Author Topic: School Thread for School People  (Read 9089 times)

Offline Quantum

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • rip me
  • Species: Cat (Anthro)
  • Coloring: Yellow/Orange
  • Height: 5' 8"
  • Weight: 150
  • Build: Normal
  • Currently: Back after inactivity for 2 months
Re: School Thread for School People
« Reply #120 on: January 13, 2016, 11:54:25 PM »
Honors english = my coffin  x_x

I feel ya :V My senior year I took AP/honors English. My teacher assigned sooo much work, including a 20 page essay along with a bunch of other stuff. He also didn't seem to realize that a lot of people taking his class took other honors or AP classes besides his, and those were very busy too. Fun times.
Eh thats the reason im not taking Honors Humanities next year XD
umm k

xephoran

« Reply #121 on: January 14, 2016, 01:32:31 AM »

I feel ya :V My senior year I took AP/honors English. My teacher assigned sooo much work, including a 20 page essay along with a bunch of other stuff. He also didn't seem to realize that a lot of people taking his class took other honors or AP classes besides his, and those were very busy too. Fun times.

-----------ME-----------
I am currently learning a lesson in the definition of work this semester... AP European history, Dual-Enrollment Calculus, and AP Biology (online). I would DIE if I had to complete 20 page essays for English on top of that! Sounds like you had quite the senior year.

PS. NO CLUE how to end a double quote, plz forgive  :)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 01:38:50 AM by xephoran »

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Maine Coon
  • Coloring: White with light purple hair/patches
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: Average/slim
  • Currently: itching to do stuff
« Reply #122 on: January 14, 2016, 02:22:45 AM »

-----------ME-----------
I am currently learning a lesson in the definition of work this semester... AP European history, Dual-Enrollment Calculus, and AP Biology (online). I would DIE if I had to complete 20 page essays for English on top of that! Sounds like you had quite the senior year.

PS. NO CLUE how to end a double quote, plz forgive  :)

It's my username. The brackets make things funny ^^' But yeah, I had 5 AP AP classes that year, 2 of them being also dual credit/enrollment type things. My English teacher was just a little new I think, and after most of the classes brought it up he said he'll do better the next year. Too late for me though XD

Penguins@StanleyCup

« Reply #123 on: January 14, 2016, 09:52:23 PM »
Today I was at school when an acquaintance of mine approached me and showed this website:

sites.google.com/site/oconeediscriminationdatabase/home

The site has been taken down but as you can see just by the name, it seems like some website about discrimination in Oconee county made somewhat unproffesionally on google sites. The reality is that it was a list of so called "bigots" at my school (North Oconee High School). I was #3 on the list. I've been charged with homophobia, anti-gay views, and sexism. I am not sexist. Sure I am right wing, and sure I am not exactly pro gay, but I am also not parading around saying that. Not tto mention that doesnt make me a bigot in my mind. I want to punch some $hit.

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #124 on: January 14, 2016, 10:16:54 PM »
Today I was at school when an acquaintance of mine approached me and showed this website:

sites.google.com/site/oconeediscriminationdatabase/home

The site has been taken down but as you can see just by the name, it seems like some website about discrimination in Oconee county made somewhat unproffesionally on google sites. The reality is that it was a list of so called "bigots" at my school (North Oconee High School). I was #3 on the list. I've been charged with homophobia, anti-gay views, and sexism. I am not sexist. Sure I am right wing, and sure I am not exactly pro gay, but I am also not parading around saying that. Not tto mention that doesnt make me a bigot in my mind. I want to punch some $hit.

If the site's not being made into a big deal, ignore them. If you don't act like a jerk towards other people then you're fine.  When I was in sixth grade I remember some kid making a similar site, albeit about inappropriate gossip involving students and teachers, not discrimination.

xephoran

« Reply #125 on: January 14, 2016, 10:51:43 PM »
I agree with what Amethyst said. Just ignore it unless the site was a really big deal at your school. For a while I had some friends who thought some similar things about me and after talking to them a bit, they believed me that I'm not. Basically, just don't make a big deal about it, and if people ask or are upset about what the people who made the site said about you, as long as they're reasonable, there shouldn't be any problem at all.

