The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: City In the sky (A steampunk RP )  (Read 1944 times)

Offline Wolxikin

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • (⚆ ͜ʖ ⚆)
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolx
  • Coloring: Blue/white
  • Height: 5 foot something
  • Weight: Don't be so judgemental!
  • Build: Average, anthro
  • Currently: well then
City In the sky (A steampunk RP )
« on: September 25, 2015, 04:07:46 PM »
This is going to be my first RP that I have made, so bear with me.

Hello all! Welcome to City In The Clouds! I haven't seen any steampunk roleplays before so I though "Hey, why not?"

First off: Lore

This RP takes place in the Victorian era, in the floating city of Machinatio. It is comprised of one large island, surrounded by many smaller ones. Some of the islands may be organic, some may be made out of metal. The sizes range anywhere from five feet to a mile wide. They are all connected by bridge that are somewhat like suspension bridges, except sturdier be able to withstand the wind. The environment in the city is usually windy, from a slight breezes to dangerously windy.

No-one knows what lies beneath the city, where there be a surface, or not. All who have dared venture low enough just... disappear, rumor has that beasts nicknamed "The Valhalla" dwell there, large, snake-like dragon beasts. There is a group of rebels called the "Cloudwork revolution" who search to find a way to get down to the surface. The Clockten empire is the government which wants to destroy the revolution, they believe they are meant to stay in the sky, not to leave it.

Events: Sometimes Machinatio suffers from wind storms, when they are detected the sirens in the city begin to go off, signaling to get inside, anyonestill outside when they hit is likely to be blown off the island entirely

CURRENT EVENT: NONE

With that out of the way, rule time!

Rules:

* No godmodding

* No overpowering, if I feel someone is gotten too OP, I will ask then to either tone it down or ask them to leave.

* Guns are allowed, but only to some extent. They all have to be steam related and believable for the time era

* As for transportation, there is a commercial steam train the makes its way around the islands. Other ways are by zeppelin and foot

* Most importantly, have fun!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Character sheet templates:

Name:

Species:

Personality:

Role: (ie. Mercenary, Cloudwork member, Clockten official, whatever really)

Appearance:

Clothing/armor:

Weapons:

Any questions feel free to ask!

(If no one decides to be the empire then I will play them myself)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 05:16:25 PM by Wolxikin »
Is it a wolf? Is it a fox? No, it's Wolx!

Tell a man there are 300,000,000 stars in the universe, he'll believe you. Tell a man the benches paint is wet, he'd have to touch it to be sure

[img width

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 04:52:22 PM »
Name: Zaida, Known as Z

Role: retired hitman, now a officer although is an anti-hero

Appearance: good looking, short about 5'3, fit and toned, curvy, short fur although her scruff is fluffy. Has a Long flexible tail, her fur is purple toned with white black separating the two , glowing sea green eyes.

Clothing/armor: similar to this picture although doesn't have the long dress part, her sleeves are short and not baggy but just right.

Weapons: revolver , Shock rifle, syringe
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 01:27:23 AM by Zaida »

Offline Indiveren

• Vibrating Furby
  • My treasure is more then just gems.
    • Awards
  • Species: human/dragon hybrid
  • Coloring: blue scales
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: 170
  • Build: average for a human
Re: City In the sky (A steampunk RP )
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 04:19:56 PM »
Name: Dreq
Species: Dragon human hybrid
Personality: Quite introverted, never seems to take sides on things, loves knowledge logic ect, will talk at length about things he cares about
Role: neutral/undecided (can probably be swayed to take a side)
Appearance: Has blue scales and wings
Clothing/armor:  is always wearing a dark blue cloak so no one knows what he looks like under itWeapons: Himself?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 04:21:37 PM by Indiveren »
Dreq is, stronger then a human, able to stand a human punch without damage but too much more then that and I'm injured, claws that are almost always retracted, able to fly, wings are more sensitive then the rest of my body, able to see farther then humans, and hear just slightly more, looks to be the age of a young adult, mentality of a young dragon, introverted, almost always calm, anger and annoyance from him is dangerous, loves his treasures, which is more then just gems—its all that he values.

