The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Need help getting rid of my subconscious.  (Read 300 times)

Offline Obey138 (Matthew "Fluffy")

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • ~$ sudo pm-hibernate
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Last.fm Profile
    • Awards
  • Species: Anthro Catwolf
  • Coloring: Dark-grey fur (#767b7d), cream-white straps and belly (#f3f1e4), grey additions (#b5b3ad)
  • Height: ~183cm / ~6ft / ~72inch
  • Weight: ~73kg / ~161lbs
  • Build: Slim fit
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Please be aware of my rude jokes!
Need help getting rid of my subconscious.
« on: May 17, 2015, 08:36:16 AM »
I just realised that I have actually not beaten depression, but rather hid it deep in me, so deep I though it left me. But it waited. Waited patiently for the right moment to jump out with highest effectiveness and paralyse me.
I need help.
I mean not help like psychologist or pills or anything long-term (that's already taken care of), but little advises what I could do in case of immediate subconsciousness attack, because trying to ignore it (thinking of something else) obviously doesn't work for me. I also don't look for advises like "let it all out", because I won't be able to do so at school of work. I look for advises in cases where I need to hide it.
I'm very sensitive and thoughtful (I let imagination drive me most of the times), so depression could attack me in almost every moment.
Help me
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 08:39:12 AM by Obey138 (Fluffy) »

Offline Teiko

• Handsome wouf!
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Species: Wolf Angel
  • Coloring: Dirty Purple / Grey
  • Height: 5' 9"
  • Weight: 145lbs
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: AT FIELD MAX POWER
Re: Need help getting rid of my subconscious.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 10:50:01 AM »
Well it depends what you're depressed about. Is it people getting you down, do you lack motivation in life, etc. My mentality is generally, "yeah, maybe there is no objective point to life. But is there REALLY any reason why that has to be something to be sad about? I can't think of any reasons why. If life is subjective, then that means you get to choose what you want it's meaning to be. Maybe you don't like people. Well, people suck. Sometimes i start slipping into depression because i feel like the world is an endless sea of bad and stupid people. But in the end, i realize i'm better than most people and i'm just gonna keep doing me. It's something to be proud of, not something to dwell over. Don't be weak. Instead, show everyone that you are better than they are and be a leader. and maybe the point in your life is to promote change in society by setting a good example.

As for being sensitive, just realize that, again, people are stupid. So who cares what ANYBODY really thinks or says. I'm really sensitive too, and the slightest of criticisms triggers me. But then i just run through a checklist in my head; 1) Why should i care what this person thinks? (There's no reason). 2) do i care? (No). 3) Then why should i be upset about it? (I shouldn't). Thinking about things logically rather than emotionally really helps me stay positive. It's the only way to deal with stupid people.
  • Signature art by: Teiko

Offline Obey138 (Matthew "Fluffy")

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • ~$ sudo pm-hibernate
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Last.fm Profile
    • Awards
  • Species: Anthro Catwolf
  • Coloring: Dark-grey fur (#767b7d), cream-white straps and belly (#f3f1e4), grey additions (#b5b3ad)
  • Height: ~183cm / ~6ft / ~72inch
  • Weight: ~73kg / ~161lbs
  • Build: Slim fit
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Please be aware of my rude jokes!
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 11:37:06 AM »
Well, to clarify, when I'm stressed out I always do the following list:
-Stop.
-What is the problem?
-Why am I stressed about it?
-Should I? Why? Why not?
-How others deal with it?

But depression is stronger.

It's mostly caused by lack of motivation and required skills, my laziness or "what if" scenarios (when I'm so deep in my imagination, that I can't recognise what is reality [maybe I'm paranoid or schizophrenic :v] and/or wished that everything is true). Not be the people.
Whenever I have an depression attack I always try to calm myself down, think about the situation positively and start thinking about other things, but it just doesn't work.
I could go out to the people, but I'm too shy and my subconscious mostly doesn't let me to do so, because of their reaction, even that, logically thinking, they will want to help me.

There's also something else weird about my shyness. Firstly, I try to hide some facts from the others, because my subconscious tells me to do so, but when somebody asks me about it I could freely talk about it. And secondly, it's hard for me to initiate something, but when someone else does this for me, I'm no longer shy.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 01:00:09 PM »
People need to feel useful, you need to work on a project or find a hobby that interests you.

Have you considered doing some physical exercise? Perhaps take up a martial art, or go for jogs. Physical exercise can make you feel refreshed and happy about yourself and in a productive mood (it also releases endorphins so will, literally, make you happier)

If you have some friends who are doing projects, try to join them, doing a project in a group is much more motivating cause people rely on you, if you don't do the work then you're not just letting yourself down, but other people.

Wake up earlier, try to wake up at around 9-10 a day, even on weekends. And if possible, try to spend less time away from the computer, it may be boring at first but you might look for other, more productive, things to spend your time with.

Be social, try to hang out with a few of your friends. Being social doesn't mean being popular, or going to parties or hanging out with large groups, if you have a very good friend you like spending time with, try spending more time with him. Getting out with other people might make you feel a bit better about yourself.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";