Author Topic: The Arctic wall  (Read 9013 times)

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
The Arctic wall
« on: August 04, 2015, 05:32:42 PM »
((Quick note: this RP started out as a fun RP and was moved, hence the strange formatting at times.))

((Quick note, GrovyGrunge is co-running this with me))

The year is 2065, global warming has not stopped, furmanity in its infinite wisdom, could not give up its industry and luxuries... even as the water rises... So they got creative.
Rather than preventing the ice from melting they decided to wall the water in. and prevent the water from escaping the ice caps, a major worldwide operation... The wall is constructed from Ice, refrozen to create a vertical cliff, on one side is the water, on the other is the ice cap.

It seems to have worked, even as more ice melts the sea is not rising, thousands of lives have already been saved...

Then came a catastrophe. The exact details are unknown, But the Chinese, and Russian bases were both attacked and destroyed along the arctic wall. The identity of the attackers is unknown. But action is being taken. The FALCON project for the Americans was green-lit, similar projects emerged world wide. Walking fighting vehicles, with 2 or more legs, or 'Mechs', were deployed to protect the wall.

You are a pilot to one of these Mechs, currently garrisoned at the American garrison.

~~~

Rules:

This is a fun RP with a capital FUN. Keep the bleak depressiveness from the other RPs out of it.

Only one Mech and pilot per person. Have as many Minor characters as you like. ^_^

Try not to godmod.

No powers, You have a fecking mech, you don't need powers.

Be as creative as you like with the Mechs, But remember they need to work OK around the ocean, a lot of this RP will take place in and around the water.

~~~

Character sheet:

Name: Angder
Species: Wolf
Country of origin: America
Backstory: Angder joined the project pretty much as soon as the Mechs started being designed, he has been in them at all stages of development.
When they were mobilized, he was one of the first ones up to the wall. He loves his Mech, and is eager to test it.

~

Mech sheet:

Name/designation: FANGWALL
Design: A huge wolf,  12 Meters tall when Anthro. Has a giant axe, and a giant Rifle, usually positioned on its back, capable of morphing from being on two legs, and four. When on two legs it can draw its weapons for use against a variety of threats.
Country of origin: America
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 12:55:27 AM by Angder »
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
Re: The Arctic wall
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 06:18:48 PM »

Name: Xander
Species: Wolf
Country of origin: U.K
Backstory: Xander does not really care about global warming, so he didn't join the project until recently. The only reason he joined the project was because he wanted to drive mechs and maybe kick the ass of evil shark creatures (which totally don't exist >.>)
~

Mech sheet:

Name/designation: TIFFANY (It is officially as the TF-207 but Xander dislikes this name and so has dubbed it Tiffany)
Design: The mech is a huge wolf that is about 10 meters. The only weapon it has besides it's FISTS is a large sword. This mech is primarily bipedal and has trouble getting up if knocked down onto it's back. The design is not the best yet it is pretty effective.
Country of Origin: U.K
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 06:25:34 PM by Grovygrunge »

Offline Little F

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Squirrel
  • Coloring: Orange
  • Height: 6.5ft
  • Weight: 147 pounds
  • Build: slightly shorter than most and slim
  • Currently: Probably stirring up trouble
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 07:02:16 PM »
Name:Dean
Species:dalmatian
Country of origin:Great Britain
Backstory:Dean grew up with a history of service his father and his grandfather both served in the army and so he enlisted in the navy for 3 years until new positions opened up for the guarding of a polar wall. He took the opurtunity to serve both his country and the rest of the world.

Mech sheet

Name:The Union Flak
Design:a large White and blue Fox that stands at about 11metres with three Flak cannons on each arm. The shoulder blades of the Mech will usually open to release steam and prevent overheating when running and firing. The Mech has a feature that will deploy armour plating in the event of a full loss of power.
Country of origin:Great Britain

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 08:06:10 PM »
((Going to wait for a couple more people before starting.))

