The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Looking for More (Against the Night)  (Read 3234 times)

Offline Xavier Akafur

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Otter-Wolf
  • Coloring: Chocolate brown, tan
  • Height: 6'0"
  • Weight: 205 lbs
  • Build: Sturdy
Looking for More (Against the Night)
« on: September 15, 2015, 05:44:51 AM »

Against the Night is the first thread for what will hopefully be a long-term group of fantasy roleplayers. The goal is to find people of character and skill who would like to join our group and stick around for the thread and hopefully future stories down the line. I am acting as the current GM but we will hopefully switch off down the line! Creativity and co-operation with your fellow players is highly valued!

If you want to know more about the RP check our OOC and main thread. This is just a temporary listing to get a couple new players as we have lost a decent portion of our group to real life events. I'll leave this up for a few days, provided we get some applicants, then we'll take a vote for which characters we would like to join us.

Interested players: Just drop a nice detailed character sheet here,  I'll reply with edits or comments as needed. :D

-Quick note about the power scale of this story-
Imagine a civilian being about a 2, and God being 11, a Demi-god being a 10. Superman probably falls in around a 9, your run of the mill wizard at about a 4. I would prefer if we didn't have any characters above a 6. Playing demigods in fun and all, but it makes playing a lower-power character feel irrelevant to the scheme.

CS template
-----------
Name:
Power Scale:
Description:
History:
Noteworthy gear (Any magical items or trinkets):
Abilities(Magic/weapon abilities):
Noteworthy skills:
Flaws or Weaknesses:
----------

Examples here: http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=28667.0
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 05:46:54 AM by Xavier Akafur »
Captain of the Stormrider

Offline Celestial_Dragon

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • I intend to live forever, or die Trying
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Gold scaled and White underside, with angel-like wings
  • Height: 260cm
  • Weight: 120kg
  • Build: Mesomorph
  • Currently: More than likely studying while having this open on my Laptop
Re: Looking for More (Against the Night)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 09:10:15 AM »
Name: Drago Destiny Darklight (also referred to as number 44)
Species: Celestial Darklight

Class (Or general combat style): i would say a knight class, just more of a duelist though.
Power Scale:4, but my support can help those who wish to delve into the writing that is written upon the Dragons body.

Description: Drago is a Golden Dragon, with a white underbelly. He has Glowing white angel wings. His entire body is littered with tattoos and with scars both big and small. His eyes are completely red, nothing remained after they were destroyed and rebuilt. The tattoos are a mix of dark black and milky white and contain everything from magic instructions, to alchemy, recipes to forge techniques, a library is written over every part of his body, except for his head, that is just littered with two identical scars across his eyes that trail from his forehead to his chin. He had the general anthro Dragon look to him, besides the obvious tattoo's and scars.

Apparel- He wears a massive overcoat with a large hood to hide all the scars and tattoo's he had been branded with. He wears camo cargo pants and black military boots, and has a black pair of glasses. He has two scabbards on each side of his black leather belt.

History: Drago was born a slave to one of the most powerful mages in the world, he experienced torture and death for his entire youth, he never figured who his mother and who his father was, and he only learnt how to kill and how to survive for all the years he was a slave. For years he had to survive a arena where he fought against a range of monsters and people, mages and warriors, slaves and captured trophies, in all cases he won, and became a champion within the arena, that is when he was chosen. A powerful mage, his master branded every part of his body with everything the master knew. Drago never knew why his master did the horrible operation, nor why he surgically operated with every body part on the Dragon. He couldn't fly, his wings were littered with tattoos bu the celestial Dragon was unable to even cast spells and use magic.

His master was challenged by another powerful mage, and in the battle, the young 15 year old Dragon, Slave 44 watched as the demi-God mage fought against what should be called a God. In the end his master lost and his opponent left. Many other slaves escaped as well as Drago and disappeared to  each of the corners of the world. Drago eventually became a mercenary, using his abilities and skills to make a anme of himself as both a killer and a unstoppable force. That is how he got his name, from the many people he had met.

