The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Shadow Runners (thriller/horror) PG-13  (Read 6397 times)

Offline Trinity_Zane

• Foxy Fox
  • awards Top 100 Topic Starter This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • -art by me- “I can destroy. I can’t create.” -Ura
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat/Insect hybrid
  • Coloring: Beige fur, golden tipped ears, bronze yellow eyes, silver curly white hair
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 150 lbs
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: Somewhere I Belong
The Shadow Runners (thriller/horror) PG-13
« on: November 23, 2015, 02:15:28 AM »
(Open-In Progress)

Synopsis: A world once at peace is overpowered by an outside source. Forced to live in constant fear we created factions, divisions (guarded posts across our nation). Our lights stay on 24/7 because the Shadow creatures live in the dark. Our fate rests in the hands of our chosen runners who journey out during the day for materials. These could include: medicine, fuel, clothes, food

Disclaimer: I will be Trinity Zane as well as the 'creatures' or 'others'. (BE WARNED) OCs will perish and some may not. With that being said I will assume small roles if needed to accomplish plot scenarios.

Requirements: Your character must be a runner. You may be from other forts or from Lazuras (Trinity's home). The only restrictions I have on content is if it alters my PG-13 rating.

Please NO FREELANCING, if you join you must have some sort of contact with the characters (when introducing your character) in this forum-no exceptions.

Name: Trinity Zane
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 175lbs
History: not yet revealed
Appearance: Has a jacket which fits his profile nicely, underneath is a red hoodie, carries biker gloves, long hair (which hangs over his eyes), lean, wears an eye patch
Personality: Anti-Hero. Distrustful. Though he has been a Runner longer than all Lazerus Runners besides 01 he's kept it that way by second guessing his and others' every move. He tends to be distant, sometimes cold but underneath he's quite kind and caring.

Let us begin shall we:

They're called Shadow Runners. Brave heroes who risk their lives to retrieve supplies.
For what lurks out there...beyond these doors is Evil. An embodiement of fear no one has seen or lived long enough to tell about it.
We were told the stories as children but had no way of knowing if they were true.
The proof, it died in the possession of its owners.

Fort Lazuras is one of the few resistance colonies left. Some of our sister forts were destroyed- Bambridge and Cora. Our survival depends on getting these supplies, on our Runners. Without them Zoo-manity faces extinction once again.

I'm Trinity Zane (Runner 9) and I'm from the future...your future. I live in the shambles of the life you know now.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 02:49:30 AM by Trinity_Zane »
Today, an acquaintance. Tomorrow your friend. A short formality stands between us-Cloud, at your service.   

FSS Pres. and Fdr.

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 02:16:21 AM »
Name: Zaida
Height: 5'3
Weight: 100
History: Zaida was Transferred from Velox to Lazarus, runner 11. However She remains a mystery... Growing up in the darkness. At the age of 14, she was found from previous Velox runners (now retired or dead).
Appearance: Same as always, Good looking, fit toned body, curvy, she has a calm bitch resting face. Long retractable claws and sharp teeth, her fur is silver purple toned with Snow White between the colors a thin layer of black. White faux hawk or when down a pixie cut, and a white silky tip at the end of her tail. Black strip down her eyes and 6 dots above her eyes going smaller, along with her teal or sea green eyes with faded pupils with two faded rings after (barely noticeable)
Clothing: Combat boots, Dark jeans with a dark brown leather belt, Grey sleeveless shirt, using bandage wrap on both arms and fists. As well as wears a Korean style jacket (with hood)
Personality: Untrusting, Superior, Demented, Cunning, Loner, Odd
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 07:22:04 AM by Zaida »

Offline Trinity_Zane

• Foxy Fox
  • awards Top 100 Topic Starter This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Beige fur, golden tipped ears, bronze yellow eyes, silver curly white hair
Re: The Shadow Runners (thriller/horror) PG-13
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 05:32:10 AM »
Trinity's eyes captured the sunlight as it came down on him. He could feel it now-that familiar rumble of earth as the giant stone doors slowly opened.
The start of another day here at Fort Lazarus. Another run for supplies or some 'damn materials' he recalled.

It was midday when they sent him out to the closest town. The town of Hazel, a place he journeyed often. When he had arrived the wind was harsh, unwelcoming and he couldn't help but shake the presence of someone or something. It wasn't so bad though they had paired him up with a Runner named Zaida.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 05:34:58 AM by Trinity_Zane »
Today, an acquaintance. Tomorrow your friend. A short formality stands between us-Cloud, at your service.   

FSS Pres. and Fdr.

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 05:56:40 AM »
~Another day.~ she thought looking at the clouds roll by the shadows castes down soon her... A beautiful sight. Zaida, already ready for what awaited her. Although didn't enjoy the thought of transferring, working with some new anthro.
Sadly this wasn't her choice, whether she liked it or not she had to follow those in control of these forts. Hazel was the town she stayed for now. Awaiting her new running partner for missions in the future, runner 9 from Lazuras having the name of Trinity.

Offline Trinity_Zane

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 06:16:20 AM »
Being out here always gave him a severe case of the heebie-jeebies. But honestly who wouldn't find the empty stores, abandoned cars and unkempt roads slightly unnerving. His mind though was in other places.

'Kaida' he practiced saying the name in his head and yet it didn't seem any more familiar. She had replaced the recently deceased Runner 11. They were suppose to meet somewhere in an old stadium parking lot according to Overhead. He came up to a car, kneeled down and pulled out the binoculars. A small thermal signature wasn't far from his location. It was a woman's body, a body that filled out her clothes nicely without scant.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 05:22:02 PM by Trinity_Zane »

FSS Pres. and Fdr.

