source of his aggression now.  When she tried to escape the temple, the hands performed for, and threatened her.  They moved in alien motions; they jolted at her, then paused as if they incapable of the proper, fluid motions that was required of gripping an object.  For each time he missed her, his temper was flared all the more.  It wasn't because of her insurrection, however.

Eventually his attempts became inadequate, he would not catch her with his parlor tricks, and now, she was too far out to be caught by conventional means.  He dropped his magical facade and began to run after her now, one paw aimed out at her as he came at her.  His rage was beyond words now, and so he pursued her like a ravenous beast.  That expression became desperation, however, as he heard the haunting moan of a creature so archaic that even his ageless elders could never fully comprehend their existence.  In her lack of strength, she gave up for the moment, with those wounds providing a great deterrent for her rebellion.  At the moment, however, it was too late for them both, for the reaper's reaper had descended.

That outreached paw now struck out at her as he approached, though it was not at her.  It went to the ground, hollow and dead as it was, and he released a chant and a variant spell that lasted not even a fraction of a moment.  Desperately he enclosed them both within a runic message as ageless as the monster that came.  She was grabbed at, without much restraint, and he put her to his lap as he tried to squeeze as much as he could within their limited room, and then he watched, his arms nearly squeezing her to death; however, for once, the death of the creation wasn't an option, at all.  Shallow, dedicated eyes watched as writhing, ethereal creature flew into their deathly light; it performed maneuvers for them under a pair of haunted wings, and screeched a wordless chanted.

There was no rhyme or reason to the beast, presumably, except to be a twisted thrall, but he feared the thing; he feared it because what it was meant a lot more than life or death.  It saw them, not through a pair of eyes, but by the recently constructed girl's vagrant soul.  It came to them in a haste, far more hungry and far more desperate than the demon's own pursuit of the girl; he could not match the creature's desire.  Not even the most sinful of beasts could match this thing's needs.

Bound by ragged, torn flesh, it was ghastly and decaying.  There was naught but a torso, wings, and two sickled appendages, but each of which was in such a state of disrepair that the only thing that kept it together was that deathly aura that surrounded it, and for all intents and purposes, that's how it moved, not by the appendages that seemed to dangle from it.  It came to her, it came and looked at her with a pair of twisted sockets upon a humanoid face.  As it entered their space, it split that face open like a pair of mandibles.  The flesh ripped apart, and eventually the body ripped in half to produce a fiery, reddish flesh underneath.  Possibly the only thing living on the creature, it began to sucking away at the pair.  Their binds began to react and shimmer, though the ground around them started to decay.  It was not the first time he witnessed this creature, so as afraid as he was of it, he gave it a bleak, apathetic stare.

In that moment, he would issue her a statement, as barren and horrid as their situation was.  "You should have let me kill you.  There are things far worse then death, and right now, the only thing keeping that fate away from you is an unstable Hellion, whom is much less a warrior now as he is a warlock.  I hope to whatever deity you worshiped before, that these ancient letters hold."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2007, 08:29:45 PM »
While she had run she heard him yelling to her telling her to stop. She had just glanced back at him then. He was sluggish in his pursuit, she had realized, and he withdrew his weapons back into himself. The stone-laden hands had reached out on his command to try to stop her but they had not mastered the art of gripping an object. She had chuckled slightly at the attempt and had kept running.

He had begun to run after her and she had heard him. She had glanced back a second time to see him pursuing her with an outstretched arm and his look had seemed to change from that of rage to desperation. It had seemed to her then that she shouldn't have run out this far. Something was going to happen and she had felt it before it had come. She had stopped because she had gotten a little tired and she hadn't wanted to go too far. But she realized she was too late, and he was too late in trying to stop her.

She heard the moaning of some creature that she did not know the likes of and a chill ran up her spine. Her creator's outstretched paw didn't try to grab her now but struck the ground and he recited a chant. It sounded somewhat familiar to her but she didn't know exactly why. She was still relearning things, after all. She was soon grabbed, with little restraint, and pulled onto his lap. His hold on her was very tight and she would have fought against him had she not realized that he was, indeed, protecting her from the beast that was now upon them.

The beast looked at her but, as soon as it started to change, she closed her eyes. She couldn't stand to look at it and she was frightened, more now than she had been when her creator had been trying to kill her. She shivered some because of her fear of the beast. Somehow she realized that it was after her soul, that she was the reason this beast had come to them. Her eyes remained closed as her creator issued his statement.

