The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: I NEED my old boyfriend back *long story*  (Read 372 times)

Offline Akyra

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: wolves and cats
I NEED my old boyfriend back *long story*
« on: July 24, 2015, 09:52:21 PM »
I knew this guy a while back, and met him when I was 10. I met him after my teacher said that we might get along together. We were just typical casual friends for a couple weeks but after that we became best friends. If we could see each other, we'd do it, no matter what. He was really the only person who wouldnt judge me for who I was. After a while I found out he was bi, like I am. Truth is, I had a big crush on him and he was pretty much the only person I cared about. Turns out he had the same thougts. We were boyfriends for about two years, then his mom f**ed things (I censored it so dont ban me) up. She made the idiot believe horrible things about me that were lies. She claimed I swore constantly. Damien (yeah thats his name) swore a rediculous amount. I swear about half as much as him, yet I was the one with swore "excessively". He still cared about me, so we talked on roblox (a website) under different usernames. His mother found out and threatened to sue me for "harassment". I even asked a police officer if what I was doing was illegal, but he said it was fine, as long as I wasnt harassing him. Now he hates me as much as I hate his mother. I still care about him though, and its all I think about. I dont care if I wasnt that bad, I should have been perfect. Thats how much Damien meant to me. When he said that he hated me I took it horribly. I called him all sorts of horrible things that I would probably be banned if I listed here. 6 months later he's still pissed off about it. Isnt he overreacting? Sure, I was mean to him, but hes not Jesus. What angered me more than anything is that his current best friend is 20 years old, and he's 13. I told him he's probably a pedo, but he doesnt care. I havent tried talking to him in a couple months. He promised we would try again at the beginning of 2016, but thats still a long way off, and he didnt gurantee we'd be friends again. Going back in time again, one time we were just swingin on the swing, when some idiot bullies come over. One of them calls him a "mcdonalds fatty" because he was drinking a smoothie from mcdonalds. After they wouldnt stop pestering us, I went over to him and dumped a bottle of water over his head. It was in December, and it gets very cold where I live, so you can imagine why that angered him. I almost got my ass beat but Damien still doesnt care. He still gets treated like crap in school today, and I was the only person who would defend him. I dont want to sound egotistical, but I feel like he missed the best friend he could have got. He's all I think about, and I still love him, what do I do?

TLDR version: I met this guy, and we became friends right away. I defended him and helped him whenever possible, but he betrayed me because I swore once, and now he hates me.

Offline Dr. Alka Wolf

• Contemplation, across the nation
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Always willing to help out.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Generally grey with black hair
  • Height: 1.8 meters
  • Weight: 75kg
  • Build: Fair build, not very muscular, not very fat and not overly skinny either
  • Currently: Looking for RP, but remembering I live in the future
Re: I NEED my old boyfriend back *long story*
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 08:07:39 AM »
If you're currently under 18, a boyfriend is the least of your troubles. Take it from a 15 year old in a dysfunctional relationship. Honestly, you would've been much better off not being his boyfriend, but that's just my pessimistic view of him.

Also, you're being fairly egotistical. Sorry to say, but if you truly was his best option, then he wouldn't have abandoned you so easily.

Pro tip for friendships: Don't call people's friends pedos, unless they talk/act in a pedoish way.

From what you say, it doesn't seem like he cared about you as much as your care/d about him. In which case, make like Elsa and let it go.

• Signature art by: Cinder42, Zarconite(+myself)
"Blackness. Lots and lots of blackness. When it's all you ever see, it makes even the smallest spark of light stand out"

Reference of Alka

Al's Weapon References \\\\\ Al's badass mask x3 \\\\\ Reference of Al

Gaia's Song List \\\\\ Reference of Gaia

Offline Akyra

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: wolves and cats
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 08:14:54 PM »
I know his friends. They all do drugs and crap and use him for money. They also drink a lot (and I'm not taliking about water)

Offline Radio

• Chatty Cheetah
  • Lonely
    • www.furrypile.co.uk
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 08:26:25 PM »
(he's referring to milk)
Here's my advice,

If someone gives you a timeout for a year to be out of the relationship and otherwise socializing, they do not deserve your time nor is it likely that they will try again to bring back the bond. Think of it like this, If and when you two get back together, you're both going to have that awkward feeling in the back of your mind and pit of your stomach that will refer to the incident that separated you from the get go. It's best to let it go and move on. You are 10 times more likely to find another person that finds you attractive and shares your interests than to try and repair something that is broken to this extent. You'll be much more better off emotionally. You can either try and wait the remainder of the year and be emotionally devastated or you can attempt to find someone even better than that person. Hate is a disgusting word. If he truly does, its his loss. Carry yourself high. Don't let him drag you down.
Would like very much to become a mod one day!

Offline Eden-H

• Boisterous Bear
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Android
  • Coloring: White, black
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Uplifted
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 08:39:20 PM »
To be quite frank, I am not in the least bit surprised that things have come to a questionable halt. You are attempting to carry a legitimate relationship when he is thirteen, in a time when the rules and commentary of a parent typically overrides what a person may feel. I understand that this does not apply in every situation possible and I know very well what can happen to those who consider or try to rebel against their parents or feel as though they can no longer trust anyone in their family; however, it would appear this statement stands in regards to him.

Second, you are being exceedingly narcissistic and what you have written is somewhat disturbing, especially your statements about your views of him and how you relate to one another. If you genuinely care about him, you will accept his boundaries and wait until a time when he is comfortable to talk to you or he decides that being friends, or any semblance thereof, is not what he wants. Or you can move on instead of allowing yourself to be emotionally devastated over a situation that is ridiculously common at that age.

I also find some things extremely confusing. You say you barely utter any obscenities by comparison to him and that his mother immediately makes the decision that you two should no longer associate with one another. Yet she knows or does nothing about his other friends who supposedly do drugs, use him for money and drink?

Although it is hard to make an informed decision based on a single side of the story, numerous things you have pointed out either do not make sense or do not follow logically, such as the above example. I am also inclined to agree with Alka in regards to their 'truly best option' comment.
  • Signature art by: GhostPaladin