poke him if you wish to hear from him or have him do something (ie message me, I'll be most likely lurking and just havn't felt like posting or something. If you message me maybe I'll actually be active a little bit (so basically what you expect from a dragon))

Offline Wolxikin

• Gregarious Gnu
  • (⚆ ͜ʖ ⚆)
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 04:54:49 PM »
((One more person and I think we can start ^^ ))

Tell a man there are 300,000,000 stars in the universe, he'll believe you. Tell a man the benches paint is wet, he'd have to touch it to be sure

[img width

Offline Hydragon

• Vibrating Furby
  • Erm.....Hi?
    • Awards
  • Species: Hydra
  • Coloring: grey scales
  • Height: 3 meters
  • Weight: 400kg
  • Build: Strong build, Large Wings ,Long tail
  • Currently: Bored
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 08:33:45 PM »
Name:Hydragon  Species:Hydra Personality:strong, loyal and very brave Age:200 in hydra years or 20 years Role: A guardian of the islands (in general a warrior of light) Apperance: Large wings, long tail, dark grey scales Clothing/Armour: Platinum Armour suit with a gold trim Weapon: A sword and sheild (and the power of elemental breath too)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 08:40:22 PM by Hydragon »
May yor dreams come true ,or whatever....

Offline Wolxikin

• Gregarious Gnu
  • (⚆ ͜ʖ ⚆)
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 11:32:40 PM »
((I'm gonna put in some character sheets then fire off the first post))

Name: William Nevvin

Species: Sergal

Personality: Strong-willed, brave, natural leader

Role: Rebellion leader

Appearance: Dark maroon with white underbelly

Clothing/armor: Golden cauldron with armor over left arm, suit and tie under that

Weapons: Steam rifle and revolver

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

General Farley and his group of military enforcers patrolled the east side of the out islands, the early morning Sun glinting off their armor "Look lively men, the anonymous tip said they would be around here somewhere, so split up and look about!" He barked.

Post Merge: September 26, 2015, 11:35:21 PM
William watched from a nearby window "Crap! Showed they find me" he hissed, looking around the house for somewhere to hide. He spotted a couch and quickly rolled under it, hoping to not be seen if they searched the houses
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 11:35:21 PM by Wolxikin, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

[img width

Offline Nii

• Avid Aardvark
  • Eh.
    • Awards
  • Species: Border Collie
  • Height: 173 CM
  • Weight: 64 KG
  • Build: Slightly chubby
  • Currently: Trying hard
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2015, 09:47:26 PM »
Name:Dankef

Species:Snow leopard

Personality:Gentle and modest, always put his friends' well being above his own. A little introverted, but  fun and likeable once you get to know him better

Role: Cloudwork revolution Field medic

Appearance:A little short compared to the average leopard size, with light grey fur, black markings through the body and at the tips of his ears. White hair with bangs that reaches close to his eyes and dark blue eyes.

Clothing/armor:A semi-long black silk coat over a white simple shirt that covers up his neck. Pants the same color and texture of his coat. long dark brown boots and simple eyeglasses that give him a somewhat intelectual look.

Weapons:A wooden lever-action sniper rifle, with small bronze gears attached to its left side. every time he fires, the gears will rotate, and the rifle can only shoot again after the gears stopped rotating and a small stream of steam comes out of the rifle, signalizing the rifle can shoot again.

PS:Please, if someone thinks that I should change something in my character, say so as soon as possible.
(Just some questions, how are medicines and bandages going to work in this rp? Is it okay to play as a field medic?)
I'm edgy nihilist trash, hello, by the way.

(Holy shit I'm going through my old posts and oh my god was I cringy.)

