The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: *rolls,begging* Fursuit?  (Read 2516 times)

Offline Preeminent

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Queen of the Jungle
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Indominus Rex
  • Coloring: White scales, slightly grey. Often changing colors for camo. Spines are grey, black claws, and pale grey underbelly.
  • Height: 5"6 Anthro, 50''7 Feral
  • Weight: 107lb Anthro, 8407lb Feral
  • Build: Reptilian in any form.
  • Currently: On the wild ride of life!!
*rolls,begging* Fursuit?
« on: November 30, 2015, 03:16:59 AM »
I want a suit. I mean gee, some people have 10 and I have none, and no where near enough to get one.
I really want a Lemonbrat suit, a Skypro suit, or a onefurall, but how on earth will a 13 year old get that much money? I have become desprate, hoping to trip upon any thing. I keep checking Furbuy, but nothing is in my price range, or is a waste of money. I have gone suiting at the zoo once in a simple(not a suit AT ALL) mask, and LOVED it. I adored everyones attention, even when I used to be to shy to go out in public and meet anyones gaze. I have browsed the internet for 11 months, wishing I would find some way to feed my hunger. I have$320 about, and will probably have $410 after chistmas. Anyone know a GOOD fursuit maker who can work in that range? Probly not, but im desprate.
I am Preeminent, and Supreme. Bow, fool.

''What happened to the sister?''
''She... ate it.'' ~Jurassic World

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
Re: *rolls,begging* Fursuit?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 04:27:37 AM »
Hate to say it but, you're way too young if a complete suit is what you want. You could consider getting a head or a partial suit, those aren't all that expensive but if I were you I'd save up my money so I'd have enough when I'd get older.

Though, most makers don't really like to work with minors for a variety of reasons:
- You're legally too young to sign a contract and such, meaning that in the best case scenario your parents would need to aporove of it and contact the maker on your behalf.
- Being so young, your body has not yet finished growing, so just like old clothes you will very quickly outgrow the suit be too big to fit inside it, this can happen after only a few months depending on how quickly your body grows!
- Many minors can be impulsive and not think everything through; Isn't it better to save up for a suit that is top notch and that you can get that sense of having wanted for very long and can thoroughly enjoy (and understand how to maintain)?

As a result, most makers not accept anyone under the age of 18. The few who do will pretty much always require the approval of a parent/guardian at the very least.

Either way, good luck and hope you'll get something figured out!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 04:35:13 AM by Timmy Fox »
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster Top 10 Most Online
    • Awards
*rolls,begging* Fursuit?
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 05:35:04 AM »
^ Was going to say the same thing Timmy.
Hell, I'm 15 and don't plan to by or create one at least two years from now, maybe more. I know it might suck but it's true, you don't want to waist money if your going to grow out of it, and your just a little too young...
However if your really desperate just get a head and tail? Create it yourself, or continue your search. Hope this helps.

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 06:41:51 AM »
Make it yourself. Buy a bunch of fabric. I had the fortune of having an artistic brother at your age, but you can look up tutorials and stuff. Had a full suit.

Offline Preeminent

• Avid Aardvark
  • Queen of the Jungle
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: White scales, slightly grey. Often changing colors for camo. Spines are grey, black claws, and pale grey underbelly.
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 03:29:14 PM »
Thanks, y'll. I do realize that most makers dont work with minors. And im 6"6, so do you really think I'll grow up higher then 6"8? Yes I know you didn't know how tall I am, but still. And Mom and Dad fully suport me getting a suit. They'll even pitch in $100.

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 04:30:40 PM »
Thanks, y'll. I do realize that most makers dont work with minors. And im 6"6, so do you really think I'll grow up higher then 6"8? Yes I know you didn't know how tall I am, but still. And Mom and Dad fully suport me getting a suit. They'll even pitch in $100.
You might not grow taller but you will likely still grow in other ways: Your face will look more and more adult as time passes; Your muscle mass will increase, changing the shape of your arms and legs; You might also gain some more weight, especially if you're currently quite slim.

You should also understand that a suit is a LOT of work if you want to keep it liking nice and pretty over time. Cleaning it regularly and brushing often yet very carefully is essential, for example.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 04:32:59 PM by Timmy Fox »
Proud to be a furry!

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 06:00:31 PM »
Timmy, why are you trying so hard to discourage her?  Sounds like she's got things under control.

Offline Preeminent

• Avid Aardvark
  • Queen of the Jungle
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2015, 06:51:08 PM »
Ok, ok Timmy. I don' t see why you don't want me to have a suit. Id love to sew one, but it would be really bad. I dont have the skills. And I know you have to brush it, km not stupid!

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster Top 10 Most Online
    • Awards
*rolls,begging* Fursuit?
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2015, 07:06:03 PM »
He's not discouraging her he's just telling her the facts. Too young, could grow, waist money, big thing to handle ect.... (Also he wasn't saying you were stupid) besides, you made this thread for help and that's what he's doing.
But if you want to do it go ahead, but don't get frustrated if that happens...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 07:35:48 PM by Zaida »

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2015, 09:24:55 PM »
Timmy, why are you trying so hard to discourage her?
Ok, ok Timmy. I don' t see why you don't want me to have a suit.

He's not discouraging her he's just telling her the facts. Too young, could grow, waist money, big thing to handle ect.... (Also he wasn't saying you were stupid) besides, you made this thread for help and that's what he's doing.
But if you want to do it go ahead, but don't get frustrated if that happens...
^ This pretty much.

I'm not saying you cannot have a suit, but I'm just trying to make sure you understand how much of an investment a fursuit really is.
If you really want one, go right ahead. You might though get the same answer as I just gave you from most makers and please don't be sad if you end up spending $1000+ on something that will get worn out quickly due to improper usage, lack of proper maintenance and/or you end up outgrowing it.

I might also add that the demand for fursuits is usually really high, so the first step will be to find a maker, and most makers will only accept a handful of the requests they get, so you may need to be persistent and ask around before you'll find a maker who will agree to make a suit for you (a process that will take months, it's not too uncommon to even wait for years to get a spot).

Then there is even more waiting for the suit to be done. A fast maker will take 2-3 months to make you a suit (and they either cost a fortune or aren't always the best quality). Though most makers will take between a couple of months to a year to make you a suit from the point that you've been accepted and paid for it.

Again, I'm not trying to discourage you or anything just because I don't want you to have a suit. I'm just trying to make sure you understand the dangers of getting a fursuit around that age.

And once more: Something like a partial; Just a head and paws, maybe a tail shouldn't be as big of an issue. Those should be all fine and are much easier to maintain and won't wear as much overtime. What I'm saying is mostly just regarding a fullsuit.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 09:56:56 PM by Timmy Fox »
Proud to be a furry!

Offline pentrep

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2016, 02:00:33 AM »
Best of luck trying to find something within your price range.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 02:06:36 AM by pentrep »