The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Does Anybody Else Here Experience Chills from Music?  (Read 3635 times)

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
Re: Does Anybody Else Here Experience Chills from Music?
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2015, 11:54:03 PM »
Sometimes I do, mainly with certain ballads, but also has happened with some more energetic music. Usually breakdowns and transitions are the most common 'cause'.

Also things like certain scenes in certain movies that makes me shiver quite a lot; A notable example is from my all-time favorite movie where there's a scene of this wolf howling out into the distance that always makes me shiver every single time, even after having watched it half a dozen times throughout the years.

But generally these aren't that major and quite specific, not really anything I feel very strongly on a regular basis. It's kinda only caused in certain quite specific situations under the right circumstances.

I am very affected by music, though it's mostly just mental stimulation rather than physical feelings. Music that carries a lot of emotion is also what I usually listen to. Not necessarily really as in the "Emo"-genre but more in the way of music that delivers a lot of feelings and emotions. Be it happy music with a lot of energy, sad music with an overall dull tone, inspirational music with a positive and interesting tone or some heavy metal with an angry/upset theme etc.. Thus a lot of alternative rock and a little bit of metalcore is mainly what you'll find in my music library~

---
ASMR however, that's something I very much enjoy on a regular basis. I quite often put on my headphones and bring up some videos on Youtube that is made specifically to induce ASMR as I find it to be very stimulating and relaxing.

I need to be able to relax and focus on the ASMR contend, mainly the sounds, with minimal distractions before I'm really affected by it myself and start feeling the tingles. Though once I get to that point it's quite often the tingles sort of progress from the back of my head and help cause chills/shivers throughout the rest of my body.
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Greku

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2015, 10:34:46 AM »
Yeah,I mostly get that when I bump onto a dubstep song with a decent drop. I often also create fantastical events/characters in my mind to go along with a certain song that I like, and that can give me the chills too . :3

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2015, 10:53:42 AM »
If I get a really amazing idea from a song/lyrical stanza, or the song just fits the environment I'm in I can get those chills and shivers. As a writer, roleplayer or anything, I always try to find music befitting a character, scene or location. I've never had something yet that I couldn't put music to. Oddly, I rarely experience those chills when it's not in regards to at least part of my own creativity.

Then you have Nightwish's videos for The Greatest Show On Earth. That shit both breaks my heart and makes me quiver with amazement.

Offline Caesium Iodide

• Handsome Horse
  • COMMISSIONS OPEN!
    • Awards
  • Species: (Adult??) Werewolf!
  • Coloring: Blue, gray, yellow and black
  • Height: 6’8” I keep getting taller :/
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: Rather curvy, fills everything well.
  • Currently: Perhaps wanting to relive time from high school.
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2015, 10:40:57 PM »
I get chills whenever I listen to my All-State piece "Aurora Awakes." It makes you feel like you are in Alaska, watching Aurora Borealis dance across the sky.
Find me on amino, Twitter and patreon:
@/Cryptik_Mystic
My commissions are open. I specialize in badges but that’s not my limit! Send me a DM anywhere if you have a question or interest.

Offline Rob_Silvermyst

• Foxy Fox
  • King of Furgasta
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Furiffic Profile
    • Awards
  • Species: Archangel Wolf
  • Coloring: Silver/White (fur), White (Wings), Gold (Eyes)
  • Height: 6ft
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • Build: Tone
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Tea with a fascinating stranger is one of life's true delights.
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2015, 12:55:15 AM »
The past three songs have given me not only chills but that swelling of power as well, that kind of feeling of 'I'm ready for this. Let's rock!'

Id - Purpose from Fire Emblem Awakening
Heartache Richaad EB's rock cover of the Undertale song of the same name
Wally's Theme from Pokemon ORAS