The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Anyone a fan of the Redwall series?  (Read 3221 times)

Offline Limber

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Deer
  • Coloring: Natural (Brown, Black, Cream)
  • Height: 5ft 7inch
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Getting in the zone
Anyone a fan of the Redwall series?
« on: May 29, 2015, 01:31:34 PM »
Just out of curiosity, is there anyone else who have read the Redwall series by Brian Jaques? and if so, what were your thoughts on it. for those who don't know its a series about anthropomorphic woodland creatures in a Mid-evil setting. its for a younger audience. It is generally based around the struggles of Good versus Evil and are nice and easy reads. I would recommend at least checking them out ;)

Offline Krowdon

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • We Are Not Things
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Anyone a fan of the Redwall series?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 01:06:03 AM »
Hi yes hello this topic was basically made for me.

I LOVE the Redwall series. Fun fact, my fursona started out as a Redwall OC.

I think they're absolutely beautifully written books. True, some of the plots feel repetitive, but it's really the characters that make the books great. There's a lot of good morals in there too. I don't think you can have a conversation about Redwall without mentioning how delicious their food sounds either. Can't read one of those books on an empty stomach!!

The author built a really neat little world, and filled it with such great characters. I've been reading those books for 10 years now, and it's the only series I can read over and over. I can go on a huge rant about Redwall but I don't think anyone wants to read that haha.
"Yet who'll be left tae tell the tale
when steel an' fang must meet?"