The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Confusion...  (Read 835 times)

Offline AngelWingsCreations

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • How do you human?
    • Awards
  • Species: Chira
  • Coloring: White base; Navy Blue, Medium Grey, Lilac, Orange, Brown, Black, Gold, Golden Blonde, Golden Brown, Purple
  • Height: Feral: 2'3"; Anthro: 5' 5 5/8"
  • Weight: Feral: 75lbs; Anthro: 143lbs
  • Currently: *flail*
Confusion...
« on: September 13, 2015, 04:39:47 AM »
So I had originally planned Angel to be a talking suit, but now I'm not sure if I want her to be a talker or silent. What do you guys think? What are the pros and cons of both talker and silent suits?

I just want to get as many opinions as I can before I get to work on the suit.

Offline nightmute

• Vibrating Furby
  • bird nerd
    • DeviantArt
    • Wildfeathers Art
    • Awards
  • Species: raven x wolf hybrid
  • Coloring: aurora
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Confusion...
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 06:24:49 AM »
I'm partial to the talking ones, or ones that make animal-like sounds.  :P

The silent ones are still super cute, yes, and I adore the gestures they do... but I feel that if they were to make some sounds (not just squeaking), they would bring their character that much more to life. Its true that some animals make less vocalizations than a human would, but we're talking about half-humans here... so... yeah.

When I get the funds to start building my own partial suit, I plan on having a moving jaw and making lots of bird noises (character is a bird hybrid) but the character can still speak, so I can still speak without breaking character. I think I'd work on making her voice sound a bit crackly or parrot like when I get to that point, too. Iunno. Hope this helps, I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Offline AngelWingsCreations

• Avid Aardvark
  • How do you human?
    • Awards
  • Species: Chira
  • Coloring: White base; Navy Blue, Medium Grey, Lilac, Orange, Brown, Black, Gold, Golden Blonde, Golden Brown, Purple
  • Height: Feral: 2'3"; Anthro: 5' 5 5/8"
  • Weight: Feral: 75lbs; Anthro: 143lbs
  • Currently: *flail*
Re: Confusion...
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 02:32:00 PM »
I thought about it a lot yesterday, and I think I will make Angel a talker. It wouldn't feel right to have her be silent. Especially since I already planned on remaking her head out of resin when I get to it.