Offline Wolxikin

• Gregarious Gnu
  • (⚆ ͜ʖ ⚆)
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 01:56:29 AM »
((Yes, medical practices are normal, you'll be fine))

William was breathing heavily. He could hear one of the soldiers outside the door "Open up! Clickers military." He yelled, banging on the door. "I said open up!" He yelled, even louder than before. "Looks like we got a traitor, General" he said. Bust it down" the general said promptly, his one good eye stared out at the early morning Sun. "I will not tolerate resistors" the soldier saluted. A few seconds later he broke the door down, it went flying across the room. William stopped breathing, if the found him he'd be dead. They searched for a few minutes but to Will's relief he wasn't found "The house is clean" the soldier said, walking out. "Carry on then, we don't have all day" the general replied. Twenty minutes later the group had moved on, and Will got up to go back to the base. He made his way back to the main island, a little while into the city he turned down an alley and disappeared into a hatch. "They're getting more suspicious, they're searching for us now" he said as he climbs down the ladder into the large underground safehouse that was the Cloudwork home.

[img width

Offline Dr.Vice Jameson

• Avid Aardvark
  • "Eventually you stop giving a **censor**"
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Dark grey fur, white underparts, purple streaks on shoulders going down back and around "mask"
  • Height: 6 feet tall
  • Weight: 185lbs
  • Build: slender
  • Currently: Trying to help
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2015, 02:01:23 AM »
Alright, first of all, I love steampunk stuff. Second, my fursona is kinda a time traveler, So if I refrain from using time powers and shit, could that be compatible?

Post Merge: September 28, 2015, 02:08:27 AM
Nevermind
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 02:08:27 AM by Dr.Vice Jameson, Reason: Merged DoublePost »
  • Signature art by: The FDF

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

It's lonely out in space"
                          - Elton John

Offline Indiveren

• Vibrating Furby
  • My treasure is more then just gems.
    • Awards
  • Species: human/dragon hybrid
  • Coloring: blue scales
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: 170
  • Build: average for a human
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2015, 05:08:54 AM »
Walking around Dreq looks a bit uncomfortable, slight bleeding visible on his wings. "note to self, flying when the sky 'doesn't look that bad' is a bad idea" He says to himself, regretting not just walking instead of flying.
(this is assuming that flying is ok in this rp,otherwise ignore this)
Dreq is, stronger then a human, able to stand a human punch without damage but too much more then that and I'm injured, claws that are almost always retracted, able to fly, wings are more sensitive then the rest of my body, able to see farther then humans, and hear just slightly more, looks to be the age of a young adult, mentality of a young dragon, introverted, almost always calm, anger and annoyance from him is dangerous, loves his treasures, which is more then just gems—its all that he values.

poke him if you wish to hear from him or have him do something (ie message me, I'll be most likely lurking and just havn't felt like posting or something. If you message me maybe I'll actually be active a little bit (so basically what you expect from a dragon))

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2015, 05:15:21 AM »
Zaida leaned against the wall her glowing eyes looking about. Giving a long silent sigh, mist escaped her mouth.  She watched as dues walked by keeping herself silent.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 08:39:51 PM by Zaida »

Offline Wolxikin

• Gregarious Gnu
  • (⚆ ͜ʖ ⚆)
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2015, 12:44:58 PM »
((I'll allow flying, just try not to abuse it))

[img width

Offline Nii

• Avid Aardvark
  • Eh.
    • Awards
  • Species: Border Collie
  • Height: 173 CM
  • Weight: 64 KG
  • Build: Slightly chubby
  • Currently: Trying hard
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2015, 05:06:45 PM »
Dankef got out of the dorm area and let out a loud yawn "Hey, boss. Has something happened?" He put on his glasses.
I'm edgy nihilist trash, hello, by the way.

(Holy shit I'm going through my old posts and oh my god was I cringy.)

Offline Hydragon

• Vibrating Furby
  • Erm.....Hi?
    • Awards
  • Species: Hydra
  • Coloring: grey scales
  • Height: 3 meters
  • Weight: 400kg
  • Build: Strong build, Large Wings ,Long tail
  • Currently: Bored
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2015, 05:16:32 PM »
((Hydragon can only be summoned with a golden horn which is atop the city))
May yor dreams come true ,or whatever....

Offline Wolxikin

• Gregarious Gnu
  • (⚆ ͜ʖ ⚆)
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2015, 06:23:21 PM »
"Yeah, something happened, they almost found me" He said, climbing down the ladder.

The soldiers were progressing towards Zaida's location

[img width