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 06:51:34 AM »
Zaida continued looking at the clouds with her glowing eyes must escaping her nostrils. Eventually the clouds broke apart from the wind which slowly grew stronger. The hybrid ears flicked, knowing there was another presence in the area. Her tail swaying in a vertical motion as it has always kept her balanced and rarely touched the floor.
She turned her body to face the direction the anthro scanning the area before spotting the fox with binoculars behind the car, raising a brow slightly. For it had to be the runner. Without a word, She had her arms crossed over her breasts starting her way over her ears laid back.

Offline Trinity_Zane

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 07:24:09 AM »
Trinity resituated himself and adjusted the lenses on his binoculars. It was Runner 11 alright. The vulpes doffed his backpack and drank some water, they had to be about 4 miles from Lazarus. She was close now, enough for him to smell a slight perfume and female underneath it.

As he turned around she was there nearly on top of him, almost startling. There was an awkward pause before he shook her paw. Dirt stuck to his face and as he lifted his sunglasses a clear outline of where they had been was visible.

"G'day mate, just taking a gander at the new meat! I'm Trinity, your safari guide. You may also know me as Runner 9." He joked.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 05:21:33 PM by Trinity_Zane »

FSS Pres. and Fdr.

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 07:50:29 AM »
She was fast when the fox had turned to face her as there was a pause...she studied him before he grabbed her hand, and They shook. Her cold paw having oddly shaped teal pads, it was seen she had retractable claws as well, the Serynx gave a tight firm grip until loosening up then gently letting go.
Her ears laid back, while She looked slightly up at him. Giving eye to eye contact with her cold glowing eyes having and expressionless face not someone who would joke... Or perhaps just not in the mood for one right now. "Zaida...runner 11" she replied in a quiet soothing voice, fixing her jacket.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 07:53:51 AM by Zaida »

Offline Trinity_Zane

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 05:42:09 PM »
The ridges of his hoodie settled down on his shoulders. He tried at times to make things light, but given the circumstances now wasn't the best time.

Trinity slightly turned, the smile fades from him "We should get moving."

Another eerie breeze sung through the buildings, rustling some trash.

He bent over and tightened the laces of his boots "You have the list don't you?"

FSS Pres. and Fdr.

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2015, 05:51:25 PM »
The wind slowly grew stronger the dead tree's rocking back and forth as trash rolled across the floor. The whistling heard in the air, Possibly a storm rolling in or perhaps it was just the winter breeze.
Zaida's fur gently swaying in the wind having her pull up her hood.
With a hushing voice she replied "Yes, I do." she pulled the paper out carefully from her pocket, folded neatly. The Serynx extended her arm to hand it over to trinity.

Offline Trinity_Zane

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2015, 06:06:02 PM »
The vulpes reached up and grabbed the paper, she seemed a little introvert. He wasn't going to complain 'nothing wrong with quiet'. Except there was, the terrible ringing in his ears drove him near to insanity at times. Some nights he slept by the generator at Lazarus, just to give him something to listen to.

The list read:
Ibuprofen
Tape
Lightbulbs
Fuel

"Looks like our first stop should be the supermarket on the north side of town. Try to keep up." He glanced over in her direction briefly before running down Main Street.

FSS Pres. and Fdr.

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2015, 06:19:51 PM »
She looked at the paper in his hands, Familar with the list as she had read it already. As he read out loud she nodded slightly, knowing he didn't miss anything.
The vulpes starting to run off, As he started his way down deeper in the city. She caught up and followed in a fast jog to save her energy. staying by his side while heading to the market. Her ears leaned back as she kept her eyes sharp and guard up in this new area. The Serynx thought, curious how the base would be like but kept herself focused more on this small mission to gather the materials listed.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 06:23:23 PM by Zaida »

Offline Trinity_Zane

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2015, 06:36:20 PM »
He stood up straight, breathed stiffly through his nostrils and surveyed their surroundings. As they entered deeper into the city an obnoxious wind died down. Trinity weaved through the maze of empty abandoned cars. As they passed the third set of stop lights he could see the store.

The shopping carts were unorganized and scattered throughout the parking lot. An inch of dust had accumulated over everything. He had to pry open the sliding door so they could enter. Trinity was prompted to get his flashlight, as the isles sat in an eerie shadow.

FSS Pres. and Fdr.

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2015, 07:12:52 PM »
Some cars crashed into poles or even eachother. Carts knocked over and scattered about, shopping bags and trash laying about. Definitely due to panic. Moving past the discorded mess in the parking lot. A pole in the distance caught her eye, flickering off and on as sparks flew from it.
She have a long quick sigh before turning back to follow him into the store.
As he pried the doors open she stepped in after him. Her glowing eyes having items around her softened by the dim light. It was a mess, they were lucky there was even items.

Offline Trinity_Zane

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2015, 07:28:15 PM »
"After you." He gestured, his tail flickering slyly as he once again took off his sunglasses.

The fox's ears pointed towards the door carefully listening for any sounds. There was an unsettling sensation, one that filled his stomach with butterflies. The freckles under his eyes barely noticeable under a layer of dried dirt. Every step it seemed something made noise-glass, plastic, rocks.

A pungent odor filled his nostrils and gave an urge to cough. It must've been the freezers, once the power was down the meat inside was rotten. His flashlight cast out a puny 20 feet before being totally subdued by complete darkness.

FSS Pres. and Fdr.