The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Volunteering in a furry project  (Read 876 times)

Offline Sarrus

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black with lilac eyes
  • Build: Lithe and streamline
  • Currently: :yltnerruC
Volunteering in a furry project
« on: August 16, 2015, 04:48:20 PM »
Does anyone have any experience of joining furry development projects? Or is there a good place to look. I have done a lot of work with service provision, both local and using cloud services and it would be nice to use my skills to further the fandom or meet new people. Obviously I wouldn't expect to be paid.

For some bizarre reason I find it immensely satisfying building networks / setting up servers.

My talents lie in using commodity hardware and open source systems as well as maintaining good security. To give you an idea of what level I can work at: I can set up everything from web servers (apache2) to backbone services such as identity management (freeIPA) and I am currently learning how to use the PBX software Asterisk (though I would be surprised if there was a furry project that used that). I know my way around both Linux and Windows as well as having dabbled in IOS (the routing operating system, not Apple's one)

My day job is IT based though it mostly involves user support. It would be awesome to get to work on something that the fandom uses.
"There is intrigue among the souls, and treachery. No worse fate can befall a man than to be surrounded by traitor souls."

Offline Toxicdog

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Imagining the equalizer goin' from green to red...
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Height: 5'10''
  • Build: Athletic
  • Currently: ΔxΔp≥ℏ/2
Re: Volunteering in a furry project
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 07:57:20 PM »
the #TechFurs channel on the FurNet irc usually has lots of people asking for help there. Try it out.