Noteworthy gear (Any magical items or trinkets): He had a pack of cigarettes and a lighter as a trinket. He had two swords, the first was something he stole from the master after his death.
First sword-

A Long, slim, warped blade made of crystal is held by a grip wrapped in expensive, navy blue deerskin.
With a the entire blade unusually sharper than the norm, a weapon of unique craftsmanship.
The blade has a black spiked, omnibus cross-guard. The cross-guard has a ornamented Dragon head on each side
A thick pommel is decorated with unique black gems. There was no sign of use, no scratched..nothing.

The second sword was a reward for a contract-

A fairly long, broad,  blade made of tempered steel is held by a grip wrapped in high quality, grey smooth leather.
Dual-edged and razor-sharp this weapon was something cut above the rest.
The blade has a large, warped cross-guard.
 The cross-guard has a simple orb on each side, nothing unique about it.
A massive pommel is decorated with a unique symbol, something to symbolize its old owner
The blade itself is simple. No markings can be found, with the exception of the small scratches from battle.

Abilities(Magic/weapon abilities): No magic, his only ability is that when he is damaged his tattoo's won't be damaged, nothing can destory them, but like a sword is swung at Drago, the skin beneath him will be cut and he would still be affected just like everyone else, just they can stay. Weapon abilities.... ah master of all weapons...

Noteworthy skills:Master of weapons, he has used every material weapon that isn't unique. Increased strength, speed and reflexes due to the operations his master gave him. The fact that he had the tattoos is a skill since they assist mages abilities plus teach people enchantments, new abilities, alchemy etc.., Also is a duel-wielder
Flaws or Weaknesses: Fears and hates all magic users, can't fly, can't use or interact with magic and magical items. Slightly messed up and very dark, he can never forget the horrors he witnessed as child. Also smokes...alot.[/font]
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 11:00:44 AM by Celestial_Dragon »
  • Signature art by: -

Freedom isn't free
You can lead me, follow me, or get out of my way so make up your mind

Offline FriendlyFern

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 12:48:03 AM »
Is this still open?
  • Avatar by: Candy Bear (thanks love) ^_^
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y6GaPkkGZGw
If you are ever feeling sad, watch this to cheer you up ^
Red pandas are my favorite so it definitely works for me :)

Offline Xavier Akafur

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 05:55:04 AM »
Indeed it is :)

Offline FriendlyFern

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 07:34:33 PM »
Name: Calaiuryon (means forest hunter) Calai for short
Age: around 18 (no one knows for sure, and she won't say)
Species: Deer, Wood elf, Cougar
Class: Archer, Witch apprentice, assassin
Power Scale: 4
Description: Her body is covered with short, light brown, fur. She has the head of a human - like Deer. She has the body of a human-like mountain lion (tail included). Even though she is a female she has large antlers. There are a few reasonably sized white spots on her cheecks. Calai wears an olive green skort that is uneven and slightly torn. Her top is made of offwhite bandages  wrapped around her chest. The boots she wears are dark brown hide with fringes at the top. Calai has a messy pony tail with small braids here and there within it. Her hair is dark brown and decorated with natural feathers. She paints her face with natural paints. Under her eyes are five red dots with one horizontal white stripe underneath, underneath the white stripe is a thicker black stripe, on her chin is two vertical red stripes, a black stripe is in-between those two that starts right above her mouth, and lastly there are five white dots starting at her hair line and goes down the middle of her forehead with two thin red triangles slanting downward towards the dots. Calai also wears dark brown, fingerless, hide gloves. She is fairly thin and tall. Her necklace is an arrowhead, an acorn, and a small bird skull.
History: Calaiuryon lived in a peaceful village with other woodland creatures. One day when she was ten, her village was attacked by a band of carnivores. They killed several members of Calai's  tribe including her mother. Ever since then she decided to train so she could defend her people from other attacks. She learned archery skills from her father, simple magic skills from the village shaman, and learned knive skills on her own. She became very skilled and was able to defend her village from a few more attacks. This made her father very proud, but unfortunately he died of old age recently. Calai became the leader of her own band of warriors to protect the village and the forest.
Noteworthy gear: She has a long wooden bow and two daggers.The dagger's handles are wrapped in leather and the blades are carved out of craggy rocks. Her long bow is made out of wood and has several symbols carved into it. The end is decorated with dark green ribbons and colorful feathers. She has a simple hide quiver and knife holster.
Abilities: Healing powers and slight psychic abilities.
Noteworthy skills: Agility, Flexibility, Climbing, Fighting skills, Archery, Stealth, Knife skills, and Potion making skills
Flaws and weaknesses: Her psychic abilities aren't fully adabted. She tends to be a loner which can get her into trouble. Sometimes she can be lazy. Calai likes to defend people and help them, but that can also cause problems for her and others, and even though she is helpful and kind she isn't very friendly. Holds in her feelings and can be stubborn. She is afraid of large bodies of water.
Personality: Chill, Kind, Understanding, Quite, Philosophical, Stubborn, Adventurous, and Ambitious