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 08:33:54 PM »
((Note: I retconned the original character I used due to her not yet being developed enough to have fun roleplaying with.))

Name: Geoffrey
Species: Cinnamon Black Bear
Country of Origin: United States of America
Backstory: Geoff spent some time living on the streets, feeling he wasn't worth much of anything, but finding an opportunity and an epiphany, he decided to use his life to do at least some good in the world and joined the Arctic Wall guard. The mechs are pretty damn awesome as well.

Mech

Name: Arcticlaw
Design: White, black, and blue bear, 14 meters tall when bipedal. It is quite rugged and can take a beating, but isn't very fast. Its main weapon is its bladed claws, which are deadly by themselves, but also have the option to shock enemies with electricity as well.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 12:16:08 AM by Evnamishko »

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 10:31:37 PM »
((won't be able to do much tonight. but lets set the scene.))

The Fangwall sat ready on top of the wall of ice. the huge metal wolf lifts onto its two back legs, and howls its metal howl, over the communication system Angder laughs. "Ok. Simple enough! We dash to the Canadian base, and back. Simple training exercise." The mech returns to four legs, and bounds off down the wall. behind him the American base was present, a huge building as tall as the wall. Anchored  into the sea bed far below. A white beacon of hope, extending along the wall, supported by it. The large blast doors on the west side. In the control room teams work monitoring every aspect of the wall.

The peek of scientific accomplishments of the world all put into this one building.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 10:26:13 PM by Angder »

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2015, 10:54:27 PM »
Name: Rayleonarde "Ray" Blackburn

Species: Raccoon

Country of Origin: United States of America

Backstory: Ray worked in a small, local market for most of his life, scraping by with what he earned. Eventually, he left, and joined the FALCON Project.

Mech Sheet

Name: Silver Bullet   

Design: A large, silver colored raccoon boasting a single, massive cannon braced across the right shoulder. The tail acts as a counter-balance for the recoil. A massive magazine toting all of the cannon's munitions.  The mech is not meant to go fast, or stay in prolonged combat.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 10:57:26 PM »
((welcome Ray Good to have you aboard  ^_^ ))

((everyone before my starting post is accepted, just saying in case there is any doubt))

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 11:01:13 PM »
((Thanks for having me, is it okay to start posting?))

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2015, 11:02:02 PM »
Xander responded to Angder over the communication system. "Alright, seems simple enough, just need to head over to that base. How hard could that be?" He stared at all of the controls in front of him, feeling quite confused for a moment. "Oh **censor** my life..." He didn't notice he still had communications open as he said this.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 11:02:46 PM »
((go ahead))

Angder laughs. "Just remember the simulations everyone. You have done this before effectively."

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 11:07:21 PM »
Ray trudged up behind Angder and Xander. "Do you think we could tone the speed down a bit? You guys always outpace me, and last time I got lost in a snowstorm!"

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2015, 11:13:29 PM »
Geoffrey laughed.

"Uh, r-ready when you are," he said. He was still overwhelmed by the complex technology in his hands, but it fascinated him. Luckily he had enough training to get the hang of controlling it.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 12:21:13 AM by Evnamishko »

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2015, 11:14:51 PM »
"Yeah sure, sounds alright to me." Xander was secretly agreeing because it was convenient for him he was still getting a little used to actually using the controls. He was adjusting quickly but still had room for improvement.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2015, 11:16:30 PM »
"Fair enough... though how you got lost along what is basically a road continues to elude me." Angder laughs. the wall was thick enough or 2 mechs the size of the fangwall to stand side by side without risk of falling. or three if you are willing to risk falling. Damn Japanese spider mechs avoid that problem by clinging to the side of the wall... though they were much weaker and it takes much less to take one of them out.

"OK... everyone lets get moving. Lets go slow for Ray's benefit." The mech began to pad along the wall. like a big metal dog.