The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Arctic wall  (Read 8921 times)

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
Re: The Arctic wall
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2015, 02:20:06 PM »
Xander helped Ray to stabilise his mech. "There you go fella. Try to be just a little more...careful." There was a pause followed by a amused chuckle. "So you're telling me that you lost your balances because you were watching your balances?"

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2015, 02:49:59 PM »
Ray sighed audibly over the comms. "Yeah....I was moving forward without watching."

Offline Zarconite

• Hug Enthusiast
  • Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
  • May or may not be a demon
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf / Fox Hybrid
  • Coloring: Grey / White / Blue
  • Height: 5' 7"
  • Weight: 170
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: I think I'm finished here, I may pop up from time to time though
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2015, 02:54:24 PM »
*The jet dropped the mech mid flight and it started to fall towards the base camp*

*The jet turned around and headed off into the distance*
  • Avatar by: Commision by Nimroderick
  • Signature art by: Myself - so that its easier for me to tell which posts are mine

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2015, 03:02:18 PM »
"Yeah, that's dangerous," Geoff replied. "It's like driving a car. M-must keep eyes on the road..."
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 12:23:34 AM by Evnamishko »

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2015, 03:38:18 PM »
The American base (The one Zarc was dropping towards) Was in a frenzy, the turrets on the base swiveled to point at the falling Mech, the Mechs were training and too far away to bring in.

The radio buzzes into life in Zarcs cockpit //THIS IS THE UN ARCTIC BASE TO THE UNKNOWN MECH. IDENTIFY YOURSELF, OR YOU WILL BE SHOT DOWN//

~~~

The Fangwall slowly inches up the slope, careful not to fall. "Lets focus on fixing the issue before being mad at anyone for causing it." Angder stated "Once we are home and dry... or home and damp from swimming, we can sort out what went wrong."
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 03:58:30 PM by Angder »
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2015, 03:47:11 PM »
TIFFANY inched along behind The Fangwall. Xander was surprised that he seemed to be having the least trouble at the moment. "Angder I thought you were supposed to be good at this kind of thing?" The smirk on his face was practically able to be heard in his tone.

Offline Zarconite

• Hug Enthusiast
  • Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2015, 03:49:55 PM »
Oop.. this is why you should plan your arrivals..
*Zarco set up his intercom*
"Hello US Arctic base.. this is Zarco, I've been transferred here via the UN base. I work as a mercenary and am requesting permission to land and to assist your squad"

*Zarco switched into flight form and started to decend for landing*
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 03:53:56 PM by Zarconite »
  • Signature art by: Myself - so that its easier for me to tell which posts are mine

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2015, 03:56:39 PM »
"WE READ YOU. Come down just south of us, or north if your Mech is not ready for operating in the water. Do not approach, we will send a helicopter out to guide you in."

The main room of the base relaxes, the Racoomn working the Communications looks to the general. A lizard sitting at the back of the control room. The Lizard nods back. "As we expected... We need all the help we can get..."

~~

Angder snarls, and tries to speed up at that taunt, however part of the ice near one of the back feet breaks away, falling 80 feet into the ocean, and almost pulling the Fangwall with it, resulting in the huge wolf clinging desperately to the wall. "DAMN IT. Looks like I might need to go for a swim..."
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 04:01:05 PM by Angder »

Offline Zarconite

• Hug Enthusiast
  • Jovial Jaguar
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2015, 04:00:23 PM »
"Roger that, descending at the south side of the base"
*Zarco adjusted his flight slightly and gently landed on the ice*
*he then switched from his flight form into his normal form

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2015, 04:02:23 PM »
"Keep moving. I think that you and Ray are being just a little too cautious. Not letting things just happen. Well, if you take a dip you owe me lunch, that should be a good incentive not to fall." Xander was clearly enjoying this a little too much for his own good.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2015, 04:08:41 PM »
Angder snarls again. "If your so good at this, why not come help me out?" The fangwall slips a bit further, the ice here was melting, the device designed to keep it frozen obviously was not doing its job...

~~~

The thin shelf of ice was not strong enough to hold Zarcs mech. It looked like he was going to have to swim.

A jet powered helicopter moves out towards the ZERTEX. "Dive into the water, and head for the underwater entrance just below the base... we will need to secure your Mech once you are inside, the rest of the squad is out training so for now you are on your own... With the possible exception of the CELESTIAL."

The helicopter shines a light to the west of the base. where the Mechs launch from. a sort of metal chute is visible in the side of the building bottom, heading into the water and presumably having an opening down there large enough to fit even the biggest Mechs...

Offline Zarconite

• Hug Enthusiast
  • Jovial Jaguar
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2015, 04:14:13 PM »
Alright, that should give me time to make some adjustments..
This ice doesn't feel stable, even in my fairly light mech

"Okay, moving into position"

*ZERTEX dived into the water and moved towards the under water entrance. while he was able to move under water, his mech clearly wasn't designed for it*
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 04:17:33 PM by Zarconite »

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2015, 04:17:13 PM »
Xander rolled his eyes and scoffed. "Well I just made a wager. I can't exactly interfere now can I? That would be cheating, not to mention I'd just be cheating myself out of a good laugh." He paused for a moment. "No you're definitely gonna have to deal with this on your own bud."

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2015, 04:25:45 PM »
Angder Snarls. and slowly begins to climb. "When I get out of this thing... I will Rip out yo~" "This is the canadian base to the american Mech squad? what is the holdup?" Angder swore as all the Mechs receive the same signal. "This is Angder of the FANGWALL. Device Can23 is faulty, and we are struggling to remain on the wall. That is why we have stopped. Over."

~~

The helicopter follows the ZERTEX closely. Observing the issues it was having... The radio buzzes into life again as the lizard commanding the base speaks to Zarc directly. "We were expecting you yesterday." He states. "We understand you are a freelance, but as long as you are in this base, and under my command. I expect you to follow orders. Is that clear?"  He does not give time for a response "Good. I am Commander Sunderland. Welcome aboard Zarc."

Offline Zarconite

• Hug Enthusiast
  • Jovial Jaguar
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2015, 04:31:48 PM »
"Sorry for the hold up commander, I had to make a few adjustments to allow the mech to operate at these low temperatures. Thanks for the welcome, I'll try my best to be of service Sir!"
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 04:35:26 PM by Zarconite »