• Avatar by: Candy Bear (thanks love) ^_^
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y6GaPkkGZGw
If you are ever feeling sad, watch this to cheer you up ^
Red pandas are my favorite so it definitely works for me :)

Offline DustinW

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 02:26:04 AM »
Question, what type of setting does the roleplay take place in exactly? Is it just generic high-fantasy a-la LoTR? Or is more like WoW, being anachronistic and having a variety of technological states across the world?

Offline Tempest (Red Panda)

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Red panda
  • Coloring: Normal red panda coloring, red eyes with gold flecks
  • Height: 3'6"
  • Weight: 30 lbs
  • Build: Has a very curvy, voluptuous body with soft fur
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 03:12:45 AM »
Name: Willow
Species: Dragoness
Class: Healer (deals with potions and herbs)
Power scale: 3

Description: 6'8" curvy, black dragoness with green spots on her shoulders, back, thighs, tail, and arms, her green spots will change color with mood. She has a soft, round face with big golden eyes and curved black horns sprout from her short, silver hair. She typically has her ears laid back comfortably, along with her green webbed wings tucked behind her shoulders when she's resting. There are a few semi sharp spikes along the tip of her tail that she only uses at last resorts. When she walks, she barely makes a sound due to her big, padded feet.

History: Due to her timid and modest nature, she was commonly taken advantage of growing up. The women who did it have always been the ones she trusted the most, especially her mother. You'd expect that men would have been the ones to violate her, yet men weren't jealous of the spotlight she got at the market or at family gatherings. Her mother was very beautiful, and Willow got her good looks from her mother and her father, she was the most beautiful baby her father had ever seen, and her mother got jealous. The first day it happened, they were walking home from a party and her mother was drunk. She took Willow into a nearby alley way and raped her, her friends began to too soon after. This continued for years before her father found out and took Willow far, far away with him, they ended up in a small village and they are running a business, selling medicine and special teas that they grow in their garden.

Clothing: Typically wearing a long black cloak, a belt full of bottles, vials, and little jars, and a black mask that covers the bottom half of her face when she goes out of town.

Noteworthy gear: A bag full of little stones that she uses to meditate with for 1 hour each night

Abilities: she is an amazing healer, she has healed men with terrible battle wounds within 2 days

Skills: excellent at calming people down, gains people's trust quickly, excellent at climbing, swimming and flying

Flaws/weaknesses: unable to trust women or people of higher power than her. Has night terrors often and has a fear of abandonment
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 02:30:54 PM by Tempest (Red Panda) »
In case you don't know what red pandas are like, watch this video :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRwiPJkm1WE

Offline Xavier Akafur

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 03:50:52 AM »
DustinW- At the moment the world has just been general high fantasy, probably a bit more in the eccentric magic realm than LOTR. I am open to interpretation, however, and it wouldn't be much of a stretch to say distant lands may have differing levels of tech. What did you have in mind?

Offline DustinW

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 04:11:49 AM »
DustinW- At the moment the world has just been general high fantasy, probably a bit more in the eccentric magic realm than LOTR. I am open to interpretation, however, and it wouldn't be much of a stretch to say distant lands may have differing levels of tech. What did you have in mind?

I was thinking about having some sort of gunpowder-era character. Someone who uses flintlock weapons, and dresses similarly to how one would dress if they were from the 19th century.