There was a few seconds of silence then her eyes shot open as if she was overcome by something else, looking at the beast. Something in her past life, perhaps, that had come back to her now for her protection. She began to reinforce his chant with more of her own. They sounded similiar to his though and were said in a tone that was slightly different than her own, but her normal tone was like a second voice chanting with the other. In the back of her mind, she didn't know how she was doing this or what she was even saying, but it didn't seem that she would be able to stop it, nor did she try to. The more protection she had from whatever this beast was, the better.

Offline DeusExAshen

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2007, 09:46:14 AM »
I n the moments that they were stuck there, he proceeded to think of a way to get her out harm's way.  She wasn't marked in the ways that he was, nor was she savvy of the beast's abilities or intents.  Even though he was nearly invisible to creature, he was still threatened by their existence.  If he stepped away from his rigged ward, he'd certainly embrace an oblivion as worse as death, just as much as she would.  Part of him wanted to slay the foolish girl out of some sort of pompous content where they lay, but that meant her soul was going to be forfeit without the aid of his allotment of wards on the ziggurat.  It was in his thoughts, however, that he would not notice her transformation.

As he listened to her, he felt the ground around them become more secure, but at the same time, he was disheartened by the new development.  Partly, he was insecure with the prospect that she was more than what she seemed, which made it so much more harder to accept her as a simple slave, which would have been her only alternative option outside of death.  The other part of  his concern, came from the simple idea that she was messing with the only thing that kept them alive.  She had already displayed some absurd ignorance already.  There was a trust issue here, especially when they fought for their pure existence.  He couldn't rely on her, and so, promptly, he formulated for a moment before he acted out of instinct.  Slapping a stern paw over the female's mouth, he promptly cut off her aid.  To that, he would then whip her body across his arms as he prepared for a madder dash than not.

He got up, still holding the female's mouth, and he could feel the corrupt breath of the beast, if it was even that.  Tightly holding his prodigy, he would turn around and began to run as quickly as he could back to his temple grounds.  Behind them, the runes blocked off the indiscriminate funnel just long enough for them to run off, however, as it decayed behind them, he could feel the air around them become tighter.  His fur stood on end as he feared for himself; he could not die here, that soul was always shackled to this place.  However, his soul was still consumable, and while he was done fighting for his life, he wasn't done fighting for his eternal soul.  The rune finally shattered after a dozen seconds of being left unattended, and he could feel the repercussions as the funnel began to eat away at his back.  He let out a vicious, painful growl as he suddenly realized his vastly more mortal bounds were being ripped away from him one shackle at a time.  In a desperate sprint, he got back to his home-front just before he was vanquished; the female was thrown to the ground in a callous method.  He, himself, fell to the ground, and he almost did so brokenly.  There was a gasp, and then a revived anger, for her.

Instead of threatening her, or playing with the idea thereof, he simply reached out for her, and the soulless extensions of him all reached for her.  They grabbed her and kept her still, just long enough for him to catch his breath and to reinstate his control of the situation.  Up he stood, that sword recalled back out and once again threatening her; casually, but still hurt, he walked over to her and drew the weapon to her neck as if he were about to shower the area with her life.  Instead, as he put the sword to her neck, he paused.  "I should have let that thing consume you, certainly someone as ignorant of you doesn't deserve to exist" he would proclaim, in a tainted, demonic voice.  Despite his words, however, his sword would be retracted and he would begin to walk away.

The ethereal beast, no longer sensing a prey, began to become irate and mobile again.  It spotted his prey again, in her, and immediately jetted toward her position in attempt to devour her.  As it came near, however, the arms protecting the temple would become aroused and would become lit ablaze with their own runes.  The creature was effectively blocked of from its source of sustenance; like a cowardly beast it was, it quickly fled when it was forced to fight for the food, but it stayed effectively in the area, as the jackal did to ensure that his wards were safely protecting the female.

Peering down, at her, after the meek onslaught, he would voice himself to her as coarsely as ever once again.  "You will stay here for now, I need to meditate on what you've brought here.  If you somehow manage to recall the rest of your powers, and break from those binds, I will produce for you an agelessly slow torture, and your soul will never return to the life-cycle" he spoke in an apathetic tone.  He then turned away and proceeded back to the zenith of the temple.  Leaving her sight, she would soon be alone, and she would suffer life, alone, in this abysmal hell until he returned.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2007, 05:51:05 AM »
Her chant grew louder as she continued with it for a bit. Then she was silenced by his hand covering her mouth. She was brought back to her normal self by this and closed her eyes tightly, trying to figure out what had just happened to her.

