The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Need opinions on art style  (Read 948 times)

Offline deustheproducer

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Homeboy looks like shark week
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Shark
  • Coloring: Black
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: 160
  • Build: Skinny-Fit
  • Currently: Working / Drinking
Need opinions on art style
« on: September 02, 2015, 03:08:39 AM »
Hey everyone I'm working on my first furson, well once I get my tablet I will be. However i'm also just getting into art and digital art. I need some opinions from more experienced artists. I am posting two pictures I found while searching up furry art. Apologies as I don't know the artist, but what I'm looking for is basically a genre. Basically what would this be classified as and how would i go about finding more in this style. This is the style I want to do, as I've always been attracted to neon, rave style drawings. :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Live every week like it's shark week ;)

Offline Fauxtrot

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Genuine workaholic, at your service.
  • Currently: UCI undergrad on summer break! ^^
Re: Need opinions on art style
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 05:43:19 AM »
This style has always been hard to find (at least for me it is). The best advice I can give you is go down a Google Image Search rabbit hole: start by right clicking on that first image you linked and click "Google Search for this image", go down and click on "Visually similar images", find the few that you like and also "Google Search for this image" on them as well, rinse and repeat. Google is also crazy good at identifying images, and will typically accompany the searches with keywords (like "furry rave", google u so smart) that you should use for separate searches to look for more. This neon style is all over the place, I wish artists tagged it better. (For instance, this awesome stereoscopic-looking piece on FA that I stumbled upon randomly.)
"The only thing that stops us from doing the really cool things is time." Monty Oum, 1981 - 2015