Offline Xavier Akafur

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2015, 08:16:17 AM »
Flintlock weapons would certainly fit. I'm less worried about the aesthetic than I am about having unbalanced abilities and the like. I would be open to a character who was from one of the larger and more advanced nations and had some simple gunpowder weaponry. My character has a ship armed with cannons, hasn't come into play yet but it DOES exist so already black powder is involved somehow.

Offline Celestial_Dragon

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 10:43:35 AM »
so.......do you want me to join or just can it

Freedom isn't free

Offline Xavier Akafur

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2015, 10:57:01 AM »
Well we are going to take a vote for new people, but Celestial, I think your character is a couple measures too powerful for the current story. Also a majority of our players are mages and your character buffs magic around him, which would then throw all of OUR characters into being too strong xD

Offline Celestial_Dragon

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2015, 10:59:21 AM »
ok i will change the current,

Freedom isn't free

Offline DustinW

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2015, 05:31:43 AM »
Name: Dustin Wess
]Age: 23
Species: Canine

Class (Or general combat style): Marksman
Power Scale:2

Description: Dustin could be described as unmistakably average at first glance. He's about the average height for his race, standing at 6'5". His build isn't immediately evident, as his thick clothing manages to conceal his physique. However, if one managed to catch him without his gear on, one would notice a fairly decent physique, if not a bit on the leaner side. The fur that covers his body is a light brown color, with his underbelly and snout being white. His eyes are the most remarkable characteristic about Dustin, being a yellow-golden in color, a mark his family has carried for generations, though affords him no ability that he knows of. The hair on his head is a very dark red color, and somewhat unkempt due to his lifestyle as a wanderer. He does his best with it though, trying to keep it in a sort of pony-tail.

History: Dustin comes from a small city-state that, due to the mountainous terrain, is fairly cut-off from the rest of the world. However, this hasn't impeded the progress of the city-state, as it has made several strides in technological advancement. The crowning achievement of the city-state being the discovery of gunpowder in the mountains around them. This is where Dustin's family comes in, as they were some of the first prospectors of the new element. As time went by, the Wess clan became affluent within the city-state from the money gained by extracting the element from the mountains. At the height of their power, the Wess clan almost succeeded in a bid for the throne. However, the Wess clan was unsuccessful, and after made many enemies within the political ardena of the city-state. The Wess clan, faced with many enemies that drained their resources, was forced into obscurity. By the time Dustin was born, the clan was hardly even a shadow of it's former self, having lost all of it's prestige and wealth. The last nail in the coffin for once-great clan, was when the last of the powder had been extracted from the last remaining mine that the Wess clan still owned. After this, Dustin was forced to try and make a living doing odd-jobs around the city. His pride unable to bare the menial tasks he was doing, he decided to take the last of his meager earnings, and buy the necessary supplies to leave the city-state and try to a new fortune to make his clan great once again.

Noteworthy gear (Any magical items or trinkets): Dustin possesses a heavy longcoat that protects him from the elements, as well as possible minor injuries. Hidden underneath the longcoat, he has several flintlock pistols strapped across his chest. Across his back, he has a longrifle, along with a backpack with multiple survival tools. Lastly, he has a medallion around his neck, his Clan's ancestral sigil. While it doesn't posses any magical properties, it is of great sentimental value to Dustin, and values it as his most precious connection.
Abilities(Magic/weapon abilities): Dustin does not posses any magical ability. His physical ability is limited to his ability to shoot his various guns.

Noteworthy skills: Surviving alone in the wilderness for as long as he has, Dustin is very skilled at many different survival skills. He also has quite a bit of knowledge on gunpowder, most of it past down the clan line.

Flaws or Weaknesses: A big flaw in Dustin's personality is his pride. As the last of the Wess clan, it is his duty to try and revive the once-great clan of Wess. This usually makes him over-zealous to try and defend his clan's honor. His other and possibly more obvious flaw, is that he has no magical ability, and is bound to the physical limits that he has.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 05:38:47 AM by DustinW »

Offline Xavier Akafur

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2015, 04:36:43 AM »
Is anyone from this thread still active?