PS. googled your high school to see what state you were in (to kind of get an idea of the situation). As long as I saw the right school I live in Georgia too  :)

Penguins@StanleyCup

« Reply #126 on: January 14, 2016, 11:30:53 PM »
If the site's not being made into a big deal, ignore them. If you don't act like a jerk towards other people then you're fine.  When I was in sixth grade I remember some kid making a similar site, albeit about inappropriate gossip involving students and teachers, not discrimination. (Couldn't get the quote button to work :/ )

Yes. Probably not too big a deal. Of the friends I have most are now referring to me as "3" over texts in a joking manner. One really gullible one believes the stuff... has made a note that I am now blocked on his phone :/

PS. googled your high school to see what state you were in (to kind of get an idea of the situation). As long as I saw the right school I live in Georgia too

Yep I live in Georgia. :)

xephoran

« Reply #127 on: January 14, 2016, 11:39:27 PM »
That's good that your friends haven't taken it too seriously. I do suggest either you talk to your friend who blocked you or to get one of your other friends to do so.

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: January 15, 2016, 01:32:16 AM »
That's good that your friends haven't taken it too seriously. I do suggest either you talk to your friend who blocked you or to get one of your other friends to do so.

Yeah, I don't know the exact situation but just outright blocking you seems a bit silly.

Offline Galefargion

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
  • Species: Red panda
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 185
  • Build: Muscular/athletic
  • Currently: Climbing towers and fighting helicopters
« Reply #129 on: January 15, 2016, 09:35:46 AM »
Im doing well. Im taking Bio-kinetics, and physiology. Ill probably take more medical classes after. Don't ask me why, i'm already a writer. Im just interested in the body and what I can do to it I guess. Idk if ill ever even work as any kind of doctor.
The Music of life, is silence

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: February 07, 2016, 05:37:09 PM »
I'm a few weeks into my spring semester now, and so far all my classes seem good. I'm itching to start on some new ceramics projects too ^^ I decided to take a yoga class; my sister said she tried it before and wasn't a fan but I'm really liking it. Also it may sound weird, but my intro to theatre teacher kind of reminds me of an older Cheza... She even offhandedly mentioned fursuits on the first day X3

I'm also seriously considering changing my major to philosophy. I've gotten really into it lately, or rather I've been for awhile without realizing it. I still don't know what the career prospects are for that sort of field though...

Offline Halei-Helai

• Handsome Horse
  • A strange thing indeed.
    • Awards
  • Species: Lahaian
  • Coloring: White with black stripes
  • Weight: 125 lb
  • Build: Svelte
« Reply #131 on: February 07, 2016, 06:11:56 PM »
Knee deep in mathematics once again with the onset of the spring semester. I am absolutely loving all this calculus, and linear algebra is turning out to be a really cool subject! Math is pretty awesome.
Sorcerous sage and cataloger of curiosities
---------------
Feel free to PM me. I am always up for a conversation!

Offline Galefargion

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
  • Species: Red panda
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 185
  • Build: Muscular/athletic
  • Currently: Climbing towers and fighting helicopters
« Reply #132 on: February 07, 2016, 08:12:29 PM »
Your avatar is what's awesome. Its just dripping with glory  <.<
The Music of life, is silence

Offline Halei-Helai

• Handsome Horse
  • A strange thing indeed.
    • Awards
  • Species: Lahaian
  • Coloring: White with black stripes
  • Weight: 125 lb
  • Build: Svelte
« Reply #133 on: February 07, 2016, 08:55:02 PM »
Your avatar is what's awesome. Its just dripping with glory  <.<

D'aww... thanks!  ^_^
Sorcerous sage and cataloger of curiosities
---------------
Feel free to PM me. I am always up for a conversation!

Offline CZAtion

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Obtainable by request Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: wolf/demon/fox hybrid
  • Coloring: Crimson red/grey
  • Height: 5’ 11”
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Improving at Osu!
« Reply #134 on: February 09, 2016, 03:57:33 PM »
Hello all. It is that magical time of the year again where everybody is hitting the books, cramming for exams, and hoping that when they get called on to answer a question that they don't make a fool of themselves. School is back in full swing! I figured we could use a dedicated place to talk about it.

So how is it going for everybody? I am having a pretty good semester so far. It is the first time I have been knee-deep in math for a while and I am loving every minute of it! I might change my tune though when I get my exams back at some point next week, though I think I did well. Walking around campus is great; I am getting lots of exercise. Meeting a bunch of new people is always cool too! I am hoping that maybe I will actually run into another furry, though I won't really hold my breath on that one.

How about y'all?

My only problem is that I don't get to expose my true self and a lot of other people can't as well. I feel like they should at least allow neko ears and other things like that at my school, but nope, they just have to keep oppressing shit. It's really hurting my self esteem and making me feel bad.

:(
twitch.tv/MTF_AsrielDreemurr