The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: considering getting a new laptop... saw this one and i really want it.  (Read 2462 times)

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
can we know a brand please and 8 GB SSD? that wont hold even the OS
It's used as a cache drive, a lot of laptops do this. Basically it's a small SSD to hold the most frequently used files to speed up a little, but the actual data is still stored on the HDD. It's no error in the specification, just a type of technology I assume you're not very familiar with.

For the OP:
I would agree with the others though, a desktop will indeed give you more performance for your money. Laptops are nice because they're portable, but the biggest downside is generally that if you want something that works alright, you'll be paying a lot more than you would for an equivalent desktop. Also portability, in my opinion, isn't actually that big actually since high-performance laptops tend to pack a lot of hardware and thus be quite bulky and heavy, so sure you can move it around but it'll weigh a ton.

Myself I have a desktop and just a simpler laptop, anything that requires a strong computer I do on my desktop and the laptop I reserve for general carrying around and browsing stuff, it also weighs almost nothing!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 06:34:53 PM by Timmy Fox »
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!