She felt herself whipped across his arms, his hand still over her mouth, and felt him get up and run for safety. She did not open her eyes, however, as she still tried to figure things out. She wondered why he had stopped her and if her doing the chanting had made another mark against her in his eyes. The barrier that they had made with their chants held off the beast for a little while but soon she sensed that it was chasing them.

She heard him let out a painful growl and her eyes shot open. The beast eating away at his soul. He made a desperate sprint and she was thrown to the ground. She let out a groan when she hit, but it was just another dose of pain added onto the rest to her right now. She looked over at him and tried to get up but was held still. Really all she wanted to do was see if he was alright. Compassion was in her nature but, then again, that would probably be another mark against her.

He regained is breath, stood, and his sword was called back out. He walked over and held it to her neck. So this is it? She thought to herself. Protected selfishly by him just so he could be the slayer. She looked directly into his eyes, a tough look on her face, not begging for anything. He paused though, and spoke to her, before retracting the sword and starting to walk away. She was suprised by this, though she didn't show it.

She saw the beast charging towards her again. She snapped her eyes shut tight and winced, waiting for her soul to be consumed, but it wasn't and she opened her eyes. The beast was blocked by the stone-laden hands which, she guessed, had runes of their own. She was relieved by this. She saw that the beast still stayed in the area after it fled away from the barrier.

She looked up at him when he came back and peered down at her. He spoke to her in a tone that made her uncomfortable, though she was starting to get used to the tone he used with her. She did as she was told and stayed there, watching him walk away for a few seconds and then turning her attention back to the barrier.

She sat up, staring at the barrier between her and the beast. She was lucky. Lucky that he didn't leave her out there for the beast to devour her soul. She still wasn't safe though, from him. That was obvious by what he said. She rested her head in her paws and watched the barrier as she sat there alone.

She let out a sigh and tears started to roll down her cheeks. The pain from all his attempts had finally settled in and her bad thoughts had finally taken over. "I'm not a failure...I've done nothing wrong..." She whispered softly to herself. "There's nothing...wrong with me..." And her voice faded away as her tears continued to roll down her face and she was completely silent.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 10:09:15 PM by VeeSmith »

Offline DeusExAshen

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2007, 09:31:40 AM »
OOC: Sorry for the delay, I was a bit busy.

T he demon returned to his shackling home, the zenith on top of that modest temple.  There he would begin to undo the damage he had created in his rage.  However, some of the damage was irreparable, especially to the alter.  That could simply be fixed with making a new one, but that would take many days to do, and for the interim, he had became very impatient because of the new conditions he had to now live, if he so chose to accept those conditions.  Obviously he could end the girl's life, and send her back to be recycled, but that also would defeat the purpose of going through so much trouble with building this place to produce some sort of companion for himself, or at least a slave to serve his egotistical needs.

He waded through the tomes and found himself slowly implicating, warily, one of the dark corners with his body.  As he laid into the shaded recess, he began to look at the damage with more relaxed eyes, but he was still burdened by what had transpired in the last hour.  It was vastly too much for him, in his decade of solitude and reflection to be handed this volatile situation.  Perhaps he could soon, but right now, he had to leave her within the grasp of that hand, so that he could get a better grasp of himself.  Steady eyes would eventually travel from his angered mess, to that of the many bodies littering the meager throne.  He was never that arrogant, that he would have left the dead of those rot on his doorstep in his hellish life.  For certain, they were the bodies of many, though, and they were there.

They rotted away, as they always had, into the lifeless air, but he began to scrutinize his sloppiness in the time that he had finally achieved receiving sentient attention.  Of course, he had never expected to ever meet someone like her, ever again, and he had never prepared for that sort of contingency.  They were all soulless however, soulless beings, strewn about not because he wanted to instill fear, but because there was no greater motivation to succeed than failure, at least, from where he came from.  This girl, this entity, she probably came from a home obliged her innocence.  He hated the idea, of that, however, for he would not have someone weak in his fold.  Certainly, if he kept the girl, he would have to parent her in her new life, and yet, at the same time, not force it upon her.  There was a guilt in his mind that he had not slain her, but she fought to stay alive, and so, he would offer her a reprise for now, a window, if you will, to prove that she was eager to stay at his side.

It was those thoughts, that he began to rest.  There was not much more to think upon, and the dreary unlife was beginning to tire him as it always had.  Slowly he gave into one of the few needs he had actually kept from his previous existence.  The girl, still alone within the grasp of the hand, would have to learn to be alone as well, in his absence.  She needed to be self-aware, on her own terms; he would provide her with that chance as he slumbered.